Introductions Thread

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Introductions Thread

Unread postby Sparky » May 8th, 2007, 6:11 pm

I know I am still relatively new, but jeez. The past like 2 weeks have made this board explode with people =p. I was wondering, was it like this when Tsukihime was released?
Sparky
Addict

Re: Lotta New Faces

Unread postby puKKa » May 8th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Sparky wrote:I know I am still relatively new, but jeez. The past like 2 weeks have made this board explode with people =p. I was wondering, was it like this when Tsukihime was released?

well, we had quite a few questions threads etc. and more activity but it died down a bit after a while. Though I tihnk the amount of activity we have now after fsn is higher.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Chetyre » May 8th, 2007, 7:08 pm

I came here because of Melty Blood... Fate was just an added bonus
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby X-Calibar » May 8th, 2007, 8:49 pm

I came on because of the news flash, "Is there something wrong with our fourms?!" lol
After the layout was changed, and since I commented on encouraging the change I finally spent the time to join :P ;)
Having Melty Blood and Fate Stay Night released have been tormenting me :P
I want to get them badly, I just need to magically create the money...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dtrini » May 8th, 2007, 10:57 pm

puKKa wrote:
Sparky wrote:I know I am still relatively new, but jeez. The past like 2 weeks have made this board explode with people =p. I was wondering, was it like this when Tsukihime was released?

well, we had quite a few questions threads etc. and more activity but it died down a bit after a while. Though I tihnk the amount of activity we have now after fsn is higher.

gets so dead after a while. some time i wonder if this forum has any active members.
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby Xavier » May 9th, 2007, 1:03 am

Dtrini wrote:
puKKa wrote:

gets so dead after a while. some time i wonder if this forum has any active members.

Yeah, even the mods and the admin isn't that active. =p

Because of the Fate route patch, I'm going to be more active.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » May 9th, 2007, 5:08 am

i don't even remember when and why i joined. i think it was because i was bored and wanted to make friends. :)
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sparky » May 9th, 2007, 7:51 am

i don't even remember when and why i joined. i think it was because i was bored and wanted to make friends.

oooo I at least know when!

25 Jan 2007! :P
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby Ellume » May 9th, 2007, 12:11 pm

I joined after I watched the Fate/SN anime. I like the look of the forum and I'm trying to stay around jap stuff a little more as I am learning a bit of the language.
Ellume
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kura » May 9th, 2007, 6:53 pm

I finally joined mostly out of gratitude after I could FINALLY play Tsukihime after its been sitting gathering dust due to its Japanese-ness. :)
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby marus » May 9th, 2007, 10:16 pm

i don't even remember when and why i joined. i think it was because i was bored and wanted to make friends.

Just a guess, but I think you joined January 25, 2007.

I joined while Tsukihime and Melty Blood were still in the works. I got bored of lurking, I guess.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » May 9th, 2007, 10:30 pm

January 25th? no waaaaaaay...you're all reading into my subconscious, get out of my head, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!
AAAAARGH!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby haderach » May 9th, 2007, 11:10 pm

I came here 'cause i learned english :P no seriously i came here 'cause i discovered a few months ago how great visual novels are (through english h-games), then i watched fsn and heard that it was a visual novel and that you guys were translating it. So i came to check things out and heard about tsukime, i tried it..... i loved it :D
haderach
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby mir » May 10th, 2007, 4:04 am

I like lurking around but usually try not to post unless I have something to say.

(this is not one of those times)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 10th, 2007, 4:36 am

I had a lingering urge to try out Tsukihime (anime-wise). I had heard such great things about the game that I had to try the anime despite some harsh review of it. I enjoyed it. Albeit I wish it had been longer so some stuff could have been better. The Nero fight for instance.

After I finished, however, I wanted to play the game. Got the game, patch, got Fate/Stay Night in advance, and went into it.

Gotta finish up Tsukihime now.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sparky » May 10th, 2007, 5:01 am

Yeah I personally think they should have licensed it for 24 episodes, not 12, at least with what they tried to cover. The whole thing seemed rushed. But having had already played through the near side of the moon and Akiha's route, I didn't mind too much of it because I got to see some scenes I liked animated. I just wish they hadn't messed with the story so much.
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 10th, 2007, 12:40 pm

I believe that's the general fan consensus. I enjoyed it for the animated quality. It's true the story was messed up but you can call it the Sacchin route. She's still at Shiki's school. ;p
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kura » May 10th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Yeah, pretty much, it felt like a pretty summary. I liked how SOME of the characters were drawn.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Sparky » May 10th, 2007, 11:07 pm

I figured since people started talking about joining I should mention my reasons. Except I can't really remember why I signed up. I just saw some people with the same interest as I have I think.

For some reason, somewhere along the lines of playing through my American eroge, I realized I was missing out on a lot because the ones gettng released here just weren't as interesting as some of artwork indicated that I saw on websites like himeya. Ironically Himeya was an accidental find for me, but that is now one of my favorite sites. Their prices make me go :shock: sometimes, but they are dependable.

That was around the time I switched to not caring if I could understand it all completely. So I've been getting by using the text hooker method paired with my limited japanese knowledge. It's a shame I felt that in my 3rd semester, I was not getting as much out of the class as I used to, or I would still be taking it. I am waiting now to get Heisig's new book when it is released sometime at the end of May to pick back up trying to learn kanji. The classes don't offer enough immersion to get more than past basic speaking levels to me, and they never focused on being able to read past the kana. The hundred or so kanji I know I learned through self drilling. I hear a lot of good thing's about the Heisig method though. At least with all these games I have plenty of practice to look forward to.
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby unclejemima » May 16th, 2007, 5:29 pm

i had been lurking around the mirrormoon site for years, checking once in a while to see if any progress had been made on translation projects. then one day I randomly checked the site, saw that the tsukihime english patch was out, and it changed my life ^_^
unclejemima
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to General Chat