Introductions Thread

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 9th, 2008, 5:41 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Um... Sorry to go out of thread abit. but...
People like Taka and Ryuu i've definitely seen, and md around.. Phib on the BattleMoon Wars thread about translations. I think i've seen ArchD around when i first got here.

But i dont think i've seen the others around, at least i dont remember them.. much... So i guess is that page not updated? Or do most of the mods rarely get into the forums.. Unless its official duty of course.
Hmm.. Do I sound abit rude and ignorant? Forgive me if this really sounded like that.. Im just trying to making sure.

But in all honesty? I thought that you -[J1N]-... was a mod as well.. That was BEFORE i checked out the list...

OH! And i forgot to mention Xev.. Who can ever forget widdle Fluffy, destroyer of worlds...

This is from what I've observed since I've been here:

Taka posts occasionally, but browses quite often. He doesn't seem to join in general discussions, unless it's a very broad topic (such as 'what anime are you watching', etc). He responds to posts which only mm staff would know about sometimes.

Ryuu also visits the forums regularly, but I can't really see a pattern in his posts -- he posts randomly. He joins in serious discussions.

Phib joins in once in a while, and sometimes responds to easily answered questions (usually very quickly after the person posts).

ArchD posts.... Wait, he's a mod?

Message visits most often of all other mods, and is usually the person who sets up the bans and warnings, being on the most and all. (puKKa does bans as well, but often locks threads instead). I hadn't heard from him for a while (though he might've posted in a spoiler thread of F/SN or a Uta thread, sorry I don't read those). He often answers questions from posters, or gives some advice (or warnings :lol: ).

md comes and goes, and joins in a lot of conversations.

About other mods... I haven't seen them on in a while either. Some I've never seen post yet, and some used to. chendo rarely posts, but when he does it's a ban or announcement.

These are basically the 'behavior' patterns I've picked up over the year since I joined. Don't take them as fact, because they are anything but that.

Oh and about me, no, I'm no mod :lol: . I'm just horrible with typing on the keyboard -- everything comes out in a way I didn't want it to, or my sentences always seem to be read the wrong way, which causes a lot of trouble for other people. Well, I also stalk this forum quite a bit, which might be why you think so.

Sorry for getting off-topic. I'll repeat myself by saying everything here is not fact, and may well be dead wrong. Hope this helps you a bit though, inferno.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Red Hairdo » May 10th, 2008, 9:25 pm

I'm new here as well, I hope you don't mind my interferance. :)

I joined here by "luck". I was a Visual Novel fan since I played Famicom Detective Club Part II in english for SNES.
Also I'm an addicted Smash Bros. player who loves competitive games in general, and a friend told me about Melty Blood.
In another board, another guy has told me how good Melty Blood was, as well its related game Tsukihime.
I found Mirror Moon then, and after getting at many endings of Tsukihime, now I'm sure I became one hell of a TYPE-MOON fan. xD

So, good to see you all and stuff. =] I hope I'm not much of a burden. :wink:
Red Hairdo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sovietmisaki » May 12th, 2008, 10:45 pm

hello people! I happen to be one who lurks on the internet most of the time, though I haven't really gotten into visual novels yet.. though I have been a fan of anime since at least 1998, and of manga since January of 2001 which means I could probably be considered an oldbie cause I sort of started around the time Digimon started showing on Fox kids (long before 4kids screwed up the block) I've been lurking around here for a couple of months abeit somewhat sparingly as I spend alot of time on /a/ amongst other things.
I happen to listen to alot of video game music, which some may consider weird, though I have been defining myself as weird for years, along with Old School Hip Hop. I happened to have garnered an interest in Jpop starting in around 2005/ 2001-2002 if my opinion changes. Adding to my supposed weirdness i happen to look for traditional German and Russian traditional folk songs and military marching songs sometimes (sort of leading me to get both "Horst Wessel Leid" and the national anthem of the Soviet Union (circa 1977) onto my computer. I do listen to some rock/metal groups though not nearly as much as alot of other people know (not enough usage of the turntables :P ) I do have to note that I got most of the songs featured in the LotR trilogy (abeit DRM encoded, might have to borrow the CD's from the library to try it again without the DRM ) eh, what can I say? I got 2,200+ songs to keep track of.
I also happen to be kind of proficient in origami as well, stemming from a time before I got really addicted to anime and manga as I got a couple of origami books in my book collection. my briskly growing manga collection happens to threaten to overtake the increasingly small self space i have left in my room :o the fact that my younger sister is starting to get in to the habit of purchasing yaoi manga doesn't really help either :shock: (I might explain on this later) well there's my intro, I hope I get used to this place soon
sovietmisaki
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Najica » May 21st, 2008, 12:05 pm

hello everyone ^^;
uh..i have no idea what to write....uguu~
Well, i joined this forums because i like visual novels & forums.
Currently a student and will be for quite a while, live in sweden...
Been watching anime and reading manga for a while...
Najica
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby fayzai » July 7th, 2008, 3:33 pm

hi everyone =) I've actually been following mirror moon for the past 2 years, but never found the need to create an account for both the home page and forums until pretty recently. Since mirror moon has been releasing a lot of projects recently, and topics got varied and interesting, I decided "why not join?" so I did XD As for how I got here...

my friend introduced me to the anime "Fate/Stay Night" as soon as it came out and since he and I have about the same tastes, I decided to watch it. Soon after, it's a story everyone's heard many times =P I got interested, found out there was a visual novel for it, and found mirror moon! From the mirror moon site, I found out about type-moon and mainly tsukihime =) from then on, it was obsessive VN reading for me XD
fayzai
Might just like this board

Unread postby Jatts » July 21st, 2008, 1:10 am

Hello everyone! I came across this site when looking for an English translation for Melty Blood. I was introduced to TYPE-MOON games by a friend who has pretty much every game by them, lol. About two years ago he wanted me to get into Tsukihime but I didn't care for it at first, then I found out there was an anime based off it so I decided "Why not, I guess I'll watch." After I finished, I thought it was great and decided to try out Tsukihime (which I found to be way better then the anime). After Tsukihime, I tried out the Melty Blood games and fell in love with the series and that's pretty much it lol. I haven't gotten into F/SN yet... at all... but I plan too eventually, since I heard good things. After experiencing these great games, I decided to join the forum here and well... here I am! :)

Oh yeah I guess I should tell you other things I'm interested in, right? Well I'm a REALLY big fan of the Command & Conquer series, because I love RTS games, and simply because of the unique and over the top storylines! I also like the Hitman series as well...
Last edited by Jatts on August 6th, 2008, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » July 21st, 2008, 1:35 am

Welcome. Glad to see more people on the forums.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 21st, 2008, 1:39 am

Jatts wrote:Oh yeah I guess I should tell you other things I'm interested in, right? Well I'm a REALLY big fan of the Command & Conquer series, because I love RTS games, and simply because of the unique and over the top storylines! I also like the Hitman series as well...

Command and conquer...?
I haven't ever heared of that one but I like the hitman series too.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » July 21st, 2008, 2:19 am

zweiterversuch wrote:Command and conquer...?

what? You can't be serious... >_>
Does Red Alert ring a bell??

@Jatts: F/SN is great IMO, but many people hate Shirou (the main character)...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 21st, 2008, 2:33 am

You can't be serious?? What age are you living at?! C&C General? C&C Red Alert??!! Ring a bell??

I'm not a big fan of the series myself, I still occasionally play them sometimes, though...

@ All Newcomers: Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay.... :D
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 21st, 2008, 6:43 am

I'm also very surprised at this. I'm no fan of C&C series, I stick mostly to SC for no reason in particular, but it's common knowledge among gamers world wide. If you like RTS you may want to check them out.

I thought that this thread was pretty much dead. I never really posted here to introduce myself :P
Well, welcome. That's all I can think of saying.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 21st, 2008, 1:03 pm

abscess wrote:

I'm also very surprised at this. I'm no fan of C&C series, I stick mostly to SC for no reason in particular, but it's common knowledge among gamers world wide. If you like RTS you may want to check them out.

Those RTS games you talk about...are those like Age of Imperies or Warcraft?
Is C&C like that? With knights and Armies and castles?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » July 21st, 2008, 1:10 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Those RTS games you talk about...are those like Age of Imperies or Warcraft?
yes, just like that. the difference is, c&c (red alert, generals, and tiberium wars) series uses modern warfare in their gameplay.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_and_conquer
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Jatts » July 21st, 2008, 6:27 pm

Thank you all for the warm greetings! :D
Last edited by Jatts on August 6th, 2008, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby The_OPO_Man » July 31st, 2008, 2:25 pm

I guess that this is where I should introduce myself.

I first heard of mirror moon when they were working on Tsukihime.
And I started to follow mirror moon when they started working on Fate\stay night.

I never registered until now because I didn?t think of it as necessary however a friend of mine thought that it was weird that I hang out on a forum that I am not even a member of. So I thought I might as well become one.

So that's me and now I think I should say something like "Hi everybody" since this is my first post.
And btw those C&C games sure are fun though.
The_OPO_Man
Totally hardly posted

Hello

Unread postby tapio91 » July 31st, 2008, 3:00 pm

Hi, I guess I shall introduce myself.
so shortly...
I am, the celtic God Tapio, the one who rule the forest.
I am the fire that burns in the soul of the living.
I am the one who made it all, the one too claim it.
Shortly I am Your god! and my wish is your command.
________
seriously, I am a Dude thats mess around allot, dont belive all i say, it's probably not true(at least in this post) so don't get mad by my high overrated opinion about my self. Have a great time!

Ps. sorry for my bad grammar and spelling, if you cant find anny mistakes here you will find it in the next, or after that.
tapio91
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby inferno_flamex » July 31st, 2008, 3:10 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Those RTS games you talk about...are those like Age of Imperies or Warcraft?

/Facepalm
/Facetabletop
/Facewall

Thank god my lab partner did not saw your post...
For those of you who have no idea what kind of person he is... Here's just a short info on him...

Sound file that is played when he turns on his laptop: "King Raptor... We rule the skies!"

~~~~

On the other hand...

Welcome all new members to the forums!
Hope you guys enjoy your stay here...
Its good to see more who enjoyed the world of FSN!

Oh.. And @OPO_Man...
WTF did you do to your postcount dude? -__-
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby The_OPO_Man » July 31st, 2008, 4:10 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Oh.. And @OPO_Man...

Well...as if it was the only logical thing I could think of I used my "Mystic eyes of binary visualization" combined with my epic haxXor skillz to HaXx the forum in order to increase my post count :P

Well to be honest there were an error when I posted my first post.
And there you go 16777215 posts in less than a second. I actually do not know how it happened or if anyone care enough to fix it however it is kind of cool to have 16777215 posts though :)
The_OPO_Man
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby tapio91 » July 31st, 2008, 7:17 pm

The_OPO_Man wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Oh.. And @OPO_Man...

Well...as if it was the only logical thing I could think of I used my "Mystic eyes of binary visualization" combined with my epic haxXor skillz to HaXx the forum in order to increase my post count :P

Well to be honest there were an error when I posted my first post.
And there you go 16777215 posts in less than a second. I actually do not know how it happened or if anyone care enough to fix it however it is kind of cool to have 16777215 posts though :)

Epic that ypu got more posts there is in the forum^^
(WOHO, can use links now!)
tapio91
Into 17 Pieces

Previous

Return to General Chat