Few Farland Symphony questions

Talk about Farland Symphony or related games here!

Moderator: Staffers

Few Farland Symphony questions

Unread postby Aveyn Knight » April 25th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Strangely enough (or not), this was the only place that I could find (in English) with any half-decent Farland Symphony discussion. I've been playing the Chinese version of the game recently and wondered if anybody could me.

I can play the game fine, but the Continue button doesn't work in the start menu. I heard this was a common problem, but I couldn't find a way to fix it. Well the only way I could fix it was to pilfer the EXE file from the Japanese update file, but that causes too many problems- it lets you Continue, but the text is garbled and the dialogue freezes.

Since the 2 EXE files seem so different (the updated Japanese file is about 4 times the size of the Chinese file...), I don't think I can find a way, myself, to fix this problem.

If there's no way to fix it, I guess I'll have to make do :/

My other question was, how is (or was) the progress of the Farland Symphony translation? I get the feeling it's not finished, but I wanted to make sure.

If it's possible I'd like to consider helping as a translator (maybe not now though since I have exams soon :P). I know quite a bit of Chinese (being Chinese myself), although I wouldn't call myself an expert. I'm currently at Story 14 or something and I'm pretty confident with the dialogue as of now (although some of Story 13 confused me, but I probably read too fast).

That is, of course, if you want/need a Chinese translator.
Aveyn Knight
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » May 1st, 2006, 10:41 am

My other question was, how is (or was) the progress of the Farland Symphony translation? I get the feeling it's not finished, but I wanted to make sure.

Translation has been finished for several months actually. We gave the script to TakaJun and he hammered out the rest of the translation in only a few days. The problem we have now is that Soulfang has disappeared and Revolve isn't sure what to do about inserting with Farland.

Thanks for the offer to translate from the Chinese version though. We had thought about having Azn do the same thing a year or so back, but there were technical issues with patching the Chinese version with the same patch as the Japanese version.

As for you issue playing the Chinese version, I?m not sure what to say? I'll catch Azn on AIM and see if he ever had an experience similar to that one.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Farland Symphony Chat