Ripping Media from Fate/Stay Night

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Ripping Media from Fate/Stay Night

Unread postby mooks » August 7th, 2007, 5:55 pm

before i ask my question (which is probably obvious from the title of the post) i'd just like to say great job on the translation, it brought about new understanding to me and made things much clear than what i learnt from the anime.

with the question, i'd just like to ask if anyone can tell me how i can rip the Clips and CG from the game, i read about it on the other topic but it happens to be about tsukihime which is based on another engine or another?

any help would be great, i'm hoping to add those clips to my collection.

thanks.
mooks
Might just like this board

Unread postby puKKa » August 8th, 2007, 6:17 am

puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby mooks » August 8th, 2007, 3:46 pm

thanks for the links, pukka

i'll play around with it and stuff

EDIT
----
okay, after messing around with it, i only got more lost as to what i am meant to do to actually use the program

i dont understand the readme file too well or the code in the files that come with it, can you perhaps give me a short tutorial on how the program works?
mooks

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 9th, 2007, 9:05 pm

From the looks of it you just need to grab the xp3tools and run the xp3 extractor on the .xp3 file(s) you want to extract.... there is even a compiled binary for it.
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby mooks » August 10th, 2007, 9:17 am

when i run the extractor, a window appears for maybe a split second and closes again. it doesnt do anything at all really, i cant select the xp3 file to unpack files from either
mooks

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 10th, 2007, 8:25 pm

you need to run it from the command line. The readme file that comes with the tools explains the arguments you need to use.

xp3tools readme file wrote:* xp3-extract.exe to extract XP3 archives

so you go to Start->Run and type cmd and hit enter to open the command line. then navigate using dos commands* to the directory where you have the extractor executabe and use the above command (with proper arguments). to make it easy put your xp3 in the same file as your extractor (or other way around, however you prefer).

and example would be like this:
xp3-extract.exe FSN.xp3 C:\FSN_UNPACK

where FSN.xp3 is the file i want to extract and C:\FSN_UNPACK is where i want the files to go

*all the dos commands you need should be these two:
CD = change directory
DIR = list the contents of the current directory

example:
C:\random folder name\> CD C:\fate #this would bring me to the fate folder on my C drive (assuming it exists).
C:\fate\> DIR #this shows me the directory contents
>something to extract.xp3
>random.txt
>virus.exe
>anotherfile.xp3

[edited to fix a few typos and add in the DOS section]
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby mooks » August 12th, 2007, 9:54 am

thanks chronowraith, that helped a lot

EDIT
---
i've successfully extracted the contents of the video.xp3 but when i try to play the .mpg files it says "cannot render file"

could this be because of the encryption i was warned about in the cmd interface when extracting?
mooks

Unread postby phib » August 12th, 2007, 7:00 pm

You probably forgot to add which decipher method to use. Read the readme.
phib
Addict

Unread postby mooks » August 13th, 2007, 8:14 am

thanks for the tip, phib

ill look into it

EDIT
---
ok it worked this time round, thanks for everyone's help
mooks

Unread postby GHS » September 13th, 2007, 3:14 am

Hi, I need some help with the xp3 extractor. I'm trying to extract the bgm.xp3 file. Hoever when I try to extract it in the command prompt, it says that I'm missing the python24.dll file. I googled for it and tried again with the extractor but then it says:

"Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I'm guessing that the python24.dll version isn't the right one needed for the xp3 extractor. By the way, I'm using the latest version of the xp3 extractor. Any ideas on how I should proceed?
GHS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Enerccio » September 13th, 2007, 4:10 pm

forget about xp3 extractor.
This tool is way better for getting files: http://forums.visualnews.net/showpost.p ... ostcount=1
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GHS » September 13th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Thanks Enerccio. I can figure out the rest from that.

-EDIT-

I spoke to soon. Although I've extracted the bgm that I wanted, when I try to play it, it doesn't register as an .ogg file. I've tried converting it to something else but I get the same problem; it the file doesn't register as an .ogg file. I'm wondering if there is some kind of encryption on the file that prevents access to it. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
GHS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Enerccio » September 16th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Make sure you checked all these at options (mainly second). Then ogg will be playable:
(not spoiler, but big image)
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GHS » September 17th, 2007, 3:55 am

After successful extraction, is it possible to convert the .ogg file to something else like .mp3 or is it stuck as an .ogg file?
GHS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Retsej » September 17th, 2007, 6:14 am

Once you find the appropriate file in your temp directory, you should be able to convert using another program.
Retsej
Addict

Unread postby GHS » September 17th, 2007, 6:39 am

The problem is that all the programs that I try to use to convert the file don't register the said file as an .ogg file for some reason. Some programs say that it doesn't support the file format or even say the file isn't on OggVorbis file tells me to get the proper codecs and such even though I'm pretty sure I do. BTW I use illiminable's .ogg codecs.
GHS
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby noradseven » December 14th, 2007, 1:00 am

I tried using the first one but using command line on stuff made by microsoft is a nightmare so I gave the second one a shot it was much easier thx.
noradseven

Unread postby reikanizen » May 23rd, 2008, 1:58 am

Sorry for the thread necromancy.

I am trying to extract images from the F/SN game (English patched by MM ^.^), which I assumed would be in bgimages.xp3

Extracting these files resulted in TLG files I don't know what to do with, which is annoying.

Further, reading here, it seems the XP3 Extractor required an encryption type, but I don't know what to specify there. As for actually using the command line tool, it's ridiculously easy.

Start Menu -> Run "cmd"

Drag xp3-extract.exe into the command window. Press Space. Drag the .xp3 archive you want to extract. Press Space. Drag the folder you want to extract the files to. Press Space. [ specify an encryption method, which I don't actually know myself]. Then press enter. Some people think you actually have to figure out the exact file path, etc when working with the Windows command line tool, but it's as simple as dragging and dropping the files.

I found and used the other tool (the link to it is dead, the forums were moved) "Total Commander", and was told that my archive had an error. I don't know if there's a setting I missed or a plug-in I need, but it won't even extract the files.

So, I had some success with XP3 extractor, at least, aside from not actually being able to use the files I extracted. =_________________=

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for

a) what to enter in the encryption type parameter of
Code: Select all
xp3-extract.exe <file.xp3> <to_where> [encryption]

b) how to view the image files from F/SN (which I'm assuming are supposed to be .tlg files, unless this was caused by the encryption?)

Thanks in advance.

[edit]Haha? I think. All that was needed was the F/SN plug-in for SUSIE

I feel clever... =______=
reikanizen
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » May 23rd, 2008, 2:38 am

Viewing TLG Files: viewtopic.php?p=13127
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat