How do you interpretate the stories of Visual Novels?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

How do you interpretate the stories of Visual Novels?

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 28th, 2008, 5:40 pm

I know Nasuverse has parellel universe so some of you might take that into perspective when seeing the different routes together as a whole, but that doesnt really matter coz then you could look it that way for all VN but can you just see one route as a stand-alone type and the other routes doesnt have any connections?

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 28th, 2008, 6:53 pm

I just see routes as the different possibilities that might have happened, something like parallel universes
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

Kanzar
Crack Addic!
Posts: 164
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 3:41 am

Unread post by Kanzar » March 28th, 2008, 9:41 pm

They're parallel universes, including bad ends, fake ends and the good/true endings... At every decision, a parallel world where you decided the other way exists. And VNs are all about decisions, yes? :P

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 29th, 2008, 5:00 am

then lets say in the parallel universe, in one rin is sister with sakura, do you see them as sisters in another universe?

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 29th, 2008, 5:26 am

radical_number6 wrote:then lets say in the parallel universe, in one rin is sister with sakura, do you see them as sisters in another universe?
By parallel universe i mean the decisions you make, rin and sakura are sisters from the very beginnin so you cant change that, even if its not mentioned in a route
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 29th, 2008, 11:52 am

Undream wrote:
radical_number6 wrote:then lets say in the parallel universe, in one rin is sister with sakura, do you see them as sisters in another universe?
By parallel universe i mean the decisions you make, rin and sakura are sisters from the very beginnin so you cant change that, even if its not mentioned in a route
i know. stupid questions. if they werent sisters, one of them wouldnt exist or something. but by decisions you make, you only know as much as youlive by the decisions you make, but say when you take a different route, you uncover some revelations(bar blood relations; you cant do anything on genetics). would those revelations still exist for all universe?

Mukuro
Addict
Posts: 66
Joined: October 11th, 2007, 5:54 pm
Location: Wandering somewhere in Nasuverse

Unread post by Mukuro » March 29th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Like in Tsukihime?
► Show Spoiler

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 29th, 2008, 4:27 pm

radical_number6 wrote:
Undream wrote:
radical_number6 wrote:then lets say in the parallel universe, in one rin is sister with sakura, do you see them as sisters in another universe?
By parallel universe i mean the decisions you make, rin and sakura are sisters from the very beginnin so you cant change that, even if its not mentioned in a route
i know. stupid questions. if they werent sisters, one of them wouldnt exist or something. but by decisions you make, you only know as much as youlive by the decisions you make, but say when you take a different route, you uncover some revelations(bar blood relations; you cant do anything on genetics). would those revelations still exist for all universe?
yeah (at least i think so) because in each route you uncover some parts of the whole picture. The only thing that changes is the result.
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 29th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Mukuro wrote:Like in Tsukihime?
► Show Spoiler
close to it, but a bit further like shiki fixed his problem with
► Show Spoiler

Brizzle
Crack Desu!
Posts: 319
Joined: January 3rd, 2008, 10:34 pm
Location: In Despair

Unread post by Brizzle » March 29th, 2008, 4:47 pm

radical_number6 wrote:then lets say in the parallel universe, in one rin is sister with sakura, do you see them as sisters in another universe?
► Show Spoiler

Kanzar
Crack Addic!
Posts: 164
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 3:41 am

Unread post by Kanzar » March 29th, 2008, 10:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
All differences between the routes should be due to any decision you made.

Tsukihime spoilers:
► Show Spoiler

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 29th, 2008, 10:32 pm

Kanzar wrote:
Tsukihime spoilers:
► Show Spoiler
Maybe what awakens the Roa Dominance being constantly in touch with arcueid, but in the near routes she appears close to zero (though i dont remember)
so pherpaps that summed with the developing relationships inside the house could make SHIKI get stronger due to the link between them..
Or something like that.. :roll:
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

Brizzle
Crack Desu!
Posts: 319
Joined: January 3rd, 2008, 10:34 pm
Location: In Despair

Unread post by Brizzle » March 29th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Kanzar wrote:
► Show Spoiler
All differences between the routes should be due to any decision you made.
► Show Spoiler
GAR for Shiro

Kanzar
Crack Addic!
Posts: 164
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 3:41 am

Unread post by Kanzar » March 30th, 2008, 12:22 am

Brizzle wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Sakura and Rin as you know them would have to be like that. But a 'what if' world could have it where those two 'exist' - but not as you know them.
► Show Spoiler

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 30th, 2008, 2:27 am

Kanzar wrote:
Brizzle wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Sakura and Rin as you know them would have to be like that. But a 'what if' world could have it where those two 'exist' - but not as you know them.
► Show Spoiler
Lol, of course. The only Canon parallel universes are those that origin from a decision made in the game, be it one that leads to a dead end or one that continues the story. All the other infinite combination belong to the mighty fandom and it legion of fanfics xD
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 30th, 2008, 5:38 am

but then would the behind the scenes of one parallel universe showed up as true in another universe? like for example
► Show Spoiler

Kiraiya
Crack Desu!
Posts: 265
Joined: February 26th, 2008, 4:14 am
Location: Good Ole Deutschland

Unread post by Kiraiya » March 30th, 2008, 5:55 am

radical_number6 wrote:but then would the behind the scenes of one parallel universe showed up as true in another universe? like for example
► Show Spoiler
I think knowledge of someones existence and actual existence are 2 different concepts....imo
► Show Spoiler
"Onii-chan Ich Liebe Dich!!!!!!!!!!!!"-German lolies ; Accept no Substitutes...

radical_number6
Addict
Posts: 83
Joined: June 18th, 2007, 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Unread post by radical_number6 » March 30th, 2008, 5:59 am

Kiraiya wrote:
radical_number6 wrote:but then would the behind the scenes of one parallel universe showed up as true in another universe? like for example
► Show Spoiler
I think knowledge of someones existence and actual existence are 2 different concepts....imo
► Show Spoiler
but then it would be too cruel to save one person and not the other :( thats why i like the concept of stand-alone stories. so then every1 would be happy :)

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » March 30th, 2008, 6:17 am

radical_number6 wrote:
but then it would be too cruel to save one person and not the other :( thats why i like the concept of stand-alone stories. so then every1 would be happy :)
lol, that line was very shirou-ish
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

Kanzar
Crack Addic!
Posts: 164
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 3:41 am

Unread post by Kanzar » March 30th, 2008, 7:06 am

You did save her. In another universe. :P

Post Reply