Anyone going to Japan for summer vacation this year?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Anyone going to Japan for summer vacation this year?

Unread postby deathknight » June 8th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Hi I'm curious since I assume everyone here is a fan or at least has interest in anime, manga, galge, etc is anyone going to Japan this summer? I'm thinking of a vacation myself but I havent made up my mind yet whether to go or not. I don't have any friends there and going by myself makes even the walking in Akihabara lonely and not as fun. I'd like to meet people with similar interests like myself (anime/manga/Tsukhime). If anyone here is in Tokyo this summer would you like to meet up? Get together play some games or watch anime or whatever.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » June 8th, 2007, 6:28 pm

I wish :cry:

I don't have nearly the understanding of the language to vacation in japan heh. Good luck finding someone though.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby Apple » June 8th, 2007, 7:42 pm

I'm going in July, but to Osaka. Tokyo "is too expensive".
I'm not really a fan of anime and manga, and I'm not really going because of it (I do hope to pick up MBACvB and Little Busters! while I'm there though). I hope I can find an arcade with MBAC (or DDR, thats fun too)...
Apple
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby deathknight » June 8th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Hey Apple how much do the hotels cost in Osaka? I stayed at a hotel in Tokyo for about $80/night and it was a Japanese one. Whats in Osaka anyway? Are you going there just to sightsee?
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Apple » June 8th, 2007, 8:32 pm

I'm not staying in a hotel, so I have no idea.
I have no idea what is around there.
I am planning to do some sightseeing in the city and in Kyoto - but all I actually know for sure is that I'm going.
Apple
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby A.R.C.C. » June 8th, 2007, 9:45 pm

I have a lot of academic preparations to make, a job to look for, my uncle's old VW bus to get into (hopefully) fully functional condition, and generally a busy interim summer between high school and college. However, it's definitely on my list of "we'll see" objectives for next summer. I'll finally be taking a load of non-correspondence Japanese language courses, too.
[font="Verdana"]Wai for Kawasumi Mai![/font]
A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread postby marus » June 9th, 2007, 3:34 am

I'd like to go back this summer, but I have no money, and anyways I too need to get a job and get ready for college (WOOT, I graduate high school tomorrow!) Maybe some other summer.

Don't forget, there's more to do than just Akiba. Enoshima beach is particularly nice this time of year.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby deathknight » June 10th, 2007, 4:53 am

marus wrote:I'd like to go back this summer, but I have no money, and anyways I too need to get a job and get ready for college (WOOT, I graduate high school tomorrow!) Maybe some other summer.

Don't forget, there's more to do than just Akiba. Enoshima beach is particularly nice this time of year.

Hey congrats on your graduation Marus! :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I only really visited Akiba and an onsen last time. Checking out the beach sounds fun. I bet I'll see lots of girls there... 8)
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby A.R.C.C. » June 10th, 2007, 9:17 am

Class of '07 FTW. I was actually a Valedictorian, though my school was a private one with a small graduating class. My gpa is only treading water, but my class selected me because I can write. It's not like I deserved ti though. I simply have a talent for saying meaningless things that sound really profound because most people don't understand the metaphors I like to use. Sort of like what Neon Genesis Evangelion did to half the civilized world. I told them this, but still. . .

Yeah, I've wanted to go for a long time; a lot of my friends are surprised I've never been there. I know relatively little about what good places to check out are. At least I know the #2 rule of being in a foreign country: Don't try to act like you're not a tourist, because it will only annoy the people who actually aren't. This is a horrifyingly common phenomenon. (The #1 rule is of course as always, "Don't die." It's just a generally useful guideline in most scenarios). I don't suppose anybody has anything they might recommend besides what's been mentioned here, if I were to start planning a potential trip?
[font="Verdana"]Wai for Kawasumi Mai![/font]
A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread postby Blue Gunner » June 10th, 2007, 2:46 pm

I'm over in Tokyo at the moment. Year exchanges FTW. Although the exchange company is a little shoddy...
Last edited by Blue Gunner on June 12th, 2007, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby TakaJun » June 11th, 2007, 12:34 am

I'm going!
Probably around the end of June.
I have a huge list of eroges to GET!!
TakaJun

Unread postby deathknight » June 11th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Hey Takajun, Blue Gunner

You guys want to hang out in Tokyo? I'm still not sure if I can go but if all goes well I plan on being there sometime in early-mid July
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby OldSchoolBunta » June 13th, 2007, 3:35 am

Going in August for Super Battle Opera among other things... LOL
OldSchoolBunta
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby blindrage7363x » June 22nd, 2007, 6:16 am

Im planning on it, im right now researching the best location to go to, since Tokyo and Kyoto are overwhelming, and i only know enough of the language to simply, get by. I want to find a place where its nice and peaceful, im going for the experience, id like to go somewhere full of culture.
"Thats the problem with strengthening, if you try to change something that is already perfect, you risk making it imperfect, so why take the risk?" ~Emiya Shirou, Fate/Stay Night
blindrage7363x
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pierrot » July 5th, 2007, 3:27 pm

On a rather unrelated note, my friend and I are quasi-seriously considering taking a trip this summer to Shirakawagou, where Hinamizawa of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni was based on. The friend attends school in Hachiouji and I live a little bit from Shibuya so it would be quite an expedition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KXpV-nNZqI

Seizei noroware nai you ni ki wo tuke masu yo. Ke ke ke...

-----------------The body is a sword.
The blood is iron, the heart of glass.
Over countless battlefields undefeated.
Never once to flee,
And never once to be understood.
Atop the hill of swords she drinks the dregs of victory in her solitude.

Therefore her lifetime held no meaning,
and I’m sure her body was a sword.
Pierrot
Posting more than n00bs

Return to General Chat