In need of Enlightenment [Spoilers]

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

In need of Enlightenment [Spoilers]

Unread postby Ryomasa » November 7th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Would some please explain to me how all these games tie in with each other?

I'm sure there's a reason an a way, but having never really played the GAMES (I watched the anime), the connection is lost to me.
Last edited by Ryomasa on November 8th, 2007, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://providence.invisionplus.net

Fate/World Providence
The next generation of the Grail Wars.
Ryomasa
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raitei » November 7th, 2007, 1:55 pm

hmm, I'm no expert at this , but I think i'll be able to give a brief explanation...
well, both f/sn and tsukihime are type moon games made by nasu kinoko...

tsukihime was the first work of nasu, released at 2000, as the first type moon visual novel, featuring shiki as the main character/hero and the other main heroines such as arc cs.(the anime was released in 2004, the same year as f/sn )

and as I said before, f/sn is the second masterpiece of nasu, released in 2004, featuring shirou as the main hero and several other girls, saber cs as the main heroines (well, it was really popular at that time, and to nobody's surprise, it secured the title of best selling visual novel of 2004)

nah, getting to the main topic now:
I think there're no real connection between f/sn and tsukihime's storyline, but if you look closely, nasu seemed to include some part of his characters and ideas in tsukihime to f/sn, and vice versa (yes, I think in the latter game such as melty blood, there're some parts of f/sn included)

for example, zelretch, the weapon and magical tool fashioner in tsukihime was given a brief story in f/sn..so as his creation such as the kaleidostick...

and if you ask me the difference between tsukihime and f/sn in how they brought the storyline is:
I think tsukihime has the more story branches than f/sn, and the story is more complicated too...I've watched the anime..

well, in short, tsukihime, compared to f/sn (in my opinion ) is supposed to be read by more mature readers, am I right?

there're so much more, I cannot explanain them all...maybe the others can help?

ps: ryomasa, please add the [spoiler] in the entire thread; I kinda see that there'll be more spoilers included here...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby idontknoW » November 7th, 2007, 2:12 pm

speaking of connections, one must see the nasuverse chart here. (heck, i dont have it right now. T_T) if that's what you mean.
expect spoilers though. this one is character-wise.

now in story-wise... -_- waaay different although each has similarities here and there among the three (Tsukihime, Fate/stay and Kara no Kyoukai)

hope that answers some of those questions. i'm not good at the whole Type-moon universe thing though (to be honest, I only played the games that are currently available with translations, namely Fate Saber route and the Tsukihime series (minus Melty Blood))
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 7th, 2007, 5:34 pm

The chart: http://miezaru.donmai.us/post/show/81568 (BIG spoilers in the Fate/stay night parts)

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » November 7th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Message wrote:The chart: http://miezaru.donmai.us/post/show/81568 (BIG spoilers in the Fate/stay night parts)

Ah that's very informative. Thanks.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby serialies » November 8th, 2007, 9:56 am

ooh...whoever made that chart deserves some internets...hope he updates it for fate/zero thou :o
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat