Asking all XboX Softmod experts.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Asking all XboX Softmod experts.

Unread postby Atvaark » July 3rd, 2007, 2:19 pm

alright. i recently got a free xbox since my uncle got himself a ps3, and the first thing i wanted to do was install a bigger hard drive and installing xbox media center. i don't care about game backups, the xbox came with almost 60 games anyway. I've read multiple faqs and guides online on the how-to of modifying it, but all these tutorials seem really dated. so far, i know i need that action replay thing with a mech assault original disk, which I've ordered online. also a few files to proceed with the mod itself. I'm used to modifying playstations 2 or psp, but i have no experience with the xbox. and since I'm too scared of using mod chips (last time i tried to solder, i lost some finger-skin...) i was just wondering if anyone here could assist me step by step. I'm not interested in playing downloaded games, only want the media center
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » July 3rd, 2007, 5:26 pm

Atvaark wrote:last time i tried to solder, i lost some finger-skin...

:shock: How in the... nevermind.

But still, don't let one bad experience stop you, soldering is a useful skill if you're going to be working with electronics. Just be a bit more careful next time. And I don't know anything about moding an XBox, I just thought I'd give you a little encouragement post. GO GO, FIGHT!
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » July 4th, 2007, 1:23 am

soldering i can learn. just not with some expensive electronics. I've though about training on old alarm clocks or old mainboards. but that's not the issue here...modchips are also expensive, while softmods are basically free if you have the necessary materials. i paid 5 bucks for those mats, while the cheapest modchip is around 75$.(counting shipping fees, of course.)
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » December 31st, 2007, 7:22 am

i know i'm reviving an old thread, but to anyone interested, i finally did it. softmod succes! since i got another xbox after the fire at my house and my old one was still useable, i worked up the guts to try it myself. and it works!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat