Sport Corner

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Your favorite Football club?? (Sorry if your favorite is not listed, just list the famous one)

Real Madrid C.F.
11%
FC Barcelona
11%
F.C. Internazionale Milano
11%
A.C. Milan
No votes
Manchester United F.C.
26%
Arsenal F.C.
11%
Liverpool F.C.
11%
Chelsea F.C.
16%
PSV Eindhoven
5%

Total votes : 19

Sport Corner

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 1:17 am

By football, i'm not talking about the NFL people, it's soccer in USA, the sport that actually use foot to play.... (not, trying to be sarcastic here... still don't understand why is it called football?? i know the rules and know that it's quite fun.. just don't understand why a game that primarily use hand called football)

Ok, so back to topic, anyone likes football?? talk about the games here, talk about your fave team here, and please no flaming between rival teams...
Last edited by lolipedofin on October 22nd, 2007, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » October 3rd, 2007, 4:38 am

I get bored watching any sport except for MMA, boxing, and a few of the winter Olympic sports.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » October 3rd, 2007, 6:14 am

i'm no fan of football (soccer) since I don't know much 'bout it...
but I like american football and rugby; often watch 'em at star sports :D
but the sport I like most is tennis :D... I watch every match, and learn to play it too...(i think i'm pretty good, wanna score a match with me? :wink: )
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 7:21 am

Damn, i totally f***ed up on the poll list... How could i forgot to include Juve and Roma in it!!??

I made up this thread so those who likes sport, particularly football, to have place to discuss 'em. And primarily, i think it's quite unhealthy for any otaku to be only and completely an otaku... We gotta know some of the other good in the world, no?

So... so far nobody really likes football huh?? Just watch the Champions League match last night... still pissed about my bet on fenerbahce... My fave club is ManUtd and Inter... but since i couldn't vote both, i just votted on MU.... they are the club with the best chance to fire on all front this season, if you ask me... i do believe they have a great shot at Champions League, just please start scoring!! :cry:

Glory Glory Man United!!!!

Ps: Who voted for Galacticos?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby movingfinger » October 3rd, 2007, 7:21 am

Oh, I'm crazy about soccer! I play soccer once a week and usually watch famous club's games, for example, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsnal, Manchester United, ect. I like lots of teams, so it's hard for me to choose only one favorite team :cry: Anyway, I saw one chose Manchester United, I'm curious who is your favorite player. My favorite players are Wayne Roony, Edwin Van der Sar, Ji-Sung Park (but he still injured...), Christiano Ronaldo, Rio Ferdinand :) .
俺の歌を聞け! by Nekki Basara
movingfinger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby movingfinger » October 3rd, 2007, 7:33 am

I voted Real Madrid. As I replied, It's hard for me to vote only one team, but I cannot forget the galacticos who were retired or transferred to other clubs, i.e. Ronaldo, Zidan, Figo, Carlos, Beckam...
俺の歌を聞け! by Nekki Basara
movingfinger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 3rd, 2007, 8:23 am

I'm also not much for soccer. Australia is pretty crap at it, but I will watch them when they play, but Australia only =P. American teams i have absolutely no clue about, but I have heard of 4 of them, and have no idea which is good. so I don't think I'll add to the poll :lol:
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 9:02 am

Ano ne... those in the poll are European powerhouse, not MLS clubs...

And you should be grateful enough with the strength of the socceroos.. You managed to get into the final rounds of 2006 FIFA World Cup, And you got Guus Hiddink for that particular competition.... You got players in the major Europe club.... We here in Indonesia, was in euphoria during the last AFC because we managed to beat Bahrain... how pathetic was that?? i watched all the 3 group matches in the stadium and could only bite my nails watching my team demolished by the arabian and korean... :cry:

@movingfinger: you a fan of madrid?? sorry, but i just hate 'em... the way they treated Owen and Beckham, the way they snobbishly claiming being the biggest club in the world when attempting to snatch cristiano ronaldo.... Hell, they won't even won la liga if it's not because of the Manutd duo in their club, Van Nistelrooij and beckham.

My favorite player of manutd: gotta be Beckham, i hated madrid for snatching my fave player from my fave club... right now my fave player is rooney, ronaldo(i simply love him dribbling) and hargreaves.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 3rd, 2007, 9:39 am

Ahh, gomen, like I said, no idea XD
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby miszou » October 3rd, 2007, 10:09 am

I've played myself for 9 years, but haven't watched much games on tv the last years. Usually International or European games. well i haven't really got a favorite club anymore I guess :3 When I was young I rooted for Ajax(Dutch club), they won the world cup back then xD Right now I would prefer PSV I think.

I think English competition matches are the most interesting to see ^^
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » October 3rd, 2007, 10:49 am

according to what i've seen and heard, I came to the conclusion that mu's the strongest fc in england...
so I guess i'll stick with it...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 11:24 am

Hmm... couldn't edit the poll.... if i could i want to add Juve, roma, ajax, and lyon.

Btw, Ajax won the world cup?? world cup is for national team, and Holland has never won them (they came close though, during Johan Cruijff era)

Are you refering to the UEFA Champions League??? but the last time they won it was in the 1995, that's like 12 years ago?? you watched football from then??!!! how old are you? :shock:

@Raitei: Nope, not in england, but in the world!! :lol:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » October 3rd, 2007, 12:27 pm

yeah, cannot agree more :lol:...
even though chelsea has the biggest pocket size(y'know what I mean; look at the budget they have!), mu's still more IMBA in championship manager&football manager :lol:

in my fm& cm games, chelsea has degradated into the 20th :lol: :lol:...an impossible thing to happen in the real world :lol:...
@lolipedofin: do you play fm? if so, then try PSE makassar, I have made it the 1st in the world :lol:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby flurk » October 3rd, 2007, 1:46 pm

er. i was lazy to read all these posts, anyway

RIP CHELSEA. they're nothing without mourinho. he's the man.
flurk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 3:57 pm

i'm an avid fan of FM.... the only other pc game that manages to stop me from playing it so far are only Winning Eleven and Fate/Stay Night...

If you wanna include all games, then i gotta say all Console's RPG.. :P

Aggh... can't wait til november, FM 2008 will soon be released...

About Chelsea, those scousers can go to League one for all i care.... Those whiny underachiever are only manage this far due to their owner wallet and the manager's boring defensive and organized tactic. People said that Manutd was also the same as chelsea, splashin cash in the transfer market... But we manage to do that because of our success on the field.. the merchandising income through our fame, and the sold out gate receipts from the loyal fans... not because of random hobby of some oil tycoon...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby miszou » October 3rd, 2007, 4:09 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
Btw, Ajax won the world cup?? world cup is for national team, and Holland has never won them (they came close though, during Johan Cruijff era)

Are you refering to the UEFA Champions League??? but the last time they won it was in the 1995, that's like 12 years ago?? you watched football from then??!!! how old are you? :shock:

I'm sorry, it's called world cup in Dutch xD but in English it is called international cup (actually the cup was called world Club Championship back then!! ;) ). The winners of the champions league used to play it against the winners South American Copa Libertadores. Ajax won the cup twice actually, but I didn't even lived the first time :P I was in high school during the second time in 1995. I remember it was so exiting, we had classes, and they had to shoot penalties in the end so we were only paying attention to the game.

The cup stopped existing in 2005 btw, so it doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by the fifa club world cup.

I am 24 for by the way, is that really a big shock? 1995 is not that long ago and I played soccer when I was young, so :P
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 3rd, 2007, 6:33 pm

not that it's shocking after i re-think it carefully, maybe i'm the one at fault for using my age as the standard.... i'm 20 by the way, first time watch football was 1998 World Cup. First time having favorite club was after watching Ronaldo play at Inter and the Champions League Final 1999 when Manutd came back from 1 goal down to score twice in the frame of 3 minutes during injury time.

I was quite surprised honestly, to see quite a lot people response to the thread... i thought most user in this forum are from U.S.A who only knew Beckham. i'm not saying it sarcastically tho, he is influental and charismatic... no wonder people love 'em, even i am one of 'em. Those crosses and free-kicks are simply magic.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby miszou » October 6th, 2007, 1:18 am

soccer doesn't in the USA doesn't quite live like in europe. Holland is a real soccer country for example, it's the number one sport. Most boys have at least played some soccer and a lot have at least joined a club once.

I've watched soccer since I was pretty young, at least international games. I stopped playing it my self when I went to university and had to leave my club. Now i don't really watch often, except now and then, mostly internationals or european cups.

I remember world cup 1998, kept replaying it with FIFA 98 road to the world cup back then xD
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 6th, 2007, 3:13 am

Hahaha... yeah i remember playing that too. Only in that game, i can bring indonesia to the final rounds of FIFA world cup.

Football is also the number 1 favorite sport here in indonesia, but the hype still cannot compare to holland, england or brazil. It's too bad we sucked at it... There's no good football school that can nurture young talent... or at least high school competition and clubs that has good system. It's not our genetic you know... i know some good holland footballer that has indonesian blood running through their vein (although not 100% indonesian). I has the list, but the one i can come up right now is only "Giovanni Van Bronckhorst".
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » October 6th, 2007, 8:07 am

lolipedofin wrote:Football is also the number 1 favorite sport here in indonesia, but the hype still cannot compare to holland, england or brazil. It's too bad we sucked at it... There's no good football school that can nurture young talent... or at least high school competition and clubs that has good system. It's not our genetic you know... i know some good holland footballer that has indonesian blood running through their vein (although not 100% indonesian). I has the list, but the one i can come up right now is only "Giovanni Van Bronckhorst".

we don't. remember that our junior(children) football team ranked the 3rd in the world?
at least, we can be proud of 'em... :wink:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Next

Return to General Chat