Tsukibako question and English versions on Linux

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukibako question and English versions on Linux

Unread postby Gepetto » October 12th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Hi, new here. Actually I've been lurking around this forum for quite a bit but only just registered.

Anyways, I was wondering if the versions of Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya on the Tsukibako pack are the same as the "standalone versions" and if I can use those CDs to install the English translations (I just may be able to buy Tsukibako off a friend of a friend who gave up on learning Japanese and for some reason hates all things translated).

Also, has anyone tried installing the translations in GNU/Linux via Wine or similar, and did it work?

Thanks in advance for any replies

--Gepetto
Gepetto
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukibako question and English versions on Linux

Unread postby Message » October 12th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Gepetto wrote:I was wondering if the versions of Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya on the Tsukibako pack are the same as the "standalone versions" and if I can use those CDs to install the English translations.

The Tsukihimes are not the same, as the Tsukibako version has different (better) music from/than the original release. Tsukihime English will however work just fine with either CD. As far as KT is concerned, I'm not sure if there are differences between the standalone and Tsukibako releases. But I would expect that beastlair's translation works with both.

Gepetto wrote:Also, has anyone tried installing the translations in GNU/Linux via Wine or similar, and did it work?

If you want to try installing in a simulator it might help to use the --nonfatal command line parameter. This will allow you to continue installing even if any windows-related errors occur, such as insufficient user priviledges or whatnot. I would however suggest getting an ONScripter build for Linux, and copying nscript.dat, default.ttf, arc.sar and arc.nsa from the Windows installation.

Re: Tsukibako question and English versions on Linux

Unread postby idontknoW » October 13th, 2007, 2:34 am

Message wrote:I would however suggest getting an ONScripter build for Linux, and copying nscript.dat, default.ttf, arc.sar and arc.nsa from the Windows installation.

True. and make sure you get the latest ONScripter build as well because the later builds have few / no problems, the earlier ones had problems with me (i.e. spacing, crashes)
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Gepetto » October 13th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Hey, thanks a lot! I've "ordered" the Tsukibako pack and I'll try it out as soon as it gets here.
Gepetto
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mrthefter » March 20th, 2008, 6:55 am

It won't run very well through wine, as it has to go through SDL (there are native versions for linux, as in the linux builds) and then get translated again into X11.
A manual build of ONScripter is preferred; unfortunately, I don't think any prepackaged builds have the neccessary patches. Unless..

What new versions of ONScripter are you talking about, idontknoW? I thought it was required to get insani's builds, and patch in stuff specific for tsukihime? Unless one wanted to do lots of manual patching...or does the latest versions already incorporate them?
mrthefter
Totally hardly posted

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat