TLG images in Fate Stay Night -kiriKiri-

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

TLG images in Fate Stay Night -kiriKiri-

Unread postby ajaest » September 2nd, 2007, 10:44 pm

hi!

for begining, i want to congratulate you for translations of Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime, you did a great work.

we are an spanish group that are studyng the possibilitie of translating the Fate Stay Night game.

I have a problem editing tlg images in Fate Stay nights that uses kirikiri engine. I can convert .tlg images in 24 bits bmp's ones with susie 347b with the .tlg plugin.

Later, made the changes in the image(from 24 bits to 32 and defining alpha channel), I convert again the .bmp with TVP(kirikiri) graphic converter included in Kiri Kiri 2.29 KDE pack to tlg5 and i add it to the .xp3 file where i extracted it.

The problem is that the game doesn't recognize the image when it have to use it and displays the following message:

I think the cause could be:

-I don't set properly the settings in kiriki graphic converter(is in japanese and I don't understand it :( )
-Maybe the image lost some specific information when is translated wich without it doesn't work in the game( i read something about needed tags in TLG images, but there was in japanese and i didn't understand it at all).
-Maybe there there is a problem with the alpha channel or the color depth (it seems that TLG is a special .bmp image with 32 bits of color depth and an alpha channel)

I have used xp3-tools by insani, in which readme file the author says that for image editing exists some beta tools...anybody know anything?

Thank you and sorry for my english :)
ajaest
Totally hardly posted

Re: TLG images in Fate Stay Night -kiriKiri-

Unread postby berretw » March 28th, 2008, 7:24 am

ajaest wrote:hi!

for begining, i want to congratulate you for translations of Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime, you did a great work.

we are an spanish group that are studyng the possibilitie of translating the Fate Stay Night game.

I have a problem editing tlg images in Fate Stay nights that uses kirikiri engine. I can convert .tlg images in 24 bits bmp's ones with susie 347b with the .tlg plugin.

Later, made the changes in the image(from 24 bits to 32 and defining alpha channel), I convert again the .bmp with TVP(kirikiri) graphic converter included in Kiri Kiri 2.29 KDE pack to tlg5 and i add it to the .xp3 file where i extracted it.

The problem is that the game doesn't recognize the image when it have to use it and displays the following message:

I think the cause could be:

-I don't set properly the settings in kiriki graphic converter(is in japanese and I don't understand it :( )
-Maybe the image lost some specific information when is translated wich without it doesn't work in the game( i read something about needed tags in TLG images, but there was in japanese and i didn't understand it at all).
-Maybe there there is a problem with the alpha channel or the color depth (it seems that TLG is a special .bmp image with 32 bits of color depth and an alpha channel)

I have used xp3-tools by insani, in which readme file the author says that for image editing exists some beta tools...anybody know anything?

Thank you and sorry for my english :)

Hi please help me with translatin to czech. What is ti Kiri Kiri and From??? THX
berretw
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ajaest » May 8th, 2008, 1:57 pm

hi, I solved the problem long time ago editing by binary the image tag.

Looking for my post in google, in the old forum (i had to look in google's cache) anyone replied my post with a better method that I know that works:

Unregistered wrote:I imagine you are using the latest version (or at least what at the time was the latest version) of the KiriKiri SDK. Fate/stay night was made with version 2.19.15.783. Even though the version number for the graphic converter is the same in both the latest and the old version, they made some changes since then which apparently are not backwards compatible.

Go to http://kikyou.info/tvp/files/ and download "kr219b15.lzh", that is the same version of the SDK that was used to build Fate/stay night. The graphic converter there only has one TLG option, and as long as you feed it 32-bit BMPs, PNGs, other TLGs or JPGs, it'll convert them to the proper format. I just finished playing around with it and managed to do this:

http://i-am-boss.org/images/seibaaa.jpg

So it was just a matter of having too new a tool :D

Thanks to the anonymus helper :).
ajaest
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat