Sport Corner

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Your favorite Football club?? (Sorry if your favorite is not listed, just list the famous one)

Real Madrid C.F.
11%
FC Barcelona
11%
F.C. Internazionale Milano
11%
A.C. Milan
No votes
Manchester United F.C.
26%
Arsenal F.C.
11%
Liverpool F.C.
11%
Chelsea F.C.
16%
PSV Eindhoven
5%

Total votes : 19

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 14th, 2008, 10:08 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Phelps dominate swimming right now.. I admit.. He does.. But given that he has no other competition in his way towards gold.. its like watching Tiger Woods play.. -___-

sorry but....

golf its not the sport where only talent can make you to the top, there are LOTS of other factors that come into play. so dont say that watching the good tiger doesnt have any competition, look for example at this year's (british) Open championship, as like some underdogs like Villegas and this korean guy whose name im forgetting, were 2nd and 1st respectively at the end of day 2 over guys like Phil Mickelson (world's #2).

sorry, just had to point that out.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » August 14th, 2008, 11:38 pm

Tiger does have a competition, but surely you can't deny his dominance and prominence in the golf world... His presence in Golf could be compared to that of Michael Jordan in NBA, if not better... he brought new audience to the game, people that don't give a damn about golf before. even R-Fed at his best fell short when compared to Woods (blame Nadal and Clay for that), such is his dominance in Golf....

Back 2 the Olympics... I'm pissed! There's only one TV channel in Indonesia that broadcast the games... and it's the crappiest one Indonesia...!! It's just sort of kill my appetite to watch.... I mostly only read the summaries using newspaper...

Right now I'm just crossing my finger and hope that Badminton would deliver at least one gold to my country... 2 if possible, but seeing how good Chinese players are, not to mention they're playing on their own backyard, I could only pray... T,T. Btw, what's wrong with R-Fed??!! He lost again yesterday! Is his time really over?! Poor him, to lost his form at the same year of the Olympics... well... Vamos Rafa!!! XD
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 15th, 2008, 2:46 am

Catastrophe wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Phelps dominate swimming right now.. I admit.. He does.. But given that he has no other competition in his way towards gold.. its like watching Tiger Woods play.. -___-

sorry but....

Hmm.. I kinda smell an American defending his athelete...
Okok.. I shall stop the Phelps VS Thorpe talk.. for now i guess. XDDD

~~~

R.Feddy seems to hit downhill ever since he lost to Nadal
Even though i've got a premonition that Nadal WOULD win that day...

But this is still TOO MUCH...

Its like ever since that match his confidence was severely shattered!
I think the pressure's getting to him... I mean.. He blamed 'fans' in the Atheletes Village approaching him for autographs, making him 'unable to train'...

That's just BS man... Crap... He needs more confidence in himself than to blame ANYONE...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » August 15th, 2008, 4:21 am

As an aside I hate swimming and how it has the most number of medals allocated to it which I believe the sport does not deserve ... atleast it ain't as much of a bullshit sport as equestrian ... Its kinda crap how most of the sports require the players to be rich it basically cuts out the smaller countries from ever winning anything by skill. Take that new suit in swimming. It costs 500 AUD (1 AUD = 0.95 USD) for 10 swims so its 50 AUD for 1 friggin swim. How the hell are normal people supposed to be able to afford that?
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Wow.... Russia didn't figure in any medal in artistic gymnastics at all. I think they just did history with that. All previous occasions they had won medals. I read somewhere that figure skating is having the same luck as gymnastics. I hope they can manage to win something with rhythmic gymnastics...

Well, I'm out to enjoy the divers. I really, really hope it is aired completely here.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 15th, 2008, 2:55 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Hmm.. I kinda smell an American defending his athelete...
Okok.. I shall stop the Phelps VS Thorpe talk.. for now i guess. XDDD

no, its just that the dominance in golf (yeah, he IS the best player in history) is no close to that showed in swimming this time.
on-topic: man, this sucks, the 2 best colombian athletes (weight lifting) were injured and couldnt make a decent presentation (that silver was a surprise medal for us) <.< oh well, lets see what happens in 21 Km Walk.

oh and GO CUBA!!! (baseball)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 15th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Catastrophe wrote:on-topic: man, this sucks, the 2 best colombian athletes (weight lifting) were injured and couldnt make a decent presentation (that silver was a surprise medal for us) <.< oh well, lets see what happens in 21 Km Walk.

Yeah, that's bad. As far as I know, injuries in that sport tend to be kinda dangerous. But at least their injuries weren't as bad as the male weight lifter that bent his elbow in the wrong direction! DAMN! that was nasty!

Catastrophe wrote:oh and GO CUBA!!! (baseball)

Hell YEEEAAAH!

I'm a bit outdated in the news, has the room volleyball (I dunno if that's how it's called, it's the not-beach volleyball) competition already ended?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 16th, 2008, 2:40 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS TEH BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!9.68!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edit: Oh, and we got a Bronze :mrgreen:
Last edited by Catastrophe on August 16th, 2008, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 16th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Catastrophe wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS TEH BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!9.68!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy shitz RIGHT...

My god...

9.68sec 100meter sprint.. a new world record... The FIRST ever 100meter GOLD for Jamaica for both MALE AND FEMALE...

and from the looks of the way he finished... He could get a faster time had he not slowed to raise his arm and thump his chest for the camera BEFORE the finish line!!!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 31st, 2008, 10:29 pm

Now that the Olympics ended... Who else is watching the US Tennis Open?
Tsonga vs Robredo is on right now! It looks quite tough for both of them.
Edit:
Hmm... they changed it to the Schnyder vs Srebotnik match... Apparently something happened to Tsonga's arm, an injury of sorts I guess. Does someone have any info on it?
Edit2: Oh oh! Tsonga vs Robredo is on again!
Tsonga is losing now...
abscess

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 6th, 2008, 2:58 pm

semifinals already and noone posted a thing :?
coming up next: R.Federer vs. N.Djokovic :shock:

Edit: also, FIFA qualifier round today :D lets see if we can pwn Urugay back like 4 yrs ago 8)
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 22nd, 2008, 11:13 am

Woohoo NZ win the Rugby League World Cup ^_^
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » November 23rd, 2008, 12:57 am

This one's a bit old, but Randy "the Natural" Couture lost his title match against ex-WWE champ the "Vanilla Gorilla" in UFC 91(?). What did you expect? Couture is 40-something years old and the other guy is as huge as a freak show!
abscess

Unread postby abscess » December 7th, 2008, 4:16 am

Oscar de la Hoya vs Manny Pacquiao (dunno if I wrote the lastname correctly)
Round 1
It's just starting. Firs round and everything looks good. Pacquiao moving everywhere and de la Hoya trying to land some hits. dela Hoya is really below his weight, even Pacquiao, who is smaller, is weighing more in this fight! Bit ibky that, he is much younger and faster. To me seems de la Hoya is really going to lose, despite being having of a heavy left right.
What's your bet, guys?
Round 2
Pacquiao hits de la Hoya's forearms and still moving fast. dOscar recieves some hits to de the head and hits Paciao's body a little. Pacqiao answers back. They try to jab their way into each others guard it seems (at least to me)...
In the last minutes de la Hoya recieves some hits to the head and not many hits landed.
Round 3
de la Hoya tries to hit and Pacquiao answers back. Pacuiao still moves around the ring while de la hoyaq stays in the center following him. This time de la Hoya is waiting for an attack and wants to counterattack. Pacquiao moves arouind trying to hit him and de la Hoya is now the one to answer, still attacking from time to time with some jabs. Pacqiao seems to be quite good at getting at de la Hoya's defense and lands some hits to de la Hoyas head and body while evading most of de la Hoya's hits with waist movement. Pacquiao seems to have quite a good left hand!
Round 4
de la Hoya hits with a right and tries to hit with the left, but Pacquiao moves fast. Paquiao still moves around. Very little mock punches are thrown this round and some jabs are hitting both boxers. A great left from Pacquiao to de la Hoyas head. dela Hoya jabs Pacquiao's head. De la Hoya, having the size (taller and legthy arms arms) doesn't seem to be capable of defending good enough...
Round 5
D ela Hoya doesn't seem to take much risks, trying to use combos instad of working Pacuiao's body. Mock punches from de la Hoya, nothing impressiive. Cobmo from Pacuiaos to de la Hoya's ehad. Another combo from hjim. He just seems to start with the left and jsut goes on with short combos! De la Hoya practically doesn't try to use his jab to do much hitting here... His face is quite bad... Now de la Hoya hits Pacquiao's head quite hard. De la Hoya tries to combo and doesn't do much, Pacquiao answeres with another one and the round ends.
Round 6
More mock punches. A hit to de la Hoya's body. More mock punches. De la Hoya doesn't pressure much and Pacquiao tries to attack fast. More comboes to de la Hya's body. More left hits from Pacquiao to de la Hoya's head. De la hoya doesn't even move the waist! only small steps to the back... odd. More mock punches from both boxers. Some hits connect from de la Hoya, but nothing impressive, really... De la Hoya seems to be fighting just.... bad, probably his age?
Round 7
Oscar tries to combos with both hands but Pacquiaomoves around some more (still quite a speedy guy!). More mock punches.... De la Hoya seems to defend a bit better here, but he is NOT attacking. More combos from Pacquiao and de la Hoya tries to bend now trying to evade some of the hits. His eye is just a big red mass now. More combos from Pacquiao and de la Hoya doesn't hit him. Pacquiao is now in the center from most of the time and de la Hoya stays in the ropes. The rounf ends with a warning, if de la Hoya doesn't try to answer back or do something, the fight will end.
Round 8
De la Hoya now tries to enter with some left jabs. He is repelled back to the ropes and stays there. Pressures a bit and they are now in the middle. De la Hoya tries to hit him but Pacquiao moves back and answeres with some combos (which don't connect all of them). Pacquiao pressures and de la Hoya is now back to the ropes recieving combos from Pacquiao. They move to the center of the ring and Pacquiao starts pressuring again and pushes hium back to the ropes and comboes. De la Hoya tries to work Pacquiao's body. Pacquiao combos GREATLY as an answer, hitting de la Hoya in the body and the head.

The fight is finished. de la Hoya looks sorta depressed and Pacquiao celebrates. It was surprising to see de la Hoya lose like this...Pacquiao lead, to me, the fight from begginning to end. It was a good fight for the filipino, having won with very little wounds.

According to the ending results, this is what the statistics card shows:
Punches:
Oscar de la Hoya
Landed: 83
Thrown: 402

Manny Pacquiao
Landed: 224
Thrown: 585

Power Punches:
Oscar de la Hoya

Ending Result: Pacquiao WINS
Landed: 51
Thrown: 164

Manny Pacquiao
Landed: 195
Thrown: 333

P.S: Sorry for all the typos. I was writing this while watching the TV and didn't really see much of the keyboard while doing so.
abscess

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » January 30th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Anyone watch the Nadal Vs Verdasco epic? Oh man that was awesome. I would have seen the match but the trains werent running and it was friggin hot :P

Also australia aint number 1 in cricket anymore ^_^
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » January 31st, 2009, 6:12 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:Anyone watch the Nadal Vs Verdasco epic? Oh man that was awesome. I would have seen the match but the trains werent running and it was friggin hot :P

Also australia aint number 1 in cricket anymore ^_^

Failed to watch it T_T
Hope I get the chance (and remember) to watch NadalvsFederer and SafinavsWilliams. I hope Federer and Safina win, but somehow I think Safina won't make it...
abscess

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 31st, 2009, 11:00 am

Yep... the match was awesome..... One of the best match I've seen... still can't top wimbledon final tho.... This semifinal was played by 2 very similar spanish left-hander, both employ heavy top-spin, both are clay-courter baseliner (although some claims that verdasco is better at hard court) While Wimbledon was played between 2 contrasting player, both on games and personality... And also, The number of Verdasco's error was just too much, although the reason of his high number of error is because he is trying to rake up winners, which he succeed, 95 winners, can't you believe it??

Well, for now i'm in anticipation for sunday... hope Nadal win... XD

btw, poor Safina... she got battered... 6-0, 6-3.

Man.. I just can't stand those sisters....

PS: Australia is no longer Cricket number 1? O.o
Really?? I thought they're supposed to be more than Brazil on football, or Tiger Woods on Golf... Who is number 1 now?? India??
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » January 31st, 2009, 2:15 pm

Haha I am gonna go for Federer tomorrow I like Nadal and all but I wanna see Fed get the records and then Nadal can beat him all the time :P

And yeah you are right that Wimbledon final was an even more epic match. I was kinda hoping for Verdasco to win though just so we have a little change from same old Federer Vs Nadal but then again most Fed Vs Nadal matches are awesome. Hmm should I go see the match live or not thats the question >_<

In cricket South Africa is No 1 now. Well it will probably only be for 2 days since tomorrow is Australia Vs New Zealand and if Aus wins they are back at the top. But South Africa and India are catching up to Aus very very quickly.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 1st, 2009, 9:31 am

@drizzt_rocks: you're at aussie?? Please get me a Nadal autograph... T.T

I'm still all for Nadal... I want Nadal to clean sweep all Slam this year... So he can set a record for himself first... then 2010, I want Fed to win Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and for Nadal to win the Hardcourt Slam... And the Slam finals for 2009 and 2010 to be played by Rafa and Rodge... Can you believe just how exciting if that happens??!! \^o^/

Match Update:

1st Set: 7-5 Nadal (Nadal broke thrice on 1st, 7th and 11th game; Federer broke twice on 2nd and 6th)
Last edited by lolipedofin on February 1st, 2009, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 1st, 2009, 1:37 pm

Haha yeah I live in Melbourne. And Nadal has done it. Heh I kinda like Federer Vs Nadal matches since you aren't really going for any 1 person, sure you may have a preference to who wins but its not like you want the other to lose badly (well, usually :P). Was expecting a better 5th set though was almost anticlimatic.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat