Sport Corner

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Your favorite Football club?? (Sorry if your favorite is not listed, just list the famous one)

Real Madrid C.F.
11%
FC Barcelona
11%
F.C. Internazionale Milano
11%
A.C. Milan
No votes
Manchester United F.C.
26%
Arsenal F.C.
11%
Liverpool F.C.
11%
Chelsea F.C.
16%
PSV Eindhoven
5%

Total votes : 19

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 1st, 2009, 2:03 pm

Wow.... I felt really sorry for federer after that presentation.... i can't believe it.. the great man cried... I guess i will if placed on his shoes...

Not only he missed on his record tying opportunity, this is the 3rd time in a row he has lost to the same man on Grand Slam Final.... I'd be feeling terrible if putted on his position....

C'mon Rodge, try winning Roland Garros this year... at least Wimbledon... I guess I'm going to support him for this time... I just think that he deserved 15 Grand Slam... sigh... Why does Roger and Rafa has to play in the same era?? But then again, I think we will never be treated to those feast of awesome matches had it been not for their rivalry...

Thanks Rafa, Thanks Roger... Hats off to the both of you...

Match Result:

7-5, 3-6, 7-6 (7-3), 3-6, 6-2
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 2nd, 2009, 3:50 am

Nadal/Federer was amazing.

The Superbowl was almost better, but that god damn blown call/lack of call killed all the fun. Hats off to ya Kurt, you played a hell of a game.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 2nd, 2009, 2:05 pm

Heh since I am too lazy to go on google and search for what the super bowl is mind enlightening me. I hear about it every year but still havent bothered searching for what it is. Is it baseball or gridiron or something else? If its baseball I doubt its very exciting unless you are american or japanese :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » February 2nd, 2009, 8:57 pm

Gridiron.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » February 3rd, 2009, 1:37 am

Wow! UFC94! Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva! That was weirdly awesome! Also, I'm happy St. Pierre kicked BJ Penn's ass! That made me lul
Too bad there won't be a Fedor vs Couture, that would have made history in the sport in its time...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 3rd, 2009, 2:47 am

Hmm.. just google gridiron... I don't really get it.. But Superbowl is basically American Football, right?? Starting to understand and enjoying watching American Football lately, but still not 'that' good for me... I don't really understand the reason why the sport is really loved there... lol, perhaps it's a similar thing when American are wondering why the rest of the world so in love with Football...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 3rd, 2009, 4:29 am

Heh gridiron is awesome not as awesome as rugby but awesome nonetheless. And heh I myself dont understand why a sport like soccer which is so boring to watch is loved by so many people :P

Sure its a pretty good sport while playing but watching it is like torture the game usually degenerates to one team just hogging the ball and kicking to each other for ages. I guess my point is that the excitement points ie goals or when a team is about to score one are few and far in between so meh.

*Raises flame shield and runs away from SOCCER fans* :P
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » February 18th, 2009, 6:25 pm

and well.....here comes the champions league (rd of 16)...in bold my choices (preferences) for winning

Atletico - Porto
Lyon - Barcelona
Arsenal - Roma (can't they both win? :( )
Inter - Man. United (can't they both lose? :x )
Real Madrid - Liverpool (can't they both lose? :x )
Chelsea - Juventus
Villarreal - Panathinaikos
Sporting - Bayern
Last edited by Catastrophe on February 18th, 2009, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mysteryman2000 » February 18th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Sorry to hurt feelings I hate football. Watching grown men play in mud with each other to me sounds a little gay.
Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Catastrophe » February 18th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Mysteryman2000 wrote:Sorry to hurt feelings I hate football. Watching grown men play in mud with each other to me sounds a little gay.

oh ok, nobody was asking you and nobody will care what you think /flame

also... avatars must not be bigger than 100x100
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mysteryman2000 » February 18th, 2009, 6:36 pm

From what I was reading the little marker said no more than 100 height, in which it was exactly 100. But I will read more into this matter. Plus, it does not just ask anyone specific; it was a general question, so I gave my general opinion.
Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 19th, 2009, 6:45 am

lol, mud? well... if you're saying you don't like football that reason, i'm guessing you also hate rugby, american football, and various team sports.... heck, even tennis played on clay, football is not, well... except for local match...lol

but hey, it's your opinion....

As for Inter against United... that's the match i dreaded the most... I want both to win... T,T

But well, i guess i support united for this match...^^

PS: Van Der Sar is 90 minutes away from breaking European record for Clean Sheet!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 19th, 2009, 11:43 am

Mysteryman2000 wrote:Sorry to hurt feelings I hate football. Watching grown men play in mud with each other to me sounds a little gay.

Oh man you did it sooo wrong. You are meant to say watching grown men playing with balls sounds a little gay :P

And if you wanna bag soccer give a proper reason. Because as was said earlier half the sports can fall under such a blanket statement >_>
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mysteryman2000 » February 19th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Pretty much. I am not much of a sports fan, but I don't think baseball is to bad. What I really find amusing is Arena Racing, people getting into these little cars that can go up to like 50 mph and race around this little track, just like Nascar but the wreck you actually see people flip over maybe two to three times.
Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 21st, 2009, 1:52 am

Mysteryman2000 wrote:Pretty much. I am not much of a sports fan, but I don't think baseball is to bad. What I really find amusing is Arena Racing, people getting into these little cars that can go up to like 50 mph and race around this little track, just like Nascar but the wreck you actually see people flip over maybe two to three times.

lol... that's not sport.. I personally call them American fetish for demolition and destruction... XD

And if you don't like sport at general, then say it from the start, don't made a blasphemy out of football, when you actually don't like sport at large....^^
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » February 21st, 2009, 4:32 am

What are you talking about? What could ever be manlier than sweaty men pating each other's ass, hugging each other and taking a hot steamy group shower?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mysteryman2000 » February 22nd, 2009, 4:53 am

lolipedofin wrote:
Mysteryman2000 wrote:Pretty much. I am not much of a sports fan, but I don't think baseball is to bad. What I really find amusing is Arena Racing, people getting into these little cars that can go up to like 50 mph and race around this little track, just like Nascar but the wreck you actually see people flip over maybe two to three times.

lol... that's not sport.. I personally call them American fetish for demolition and destruction... XD

And if you don't like sport at general, then say it from the start, don't made a blasphemy out of football, when you actually don't like sport at large....^^

From the last time I checked I think Nascar was on ESPN. And isn't that a sports network, besides it is not all sports I hate, there are some I can tolerate, such as Hockey, and even soccer. Besides isn't demolition and destruction what make America such a wonderful country. Just ask Tim Allen on home improvement, he should know all about that.
Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 23rd, 2009, 2:08 pm

Mysteryman2000 wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:

From the last time I checked I think Nascar was on ESPN. And isn't that a sports network, besides it is not all sports I hate, there are some I can tolerate, such as Hockey, and even soccer. Besides isn't demolition and destruction what make America such a wonderful country. Just ask Tim Allen on home improvement, he should know all about that.

lololol.. Sure, and chess is recognized by Olympic committee.. so i guess it's also a sport....^^

I have nothing against American taste for sport.... but just like you said... it's different preference..... Me for once, think that the fact that a play in American Football is stopped every few second... then waiting for the referee to decide whether 10 yards is reached or not is totally boring... The highlight where only tackles, successful passes, intercept and TDs are shown are quite interesting. Not as brutal as Aussie Footie, but i guess the hard hi-speed tackle suit American taste....

NASCAR too... i guess for the same reason stated above... They just want to see hi-speed and hi-powered car... Me? I prefer to see technique showcasing like in F1 or Rally races...

And yes, i totally agree about the wonderfulness about America.... lolol, Bush sure made an effort on exhibiting it to the world... lololol.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » February 23rd, 2009, 3:02 pm

NASCAR: n. 42 cars that go at the same fucking speed, with the steering wheel at the same fucking angle during 4< fucking hours
DERIVATES: boredom
ORIGIN: Old English crap

lolipedofin wrote:Me? I prefer to see technique showcasing like in F1 or Rally races...

add the IRL (Indy Racing League, not "In Real Life" :lol: ) to the mix 8)

[edit] also, ESPN broadcasts poker as well :roll: [/edit]
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 23rd, 2009, 5:53 pm

The NHL is going to be freaking great next year for me. While I don't see my team, the St. Louis Blues for those wondering, getting to the playoffs this year, next year we're a shoe in. Young team of talented players, we can't be stopped once we get into the groove. We could also use a better goalie, but Manny will do for now.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat