a pretty good korean MMO

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

a pretty good korean MMO

Unread postby azuraith » July 12th, 2007, 9:07 am

You guys should check out this really cute game. downloading the client is pretty quick.. i think the

DL was only something like 400mb but keep in mind when you install it, it jumps to something like 2gig.

It's a pretty awesome game, I never thought i'd get so into so try it out now!! ^_^

http://www.tricksteronline.com

oh yeah and I may be able to answer any questions you have about the game.
azuraith
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » July 12th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Looks like a RO ripoff.
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Xavier » July 12th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Pretty good and Korean mmo in the same sentence? Holy shit.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby azuraith » July 13th, 2007, 6:37 am

well yeah it does seem like an RO rip-off but if you loved RO then you'll get a kick out of this. umm.. I'm sorry is that supposed to be sarcasm Xavier?
azuraith
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sobzob » July 13th, 2007, 11:36 am

Compared to RO this game is horrible :s
I've been playing RO for a long time and decided to take a break a few months ago, tried out Trickster. And I didn't like it at all.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby SPerson » July 13th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Sobzob wrote:Compared to RO this game is horrible :s
I've been playing RO for a long time and decided to take a break a few months ago, tried out Trickster. And I didn't like it at all.

seems weird to me, you decided to take a break from playing MMORPG so you found another MMORPG for youself :shock:
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Xavier » July 13th, 2007, 2:01 pm

azuraith wrote:well yeah it does seem like an RO rip-off but if you loved RO then you'll get a kick out of this. umm.. I'm sorry is that supposed to be sarcasm Xavier?

Heh. I've played a lot off MMOs and I have learned one thing, they all suck. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. =p
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KaioShin » July 13th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Xavier wrote:
azuraith wrote:well yeah it does seem like an RO rip-off but if you loved RO then you'll get a kick out of this. umm.. I'm sorry is that supposed to be sarcasm Xavier?

Heh. I've played a lot off MMOs and I have learned one thing, they all suck. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. =p

It's the truth, and Korean ones are by far the worst of them.
KaioShin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » July 13th, 2007, 7:53 pm

I thank you for the offer, but Guild Wars is the only MMO game I like.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Re: ........

Unread postby Xavier » July 13th, 2007, 8:13 pm

Impractic_Shiki wrote:I thank you for the offer, but Guild Wars is the only MMO game I like.

I got bored of Guild Wars but I have so many good memories in that game. I have Prophecies and Factions. Prophecies was good but Factions was horrible. I heard that Nightfall was good and I want to buy it, I just don't have the money. =(
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pchunter » January 23rd, 2008, 2:59 am

KaioShin wrote:
Xavier wrote:

at least they can make games... are there any non-korean MMO out there that is even worth 5m of one's time? no? and Xavier, what kind of non-korean PC games do you like?
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WingZero » January 23rd, 2008, 4:08 am

pchunter wrote:
KaioShin wrote:
Xavier wrote:[quote="azuraith"]well yeah it does seem like an RO rip-off but if you loved RO then you'll get a kick out of this. umm.. I'm sorry is that supposed to be sarcasm Xavier?

at least they can make games... are there any non-korean MMO out there that is even worth 5m of one's time?[/quote]

World of Warcraft?

Also, going back on-topic, I play Trickster Online =x. Occasionally. L148 now.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pchunter » January 23rd, 2008, 4:16 am

WingZero wrote:
pchunter wrote:
KaioShin wrote:[quote="Xavier"][quote="azuraith"]well yeah it does seem like an RO rip-off but if you loved RO then you'll get a kick out of this. umm.. I'm sorry is that supposed to be sarcasm Xavier?

at least they can make games... are there any non-korean MMO out there that is even worth 5m of one's time?[/quote]

World of Warcraft?

Also, going back on-topic, I play Trickster Online =x. Occasionally. L148 now.[/quote]

trickster is a korean MMO =O, and i thought the head of blizzard was a kroean... was it not? w/e back to topic... anyone play rakion..
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zeldaevolution » January 23rd, 2008, 1:50 pm

It was on Global too, and I find the game rated below my preferences...
I don't like Rakion, let's play O2Jam
Things won't get better if you kept in them to yourself... or...
Thing won't be better too much if you're saying it and people won't listen to you... even though you have no lies...
zeldaevolution
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby WingZero » January 23rd, 2008, 6:50 pm

trickster is a korean MMO =O

I don't recall saying it wasn't.

and i thought the head of blizzard was a kroean... was it not? w/e back to topic... anyone play rakion..

Don't know, but that doesn't make WoW a Korean MMO. As an analogy, (modern) computers were developed FIRST in USA by Americans (actually, Germany, but people don't count that one as it's not electronic) does that mean anything computer-related is American?
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pchunter » January 23rd, 2008, 7:59 pm

WingZero wrote:
trickster is a korean MMO =O

I don't recall saying it wasn't.

and i thought the head of blizzard was a kroean... was it not? w/e back to topic... anyone play rakion..

Don't know, but that doesn't make WoW a Korean MMO. As an analogy, (modern) computers were developed FIRST in USA by Americans (actually, Germany, but people don't count that one as it's not electronic) does that mean anything computer-related is American?

you are the one saying WoW when i asked of a MMO, and besides.. america is made up of immigrants..

end the end.. who cares... i just wanna find a good game... i tried: RO, rakion, maplestory (lol? asian runescape?), GB, Kart Rider, and more...

anyone have a game theyve been playing for over 3 years now?
Last edited by pchunter on January 24th, 2008, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WingZero » January 23rd, 2008, 9:10 pm

you are the one saying WoW when i asked of a MMO

?? Once again, I don't recall me saying that I DIDN'T.

and besides.. america is made up of immigrants.. so when you say american shouldnt that be refering to all the countries of the immigrants?

You're clearly missing the point of the analogy (Granted, it's not a perfect one)

RO's a pretty good MMO. MS is too slow to level on, Rakion never did work for me (error + crashing), and... Kart Rider is good for occasional play, not if you want to put any substantial amount of time into it.

As far as MMOs go, there aren't too many good ones. I've found that they just mostly do the same thing over and over with different graphics. That's why I still play Trickster a bit, it's at least slightly different in terms of content.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pchunter » January 24th, 2008, 3:37 am

okay.. i said w/e can we drop this now? I apparently lost intrest 2 posts ago.

And As for trixter isnt it like flyFF? or is there a difference at all.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 24th, 2008, 3:42 am

pchunter wrote:anyone have a game theyve been playing for over 3 years now?

RO for me =). Only MMORPG that's lasted past 3 years for me.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » January 24th, 2008, 3:44 am

Like I said, content slightly different from other MMOs. I've never bothered with FlyFF though.

The classes/skills in Trickster are somewhat original, there's a background story of sorts (it's not great, but meh. There aren't too many MMOs with plot, even bad plot), and there's always an event going on (new event every update. Although half of those events will turn out to be "limited time only cash items for sale"). And cash items are ridiculously easy to get as GMs don't even try to stop people from buying them with in-game currency (even though it is "supposedly" against ToS)
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Chat