Everything in a row(?)

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Everything in a row(?)

Unread postby Superflonic » December 31st, 2007, 10:23 pm

So, yeah.
I'm pretty new here, no doubt about it.

But anyway, I don't seem to understand a lot.
Let me get it straight.

Kara no Kyoukai (sp?).
For what I know, this seems to be pre-Tsukihime?
And there seems to be made a movie about it.
And books. Link anyone?

Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
You got the game, and the series based on the game, right?
The game has multiple versions, just the bare game Tsukihime, the Tsukibako +Disc, and the -Disc.
What's the difference between the two (three actually).

Melty Blood.
So this is pretty much the sequel to Tsukihime.
Although it's a very different genre of game, it follows up the story of Tsukihime.
But what part, exactly?

I mean,
Yumizuka Satsuki gets turned into a vampire, resulting in Shiki killing her.
MB also says that Shiki had/has a relationship with Arcueid.

So what storyline does MB follow?
Or is it based on a book?
I really don't know.

Anyway, my Japanese knowledge is pretty much nothing.
I've been learning (at least trying to) the language for about a month or two right now, recieving the help of a friend.
So, uh, can you guys help me and show me around the TypeMoon world?

I no good at it ;__;
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » December 31st, 2007, 10:28 pm

Kara no Kyoukai is more like a test bed for Tsukihime's concept rather then a prequel.

Melty Blood is based on
Arcuied's happy ending in the game

Oh btw, since it's a given that this thread is purely spoiler, maybe you should tag the topic so we don't have to tag every single post.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Henduluin » December 31st, 2007, 10:43 pm

No it isn't.

Melty Blood is based on the non-existing Yumizuka ending (isn't it sad, sacchin?)

But yeah. Kara no Kyoukai is pretty much a Tsukihime try-out. Originally a (bunch of?) novel, just recently turned into a set of movies.

Then you get Tsukihime, the plus-disc (which is just one or two new short stories IIRC) and the "sequel" Kagetsu Tohya.
"Shingetsutan Tsukihime" is the name for the anime, which most fans of the VN prefer to forget about as it was rather mediocre.

Lastly, Melty Blood and the 20 gazillion upgrades, tweaks and re-releases.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » December 31st, 2007, 11:41 pm

Henduluin wrote:No it isn't.

Melty Blood is based on the non-existing Yumizuka ending (isn't it sad, sacchin?)

That's true. Kinoko said it in a interview... I know that is weird, but that's the way that Nasu is.

Rakkyo (Kara no Kyoukai) can be considered a "beta" of Tsukihime, but the real thing is that with the years, Rakkyo began to be considered more a like a totally different story. The only similar is the "Chokushi no Magan", the rest is totally different (themes, plot, developement, writing...)
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » December 31st, 2007, 11:50 pm

Kansho wrote:
Henduluin wrote:No it isn't.

That's true. Kinoko said it in a interview... I know that is weird, but that's the way that Nasu is.

Frankly that seems to be irrelevant to me though. What I believe is what I see, not what it's supposed to be. Isn't there supposed to be the samething in Kagetsu Tohya?

Yumizuka's side story was also cut from that game, so to me it's as good as non existence.

While Kagetsu Tohya can be considered a sequence, it doesn't seem exactly base on any specific ending. But I think the main story seems to continue Arcuied's arc.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » January 1st, 2008, 2:48 am

But Kinoko (AKA: Game Writer) say specifically that. And his words are full canon.
Sacchin route exists in some way, only that T-M didn't properly release it yet. Read Geccha 2, is obvious that Sacchin route is the last Near route.

Maybe some day... maybe not.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 1st, 2008, 7:12 am

Raven wrote:
Yumizuka's side story was also cut from that game, so to me it's as good as non existence.

While Kagetsu Tohya can be considered a sequence, it doesn't seem exactly base on any specific ending. But I think the main story seems to continue Arcuied's arc.

Ah, right.
But is Kagetsu Tohya translated?
And will MB be a bit more understandable with the 'sequel' Kagetsu Tohya?

-Edit
What I forgot to add,
I know some characters of Tsukihime return in Fate-Stay Night.
I managed to get my hands on the series, but I couldn't get a hold of an imported version of Hollow Ataraxia.

So, how does this happen?

Also, I'd like to turn the whole topic into a spoil topic- if I knew how.

-Edit

Last time :)
What's this Nasuverse?
If I'm correct, Nasu is the writer of Tsukihime?
Ans Nasuverse is his own personal 'language'?
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 1st, 2008, 7:58 am

You won't need to know anything from MB to know what's happening in KT, as KT is set BEFORE MB. You will need to have played Tsukihime to understand some scenes from KT though.

Nasu Kinoko is the creator of these games, and by Nasuverse, we mean the world that Kinoko Nasu created through his works, which include F/SN, Rakkyo, Tsukihime, etc, etc. There are some specific terms created by him during his works, but I don't think it would be enough to make a whole 'language' out of it :? .
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 1st, 2008, 8:33 am

-[J1N]- wrote:There are some specific terms created by him during his works, but I don't think it would be enough to make a whole 'language' out of it :? .

Yeah, I actually meant that.
I mean, I've been here for not very long, but I already spotted a couple of threads about Nasuverse being difficult to read and understand.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » January 1st, 2008, 11:02 am

It's not really the "Nasuverse" that's difficult to read, as it's a setting really. What's considered hard to read is Nasu's writing style because(as mentioned in other threads) he can be very, let's say 'creative' when it comes to the reading of kanji.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat