What gives you the complete story? (possible spoil!)

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

What gives you the complete story? (possible spoil!)

Unread postby Superflonic » January 10th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Wow, I create a lot of topics (:

Well, anyway, I'd like to ask what could give me the complete Type-Moon storyline?
We have Rakkyo, Tsukihime, MB (with all titles), Fate (with all titles) and probably more that I'm not aware of.

Some characters from animes/mangas/VN's return in other T-M works. For how far is this true?

I'm asking you to spoil the least possible, though it's pretty inevitable because of what I want to ask you.
I hear a lot of names that are completely unfamiliar with me
EX: Type - *, Narayana(?) Shiki, Ryougi Shiki and others

In which story do these characters return?
I know I may be asking a lot of you, but that's pretty much what this forum is for, right? :3
I have read Tsukihime, and I'm busy with Melty Blood.

Any explanation appreciated.

Also, Kara no Kyoukai is an online translated novel, right?
Not 100%, because it's only translated for the parts that were online, but is the whole KnK novel translated to english?
And are the Tsukihime volumes translated?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Naota » January 11th, 2008, 6:19 am

Hmm, well if you read Tsukihime, you should have a perfect idea of who Nanaya Shiki is. Though he doesn't actually exist, Nanaya is similar to what Shiki might be if he permanently listened to his genetic urge to kill things that aren't human. All the dreams of going out and murder people are pretty much his perception of what he's afraid might happen to himself eventually, and it's that possible "future self" murderer that he sees as Nanaya.

Play Melty Blood's story mode, or Kagetsu Tohya if you want a concrete explaination of how Shiki ends up fighting this version of himself in the various canon.

As for Ryougi, she's the primary character in Kara no Kyoukai. She has no real connection to the things that happen in Tsukihime, Melty Blood, or Kagetsu Tohya, although there are a few references to KnK throughout Tsukihime that you might pick up if you knew about the novel.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 20th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Naota wrote:Stuff

Thanks for your reply.

Now, I forgot one aspect (at least one I can remember)
What is Fatal/Fake?

And what's up with all the /-es? (slashes, yes)
And and and... nevermind, I can't think of another question :)
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 20th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I have a question about Tsukihime too.

In which of the stories do you find out who the rest of the Dead Apostles are? The only ones that I know of are Roa and Chaos.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby WingZero » January 20th, 2008, 9:38 pm

@ AddleBoy: You don't.

Kagetsu Tohya's intro messages have tidbits about the other Dead Apostle Ancestors, Tsukihime mentions only Roa, Nero, and Enhance.

Also, Kara no Kyoukai is an online translated novel, right?
Not 100%, because it's only translated for the parts that were online, but is the whole KnK novel translated to english?

The full novel is being translated at baka-tsuki.

Also, in your initial list, you're missing DDD, a separate series of novels by Nasu (not sure if it's in the same universe, though.)
*edit* As well as Angel Notes, and Angel Voice.

And are the Tsukihime volumes translated?

I assume you mean the mangas? Yes, they are licensed.

Fatal/Fake is a 3D fighting game with Fate/Stay Night characters. There's also a Fatal/Fake 2 (not yet complete, just demo). These games have no plot.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Naota » January 20th, 2008, 9:40 pm

The closest thing I've seen to it was in Kagetsu Tohya
One of the movie previews for a "Tsukihime 2" Shiki has to sit through during his classes' event at the festival. Also, a few of the daily messages give their character profiles.
and a more or less complete list of Dead Apostle's names that you can see in Melty Blood's story mode when Sion's thinking about them.
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 25th, 2008, 6:19 am

*raises hand*

I have another question.

Who was the vampire who turned Yumizuka into a vampire? I can't seem to remember...
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kanzar » January 25th, 2008, 8:59 am

I'm fairly certain that was Roa/SHIKI.
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WingZero » January 25th, 2008, 11:09 pm

AddleBoy wrote:*raises hand*

I have another question.

Who was the vampire who turned Yumizuka into a vampire? I can't seem to remember...

To be most precise, it was SHIKI.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat