Ragnarok Online (and ROII)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Ragnarok Online (and ROII)

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 20th, 2007, 11:28 am

How many of you have played this? Personally this is my all time favourite MMORPG (for some apparent reason). Ragnarok Online II is set to hit English soon (next year at least though) as well.

I was a player on oRO (Oceania Ragnarok Online), an official server for Oceanic players, and managed to get to level 80, before i spent 4 months farming Zeroms and Verits until i reached level 84, and that was around when i stopped for a while, and when oRO soon closed -___-. My Guild was Heavenly Beings (Later reformed as Reborn Beings) and we dominated WoE frequently.

What were your stories?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » September 20th, 2007, 1:53 pm

I've played for years on various private servers, but quit some 18 months ago. I have done pretty much everything that you can do, so meh. I have some great memories though, lotsa great people I've met over the years. Just too bad all of them live on the other side of the globe.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » September 20th, 2007, 2:18 pm

I played oRO for pretty much the entire beta period, then left. Before that I played the 15 day trial of iRO.
Once the beta of oRO closed I stopped along with a friend of mine I got into it for a few months. Then my friend found private servers, and we played on and off for the next few years on dozens of different servers, memorable ones being qRO, which was the first time I got to the second job class (of Rogue), NamelessRO and that French one which is really popular whose name I can't remember. Then Destiny Online and NutsRO, which were very highly customised ones.
Eventually I stopped playing altogether because as said, I'd done pretty much all you could do.
Once Gunslinger came out I played more, and I loved the Gunslinger class. I constantly had to re-download it to play because I never had much space on my hard drive, which is one reason I stopped playing.
It's been about half a year since I last played. I've been thinking of playing again now that I have a new (and huge) hard drive, but I can't be bothered to start again, really.

But yeah. If anyone wants to play then I'm sure I could join them, seeing as I have Nameless and that French one on a DVD somewhere. I'm way too busy until next month, though.

I'm also looking forward to RO2 a great deal, although I doubt my computer could run it.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raw » September 20th, 2007, 8:15 pm

I played on mexican private servers. This is my favorite MMORPG, well, the only one i have really wanted to play. I'm looking forward to using guns on RO II ;). Yeah, i'm a rifleman at soul.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kanzar » September 20th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Yeah, I went on a few private servers. qRO and NamelessRO were the ones I spent any particular length of time on...
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » September 20th, 2007, 10:29 pm

I know a friend who OMGT3H1337 haXored a version of Ragnarok Online.

Personally, I will never play the game.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Alden » September 24th, 2007, 7:13 am

mmm RO was fun, i played on oRo, was in the guild 'Divinity Alliance' hmm managed to get to lv 96 before the server died... and i couldn't be bothered to transfer to iro so i've stopped playing now
Alden
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » September 24th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Raw wrote:I played on mexican private servers. This is my favorite MMORPG, well, the only one i have really wanted to play. I'm looking forward to using guns on RO II ;). Yeah, i'm a rifleman at soul.

try me then, bullseye :), you have the same taste and soul as I do...
btw, about the type of guns, I tend to go with the accurate ones, such as sniper rifles and semi-auto pistols...i'm the type of an accurate marksman, y'know..
although sometimes I also like heavy weaponry such as heavy machineguns, shotguns, or grenade guns :D

about RO, I played it around 3 to 4 years ago, but then quitted when I was at level 62 as a knight...got bored through halfway guys :(
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 24th, 2007, 2:04 pm

I'm not exactly the 'rifleman' type, but I'm all for the 'ranged', which also brings me to take a liking for gunners =)

Ragnarok wasn't exactly the most fun game in the world, but I loved it anyways. I don't know myself, but it was probably the atmosphere, and the wacko guild members that kept dragging me back to this game.

Private servers really screwed me up. I tried it, and became frustrated at the time it takes to lvl when you get back to official servers :x .
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » October 1st, 2007, 4:29 pm

Did anyone else know that RO2 was in open beta?
I've downloaded it and installed it, but now I can't get on to the damn site to register.
Firefox constantly tells me that it's too busy or unavailable.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 14th, 2007, 8:41 am

Hyperbeast wrote:Did anyone else know that RO2 was in open beta?
I've downloaded it and installed it, but now I can't get on to the damn site to register.
Firefox constantly tells me that it's too busy or unavailable.

Is it STILL in open beta? It's been like that for ages now. If you follow the guides on one of the RO fansites, you should be able to register, but I'll tell you, the KSSN numbers are impossible to get. Not sure what's up with ur browser not being able to connect to the website though.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » October 14th, 2007, 10:02 am

ro was fun...but assasin cross and lord knight classes were pretty broken...
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » October 18th, 2007, 12:16 am

OH RIGHT! ITS OLD MAN TIME!

I remember... BACK IN THE DAY! 1998... RO was this new fangled thing, and it was really REALLY buggy.

The original client was about 220mbs... which was a MASSIVE download back when 95% of the internet's was still on dial-up, but i got it anyway. RO was quite playable over a modem.. until you went into Planterra (sorry, i can't remember the exact spelling of alot of things.. its a bit fuzy after all these years). Still, alot of things that you are fimilar with simply didn't exist.. lets start with those.

Lets see.... at first you couldn't level over 12. That's right! EVERYONE was a newb! And there where character wipes almost DAILY. So you started to get really good at leveling to 12 in a day. Morroc didn't have monsters at the time, and neither did that strange tunnel in the middle of Morroc desert. If you got lost in that tunnel, you had to wait for the charactor wipe to get out.

I remember the patch that added monsters to Morroc desert... They didn't make noise at first... or even attack you, that came in a later patch... The day they started attacking was really bad, because you still couldn't' level above 12, and the monsters where tuned for much higher damage then they are today. It was fun massing a bunch of newbs (like 10 or 12) to try and take them out, but you had to attack them one at a time. If another monster (we didn't have the term MOB back then.. new fangled terms) started attacking, you where in REAL trouble.

I remember the 200mb patch that added the town next to Pronterra.. i forget its name... It didn't have bots at first... but you'd spawn there when the Prontera spawn was turned off.... no one would spawn in any other town, because all the comerse was in Pronterra. It was always populated, even in the early days, and extreamly laggy ona modem.

Man my spelling sucks.

I'm interested in playing iRO again... i never did care for 3rd party servers. RO is different from all other MMO's... everyone's so polite...
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby serialies » October 18th, 2007, 7:12 am

TheXev wrote: RO is different from all other MMO's... everyone's so polite...

until WoE starts that is...
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 18th, 2007, 7:52 am

TheXev wrote:
I'm interested in playing iRO again... i never did care for 3rd party servers. RO is different from all other MMO's... everyone's so polite...

I suggest you join a guild, a guild has the wildest people in the world; You'd be surprised to hear what goes on in large guilds.

serialies wrote:until WoE starts that is...

Haha, yes.... Well actually not for me. With a triple alliance guarding 1 castle in the earlier days, a task of setting traps next to the emp turns out to be very familiar to working a job, minus the traps popping out every 5 mins. Still fun though =P
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby CatPawoOo » February 2nd, 2008, 7:03 am

Was enjoyable when RO first came to SEA.. Like it a lot but got boring fast since it is a bit hard to lvl and has to p2p then..

Anyway about RO2, i love to be a gunner as ranger is fun and .. =X

The final phase was the Korean Open Beta running from May 28th to an unannounced date, where the final release of the game is expected right after. It is open to all Korean citizens with a Korean Social Security Number and during the first week, the servers went through severe maintenance as each server quickly filled up. Several more servers were opened shortly after to fit the demand, including several age 18 and up only servers to accommodate those who wish to participate in a player versus player environment. The focus during open beta is game balance and mechanics. The game content was similar to the previous closed betas and it is expected to see a greater release of content in the near future, but most likely after the game is released.

It seems that Ro2 won't be out on Full Release for korea till july and over. Since may28 is the last OBT test.. Heard PH is doing its test on the late nov ... So i don't think in Singapore, malaysia will be able to play until start of New Year or CNY.. T.T
CatPawoOo
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat