Sport Corner

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Your favorite Football club?? (Sorry if your favorite is not listed, just list the famous one)

Real Madrid C.F.
11%
FC Barcelona
11%
F.C. Internazionale Milano
11%
A.C. Milan
No votes
Manchester United F.C.
26%
Arsenal F.C.
11%
Liverpool F.C.
11%
Chelsea F.C.
16%
PSV Eindhoven
5%

Total votes: 19

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 6th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Woohooo!!! 4-0 Man United Victory against Wigan... Finally! The goal that i wanna see....

This is the biggest win of the season, YET... hope we keep the clean sheet and keep this winning streak on the run... C,mon! Match Inter 14 Winning Streak record!! Glory, Glory, Man United!!

@Raitei: Yeah, heard about that, but wasn't that just on a single tournament?? hope they keep it up though... And hope they nurture those talents well..
Uchi kaeru....

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 22nd, 2007, 8:39 am

Change the subject because it seems not too many people here have the passion for the game... :cry: So, talk about any sport now, ok?

This has been a fantastic weekend... what more can i ask??? ManUtd smash villa 4-1 as the run goes on... And Kimi raikkonen win the F1 Championship....!! The only way things can get any better is if Alonso crashed and die, and if arsenal, city, and liverpool drop points.... :D :D
Uchi kaeru....

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 24th, 2008, 10:18 am

Man... nobody have passion for sport here... c'mon leave your pc for a while!!

I'm watching Australian open right now.... Can't bear to watch it any longer...

Nadal is getting a thorough beating by Jo Wilfried Tsonga.....!! He's down 2 straigth sets...!!!!

Aggghhh!! C'mon Nadal!! Make a comeback....
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » January 24th, 2008, 10:38 am

yo, we're watching the same programme, lol. it's 3-2 in the 3rd set for tsonga now... nadal's under pressure...!

is there a come-back win for nadal!? :lol:

edit : no, I don't think so. it's 5-2 now. poor nadal.. :(

edit 2 : 6-2 now. tsonga won.so much for nadal :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 24th, 2008, 3:05 pm

I was flabbergasted!!!!

Dammit, and i was praying for Nadal to finally win grandslam other than roland gaross...

Beat that Tsonga kid for good at his own home ground next time Nadal !!!!

I hope he could play with Djokovic at the final, getting bored of Federer. The only Federer's match i wanna see is if he's up against Nadal.
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » January 25th, 2008, 12:47 pm

NO!!!! federer was defeated!! oh, man... this just sucks!

djokovic vs tsonga in the finals... I wonder who's gonna win...

anyone gonna bet with me? ;)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 25th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Lol, now this is cool.. at least Nadal is not embarassed all by himself...

I didn't watch Federer's game... what's the score? Straight set humiliation again??

I'm gonna put my money on Tsonga, at least i don't wanna see someone who beat federer beaten by someone else.
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » January 25th, 2008, 6:30 pm

a straight loss, but not so much humiliation. at least, he managed to put up some resistance : 5-7, 3-6, 6-7

20 cookies for djokovic winning the game. :lol:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 26th, 2008, 2:00 am

straight set loss??? Does this marked the end of Federer-Nadal's era.
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » January 27th, 2008, 12:20 pm

YESS!!djokovic won the finals!!

I am sure the one who beat federer is unbeatable! :D

I won the bet! pass me 20 cookies :lol:
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 27th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Just Watched Djokovic vs Tsonga match now... it's all over!! 3-1 victory for Djokovic and the world have a new Grand Slam winners. It was a great tight match and Djokovic got to win the 4th set tie-breaker to win it... Has it gone to Tsonga, i'm sure Tsonga gonna win it because it's clear as a day that Djokovic was already exhausted.

I was hoping Tsonga to win this for 3 reasons:

1. I don't want Nadal lose to someone who failed to win the cup.
2. I like to see another tale of an unseeded player winning the cup. Gonna be like the movie Wimbledon (although this one is still 22 years old, and ranked 32 not 112)
3. I prefer his play-style to Djokovic.

The Djokovic after-match speech was funny... he said, "Thanks to Jo(-WilfredTsonga), he is an unbelievable player and it's a great achievement to reach here, you should be proud f yourself. And i know that the crowd wanted him to win more... It's okay, i still love you guys..." Talk about being slick.. 8)

After this, gonna go downtown to watch FA Cup 4th round between ManUtd and Tottenham Hotspurs. Go United!!

:twisted: :twisted: We're the RED DEVILS :twisted: :twisted:
Uchi kaeru....

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 6th, 2008, 8:46 am

Forever in our heart, The Busby babes and their tale of glory.

May the world know that once, a squad of talent was cut down on their prime. They die in a campaign to conquer Europe, for the pride of their nation.

Duncan Edwards
Roger Byrne
Geoff Bent
Mark Jones
Eddie Colman
David Pegg
Tommy Taylor
Billy Whelan
Jack Blanchflower*

Tom Curry
Walter Crickmer
Bert Whalley

Never Forget February 6th 1958, The Munich Air Tragedy. Today Manchester mourn, today England mourn....

Rest in Peace, Flower of Manchester... The spirit of Busby Babes will live forever in the heart of Manchunian.

* Survived, but unable to play anymore due to the severe injury
Uchi kaeru....

Dtrini
Addict

Unread post by Dtrini » February 6th, 2008, 10:24 pm

stopped watching football when i left my country. only watched the world cup recently/. and thats about it. the only thing i might care about .cricket?

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » April 29th, 2008, 9:09 am

The Monte Carlo Final was awesome !! Watched the late broadcast last night, and it was an exciting match, great play by Nadal. He is still the undisputed king of Clay Court. He was losing 4-0 in the second set, but managed to take back 2 breaks Federer managed to took from him, and then break Federer for the 3rd time in the second set at the 12th game to overturn the set into 7-5 victory. Straight set win 7-5 ; 7-5 . Great game by Nadal, Credit to Federer for producing a great match-up.

Tonight is the Big Semi-Final 2nd Leg... Manchester United vs FC Barcelona. Woohoo.... Beat 'em United.

Follow Follow Follow
Coz' Man United are going to Moscow

There will be thousand of Reds
And They'll be pissing their heads

Coz' Man United are going to Moscow !!
Uchi kaeru....

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » April 29th, 2008, 12:58 pm

And nobody told me of this topic thread... WHY??

Just a quick note...
Chelsea are NOT scousers.. They are born from the deepest of ocean depths.. Where Drogba is the king of deep box diving, given power by the god Neptune, to have the ability to do consecutive dives on a football pitch.

Im secretly hoping for a RED Moscow final... Imagine the tension! The PASSION! The downright suspence blood spilled on the floor...

Mind you.. NOT a United red.. but the MIGHTY Reds.. the original reds... Before those devilish copycats changed their name somewhere in the 1900s in an attemp to bask in our glory... XDDD

PS.. United get their $$$ MOSTLY on merchendising.. They are known INTERNATIONALLY.. Have some official Websites in HK and Korea.. $$$$$$ comes from their fame more from their fans... The gates can only give so much..

And over here.. I've never seen a Utd fan wear their jerseys PROUDLY after a loss... While i've almost ALWAYS see Liverpudlians wear their colours, even after the thrashing 3-0 loss against Utd... Heads high. Amongst the constant jeers and currs.... (I am one of the few that wears a LFC jersey EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO OUT.. so i am one of those fans)

Now tell me.. Is there any more loyal fans out there than that?

*Ehem...*

Just for the sake of throwing pie on loli's face...
► Show Spoiler
Is that considered flaming? Or just rubbing salt in one's wound?? XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 29th, 2008, 1:30 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:1)And nobody told me of this topic thread... WHY??

Just a quick note...
Chelsea are NOT scousers.. They are born from the deepest of ocean depths.. Where Drogba is the king of deep box diving, given power by the god Neptune, to have the ability to do consecutive dives on a football pitch.

2)Im secretly hoping for a RED Moscow final... Imagine the tension! The PASSION! The downright suspence blood spilled on the floor...
1) seconded <.<
2) nah, just wait and see, tonight will be Messi's night of glory :twisted:

and i would reeeeeeeally love to see Bayern eliminated by Zenit on UEFA cup.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » April 29th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Yeah, it's though.... It's a pretty tense atmosphere during title run-in. The controversy, the sweat and tears, the decisive mistake by referee or a minute of magical moment by one player.... It's all the packet of League title run-in, but i guess it's hard to understand for a Liverpool Fan :twisted: :twisted: . Having been away for 17 years from League title, no wonder you forgot the excitement of title run-in. XD. :lol: :lol:

You better think about your UCL first before talking about United, need me to remind you when was the last time you lot scored at Stamford Bridge? Bruno Cheyrou, January 2004. The one dubbed as the next Zidane... yeah right! 8) .

And btw... It's Man United that first use Red Kit... But during the United 26 years Slumber, and Liverpool Golden Era (I admit it) they were famous in their red-red attire, and then dubbed as "The Reds". But if you want to ask who the real red is, We Are!

And about the money stuffs... How can we sell merchandise without fans?? D'oh! It's fans that buy those stuffs, remember? Blame that Chairman of yours that know nothing about brand commercialization. How many sponsors you got, 3 ?? And who is the major one?? Carlsberg.... dude, you live in modern world and playing modern football right now, money rules! accept it and live with it, utilize the image of your club that's quite big already (not as big as Man Utd ;p).

Oh, about Chelsea... who said that they are scousers ? Did anyone said it?? Did I? They are very lucky lot though.... Being the losers they are, how crappy they play, at least they're not scousers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: This thread has been around long... just that almost no one has any passion for sport. Well, Raitei seems to have some interest in Tennis, other than that... :roll:

And about the Flame War?? What is football wihtout Fans Flaming ???!!!

We Won it 2 Times ! Without Killing Anyone, We Won it 2 Times !!!
Uchi kaeru....

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » April 30th, 2008, 12:06 am

@loli... Meh.. Somewhere in the previous posts.. u said Chelsea are scousers.. Go check.. I know you to have some sort of short term memory loss.. XDDDD

Anwayy,,,XD

Yes.. What is football without friendly rivalry between fans? XDD
No matter what kinda fans...

Glory hunters and TRUE fans...
► Show Spoiler

I must admit though.. Loli might just look like a true united fan and not just some glory hunter. I respect that... And because of that i shall speak with him as an equal.. Even though he a manac... LOLOL

Anyway just received the update...

United 1 - Barca 0

Hahaha... I bellieve loli is in loliland right now...
United went through to the finals... I must at least congratulate them on that victory.
Hmm...

Now i cant wait for OUR semi-final match..
I really hope that it would be a bloody RED finals now..

A bloody hell RED english final..

EDIT:
Ohh... Tough luck to Catastrophe.. Messi, as much as i like him.. well.. just wasnt enough i guess.. You have my sympathy
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 30th, 2008, 1:28 am

couldn watch it, had class.......

but from what ive heard...........thankfully i had that class :?
i really hope there will be a SERIOUS restoration on that team for the upcoming season, sorry Franckie... but it seems you started to lose the motivation needed, sorry Marquez, sorry Puyol, sorry Deco, sorry Henry(srsly, wtf happened to him?), and sorry a lot more ones, but if the team wants to move on....well.....

BTW, just confirmed that my local team Independiente Santa Fe(obviously the one im fan of), will have a pre-season (is it called that way?) match against Real Madrid here at Bogota on August 6th :D our classic rivals are dying of envy down here XD

and changing the atmosphere a bit.... Forza Ferrari! :P

EDIT:
PS. oh, how could i forget.......sorry Valdez :?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » April 30th, 2008, 7:39 am

Really, i said that...??? Must be under influence of some serious dosage of painkillers..... LOL.

AHHHHH !!!!! I was practically screaming after the game. I was watching together with "United Indonesia" an Indonesian Manchester United FanBase. We were watching at Manchester United Bar, and after the game we spent around 30 minutes singing and chanting and rubbing it on the face of Barca's Fans watching together with us... At last, Full Speed Ahead.... MOSCOW!!!!

For all the Pool fans, better prepare a new banner for next season.

Forever in our Shadow, The Manchester United

It's nice of you guys, to make your own countdown to oblivion in the hand of Manchester United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: @Catastrophe: The one mistake Barca had in this few years, is they take their success for granted. Thet felt like they are the king in the game, and take every games like they deserve to win without effort. Well, wrong!! You can play beautifully, pass with grace and show sexy football, but when you lack the passion, grit and determination, you will only end up nowhere, well... maybe somewhere in a nightclub where you will usually find Ronaldinho partying.

Same thing happen to Milan this season. Not trying to boast Man Utd here, but look at them... They won treble in 99, but still after that they clinch another 2 league titles, and that Old Wily Scot is still hungry as ever for more trophies. In football, you have to fight to win your way to glories.
Uchi kaeru....