How did you get here?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

How did you get here?

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 11:13 am

Well, the topic title says it all, how did you first encounter a Type-Moon production?
Or at least, how did you get here, at mirrormoon?

I got here, believe me or not, because I downloaded a sample file for Stepmania from F/SN's second opening.
It was such a catchy tune, that I eventually google'd Fate/Stay Night, and ended up here.
That would be about five months ago.
Things went fast, since I bought two titles, both Tsukihime and Melty Blood, in such a 'short' time.

So, what's your story?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » January 19th, 2008, 11:23 am

I came across the Fate/Stay Night anime and thought it was really good at the time, then I did a little wikipedia searching and found out there was a game, which eventually lead me here. I had heard buzz about the Tsukihime game on a couple forums I frequented and when I found out there was an english translation out I jumped on it because I really had heard nothing but good things about it.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 19th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Well, there's sorta the same thing going on in another thread under the "general chat" section: viewtopic.php?t=603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Why I and a few other people joined the forums are explained there. Pay it a visit, it's been lonely since it got a makeover =(
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » January 19th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Don't even remember anymore. I've been one of the first people registered on this forum and lurked before that. I think from some link when revolve was very early into translating MB.

MB was also the reason I learned about Type Moon. You don't need japanese language knowledge to enjoy a fighting game, but you sure do to enjoy a text based one, and MB was pretty awesome among other 2d doujin fighters. :o
Last edited by Ciel on January 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 1:47 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:Well, there's sorta the same thing going on in another thread under the "general chat" section: viewtopic.php?t=603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Why I and a few other people joined the forums are explained there. Pay it a visit, it's been lonely since it got a makeover =(

Done :)
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kria » January 19th, 2008, 4:22 pm

i saw a screenshot of either Fate or Tsukihime which said 'translated by mirror-moon' or something like that, so i just google'd it and found this place!

Funny thing is, i had had Tsukihime for maybe half a year with no go on installing it and then i stumble upon an english patch here when i wasn't evenlooking for it, and then i played the game i will never forget!
Kria
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Naota » January 19th, 2008, 9:39 pm

I believe I heard some obscure reference to Tsukihime on manga.clone-army.org, and remembered that Dan (the artist from that site) had strongly recommended it at some point. So, I checked it out on wikipedia, saw some more awesomeness about it on the Mirror-Moon website, then looked into getting myself a copy. Obviously, the inevitable next thing to do was to come back here and get the translation patch :P.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 20th, 2008, 12:37 am

The Fate/ Stay Night anime started it for me. I thought it was cool, then I found out that it was based on a visual novel. I played Tsukihime first though, then later played Fate/ Stay Night. Been hooked ever since.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby asceai » February 25th, 2008, 7:44 am

Saw 月姫 on erogamescape, listed as a doujin work (the top-rated one at the time). Hunted it out, saw there was a translation patch =p
asceai
Addict

Unread postby DarkRedSky » February 25th, 2008, 10:15 pm

played thru tsukihime. and that brought me here. still waiting for certain patches, :D dun worry take ur time.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » February 26th, 2008, 6:58 am

I got into the whole TYPE-MOON thing back when people on the net were talking about how awesome this "Tsukihime" game was going to be.
After I played it, I actually had to wait for the plus disc and stuff to come out :(
TakaJun

Unread postby Donvermicelli » February 26th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Maes wrote:I came across the Fate/Stay Night anime and thought it was really good at the time, then I did a little wikipedia searching and found out there was a game, which eventually lead me here.

That's basicly the same story as me.
Donvermicelli
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » February 27th, 2008, 1:42 am

I came across F/SN the warcraft mod -_-
When I downloaded the map, I thought the name was familiar so I wikied it, and so I fo........ and that's how I ended up in mirror moon.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby animefanzmg » March 12th, 2008, 3:15 am

i played melty blood looked up the characters on wikipedia became interested watched the anime. than after finding the anime not satisfing anything and myself wanting to know about the characters i then played the game. i woke up a few weeks later and now im just a hollow existance waiting for more type moon stuff to be translated.
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby blind51de » March 12th, 2008, 4:05 am

There was this anime show that for the life of me I can't recall, but it was almost like Tsukihime. But everything was super-serious and the plot was terribly structured, like a bad flu dream. But the opening music was absolutely amazing.

Seriously, it's so vague that I can't recall any of it. It probably didn't even exist.
blind51de
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 12th, 2008, 4:17 am

Just in case you didn't know, there's already a similar thread for this

viewtopic.php?t=603

I think it'd be better to post there instead.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Peorth » May 2nd, 2008, 4:07 pm

Agreed, locking this, post in the other thread :P
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.
Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat