A website where i can buy ero-games other than himeya?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

A website where i can buy ero-games other than himeya?

Unread postby haderach » May 16th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Hello, the only place where i can buy ero-games online that i know is himeyashop.com, now i was wandering if there is a cheaper site that sell ero-games? I only buy the "must get" in himeya 'cause the prices are just crazy sometimes (95dollars for a game without shipping fees is just too much for me)
User avatar
haderach
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 25
Joined: March 19th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Unread postby Message » May 17th, 2007, 6:52 am

PaletWeb is the most obvious recommendation I can make. Here's their Fate/stay night.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby md » May 19th, 2007, 10:19 pm

>>95dollars for a game without shipping fees is just too much for me

Ero-ge are expensive, though.
User avatar
md
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 208
Joined: June 18th, 2005, 4:01 am

Unread postby Xavier » May 20th, 2007, 1:32 am

md wrote:>>95dollars for a game without shipping fees is just too much for me

Ero-ge are expensive, though.

Can you explain to me why are they so expensive?

I don't get why a game that contains text and pictures cost more than 50 bucks.

Is it because its developed from another country?
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby marus » May 20th, 2007, 4:29 am

Different market? Visual Novels are a pretty niche product, so I guess those who read them are willing to pay a lot. If you live in Japan though, you can still get them for a good price if you shop used.
KATTO!
User avatar
marus
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 356
Joined: October 22nd, 2005, 9:57 am
Location: Washington (state)

Unread postby TheXev » May 20th, 2007, 5:14 am

Xavier wrote:
md wrote:>>95dollars for a game without shipping fees is just too much for me

Ero-ge are expensive, though.

Can you explain to me why are they so expensive?

I don't get why a game that contains text and pictures cost more than 50 bucks.

Is it because its developed from another country?


A good place to start to a deeper understanding of why it cost so much is actually this wonderful wikipedia article on Japanese Pornography.

I think one of the core reasons for the cost is simply, the history and the artistic value behind Japanese pornography. The Japanese consider it an art, and it is portrayed differently then the "lets make a video with hot peoples fucking the shit out of each other" that western pornography is all about. This long and developed history has what eventually leads us to today, and the cost of popular eroge.
User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
 
Posts: 494
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 20th, 2007, 5:26 am

Um, all the above, and the simple fact that video games and DVDs/CDs (electronic media in general) are more expensive in Japan than the US. They are simply used to paying more, so the market can bear more.
User avatar
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy
 
Posts: 318
Joined: September 5th, 2004, 3:05 am

Unread postby Xavier » May 20th, 2007, 11:30 am

TheXev wrote:I think one of the core reasons for the cost is simply, the history and the artistic value behind Japanese pornography. The Japanese consider it an art, and it is portrayed differently then the "lets make a video with hot peoples fucking the shit out of each other" that western pornography is all about. This long and developed history has what eventually leads us to today, and the cost of popular eroge.

That made me laugh out loud. =p

Man, japanese people are crazy.
Xavier
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 328
Joined: December 31st, 2006, 1:55 am
Location: Between No Where And Some Where

Unread postby X-Calibar » May 20th, 2007, 11:53 pm

Mmm I wouldn't want a world without crazy japanese people :P
User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Re: A website where i can buy ero-games other than himeya?

Unread postby joddo » May 23rd, 2007, 1:17 pm

haderach wrote:Hello, the only place where i can buy ero-games online that i know is himeyashop.com, now i was wandering if there is a cheaper site that sell ero-games? I only buy the "must get" in himeya 'cause the prices are just crazy sometimes (95dollars for a game without shipping fees is just too much for me)


J-list has some translated eroge ranging from 25 to 40 bucks + shipping.
joddo
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 8
Joined: May 23rd, 2007, 1:08 pm

Unread postby movingfinger » September 28th, 2007, 6:40 am

Are there anyone who have used play-asia.com ? I'm trying to buy Utaware Rumono (spelling is weird..) ps2 ver. The price is only 68 bucks with lowest shipping fee, $3.10! It's quite cheaper than other site, i.e. Himeya (91 bucks included shipping fee) or Palet (78 bucks included shipping fee, but sold out already...)
Is someone who has idea about this site?
Last edited by movingfinger on October 1st, 2007, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
俺の歌を聞け! by Nekki Basara
User avatar
movingfinger
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: April 26th, 2007, 4:16 am
Location: TX

Unread postby Raykun » September 29th, 2007, 2:17 am

^ I know about the site and Im hopping for the game I want is cheapter there
Raykun
Addict
 
Posts: 103
Joined: September 29th, 2007, 2:07 am

Unread postby -[J1N]- » September 29th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Wow, i never noticed they actually sell eroge games until now :lol: . Their range of eroge games for japanese language only goes to 2 pages, while their english translated games go for 5 pages o.O
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread postby Message » September 29th, 2007, 6:36 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:Their range of eroge games for japanese language only goes to 2 pages, while their english translated games go for 5 pages o.O

They also shell the Hirameki lineup under 'hentai' games. Easy page fillings, but of course entirely incorrect.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby asceai » September 30th, 2007, 7:24 am

Mandarake is another place that sells games even cheaper than Palet does.
User avatar
asceai
Addict
 
Posts: 62
Joined: March 18th, 2007, 11:27 pm

Unread postby Raykun » October 1st, 2007, 3:59 am

woah so much 18+ games there
Raykun
Addict
 
Posts: 103
Joined: September 29th, 2007, 2:07 am

Unread postby Superflonic » January 4th, 2008, 7:06 pm

Okay.

But do these sites also ship to Europe?
I mean, me living there, would be nice if they shipped there :)
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 5th, 2008, 6:54 am

I'd think they can ship anywhere, as long as customs allow it. I mean, all they have to do is write the address and get a box.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest