So is there anyone here studying Japan.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby 智美 » June 1st, 2008, 6:42 am

No way, I don't play those sort of eroge, they're not my thing. But that's the formula for a heap of eroge... Like Parfait ~chocolat second brew~ and すぅいと!, they're almost the same. Except Parfait has better CG. SEXFRIEND is an eroge too. But again, not my sort of thing, I just know about it. No, I live in Australia at the moment, but I went on an exchange program for a few months at the end of high-school and have been back a few times. I'm transferring next year from my university, to be able to finish my degree over there. We'll see how it goes... ;;;; I would've only been able to buy a brand-new copy of Tomoyo After for AUS$200 there, so AUS$250 to have it imported is cheap for me. The Australian dollar isn't exactly a strong currency... ;;;; LOL, that's pretty cute, she was probably like "ZOMG, the 外人 speaks Japanese!"
智美
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 1st, 2008, 7:09 am

LOL, that's pretty cute, she was probably like "ZOMG, the 外人 speaks Japanese!"

Without knowing that's all probably what i knew back then... lol.

Like Parfait ~chocolat second brew~ and すぅいと!

Suiito?? what eroge is that?? never heard of it... never heard of Parfait too..

The Australian dollar isn't exactly a strong currency... ;;;;
Still.... much better than Rupiah !!! Sigh... will our economy ever improve??

Are you an Australian, where did u meet u're husband?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby 智美 » June 1st, 2008, 7:17 am

Sweet and Parfait are both maid eroges. I have a few Parfait figurines, though only because the character designs are cute. Yeah, we met in Australia, we went to school together. I hated him for ages before I actually spoke to him and found he was quite nice. ;;;; You're in Indonesia, or... ?
智美
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » June 1st, 2008, 7:41 am

Yup, I'm Indonesian.... I actually have cousins who are living at Melbourne.... two of them. Their mother is my dad's older sis, and their father is of German descent.

I hated him for ages before I actually spoke to him and found he was quite nice. ;;;;

Even the start of your relationship sounds like an eroge setup... lol.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 15th, 2009, 6:05 am

Wohoo, thread revival. Wow, can't believe it has been more than a year when I last posted in this thread. I look around and see that most people who posted in this thread are still here, so instead of starting new one I prefer to have a warm cozy feeling of this old thread. Hope the mods don't mind. :P

So what changed during the past year? I don't think my vocabulary got a lot better, although I did convert many of my existing hiragana into Kanji. One thing I can say with confident that my grammar had gotten a lot better since the past year and I now can read and make up sentence provided I don't run into a vocab that I don't know.

So what do I need help today? Can someone recommend me some "good" manga (preferably a series) with furigana, although I would say I take any manga with furigana. The thing is I think I reached the point where I can allow myself to have some fun while practice my reading and not just strictly practicing like in the past, so I would like to get into the story if possible.

Oh yeah and if you can please provide the mean to obtain such manga (legally).

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Masterori » March 15th, 2009, 11:31 am

Just a thought, has anyone tried to remember the words by listening to them. What I mean by that is to find a good jap song then take a look at the kanji/katakana/hirugana try to remember them after so look at the english translations ( once ). Then just listening while thinking of the lyrics in your head ( since your listening to it should be easier ) till your ears go " No more of this song " since it'd easier to remember things that are catchy then try to drill though them, You may learn less ( depending how much you know ) but you'll almost surely be able to remember them if you like the song enough and you'll be reminded of them if you come across the song ( Should also help your memorization of the words when you don't use them much ).

Well that's just a method I came up that I wanted to try but I'm not even through the katakana and hirugana yet, only started last week reading on a friends jap class notes. So I'm wondering if anyone tried it or willing to try it & I must say years of anime experience helps alot.
Masterori
Might just like this board

Previous

Return to General Chat