Introductions Thread

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Inverted » February 19th, 2008, 4:47 pm

Hello and belated greetings!
Like most forumites I too was lurking for about 4 months joining.
Like most guys I got into Type-Moon works due to F/SN anime.Then found about Tsukihime and became a Type-Moon addict.
I must thank you guys in mirror moon for all your hard work.You guys are doing an excellent job.
I joined for the stupidest of reasons, to advance the plot of "What to do" in fan-fiction,though myself am blank of ideas now.
Incidentally Fate/Stay Night was my first Visual Novel and I loved it. After anime I was surprised it was an eroge. Not that I mind though. :)

Note: Please forgive me for my grammar , it sucks.

EDIT:@Message:sorry for mistake :oops: It has been corrected.
Last edited by Inverted on February 19th, 2008, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Unlimited_Blade_Works » February 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm

Hello everyone, haven't made a topic here yet, well anyways I'm just your random lurker who joined after lurking for a year. xD Thank you guys for your work on Tsukihime, Fate and now Utawarerumono the best VN I've played. Well, besides those I've only played Wind and Ever17 but still thanks. :D
Unlimited_Blade_Works
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » February 19th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Inverted wrote:I must thank you guys in Mirror Moon for all your hard work.You guys are doing an excellent job.

You grammar is just fine, now if you could also get the spelling of our name right it'd be entirely good.

Welcome to the boards, new guys and girls.

Unread postby Donvermicelli » February 19th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Hiyas to everyone on the boards, just a little about me:
I'm a big fan of manga and anime and also of visual novels,
my fav type of anime are those along the lines of Deathnote, CodeGeass, Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto and probably Ghost in the shell.
I currently live in The Netherlands but I plan on moving to Japan in a couple of years.
My favorite passtime is creating games and (attempting) manga drawings.

Short and sweet I guess, if you want to know annything else feel free to ask.
Donvermicelli
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 25th, 2008, 11:05 pm

:shock:

I didn't know we have such a thing.

Well
I am Zweiterversuch and I am trying to understand the Nasuverse.
I try to post things even though I don't understand them at all.
Thank you guys
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby LionheartD » February 26th, 2008, 9:20 am

Hello everyone and mirror moon staff. Big thanks for all the hard work you put into your translations for us :D

Well a friend recommended F/SN the anime to me watch that; enjoyed it. Later I learned it had a game (first time I've experienced a visual novel, got it and thanks to you guys I was able to enjoy it now patiently waiting for UBW's patch. I've also started to look up Tsukihime and Melty Blood so now I'm a general Type Moon fan.

Been lurking here a while thought I might as well sign up eventually so here I am.
LionheartD
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SPerson » February 26th, 2008, 10:41 am

F/SN the anime

enjoyed it

No hard feelings, but I suddenly feel sorry for you.
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Caineth » February 26th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Been here for awhile now (around a year, maybee more) and finaly decided to say Hi.

I got into Fate/Stay Night by watching the anime as it was released and subbed, started watching by the time episode 12 came out. Once the anime was finished I wanted more and started digging. I found out about the game and next thing I knew I was here at mirror moon.

Anyways, I have now played Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night (eagerly awaiting UBW) and Utasomethingorother. So thanks a ton mm!
Caineth
Addict

Unread postby Gram49 » February 26th, 2008, 8:01 pm

Is it me or are the mirror moon staff kinda anal about the way people spell mirror moon with capital letters at the beginning. Anyways, i appreciate all the hard work the Mirror Moon staff is putting into this :P
Gram49
Addict

introduction

Unread postby eternal flare » March 6th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Hello there, I've been lurking for a while after finally decided to join
the forum.^_^ BTW, this board is feeling quite comfortable.
eternal flare
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Solune » March 8th, 2008, 9:23 am

I find it amusing after reading the posts in this thread that I feel exactly the same way as other posters.
But it is very reassuring that the forums are a great place to visit during spare time.
And the people are friendly. :D
Solune
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NekoShell21 » March 9th, 2008, 9:34 am

o_o Hello. I've been a lurker here for a year now.. Or at least, ever since a friend gave me a link to the Fate route patch for F/SN.
<3 I didn't sign up until an hour ago(4am. Am I weird?). Just wanted to say hi to fellow mirror moon and Type-Moon fans. :3
NekoShell21
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sekai » March 15th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Hello there! Like most people here, I've "lurked" the main site for quite a while now, and I thought it would be fun to post here once in a while to see how the TYPE-MOON world is doing. :D

I actually heard about Melty Blood on another forum, and, of course, I decided to try it out. At the moment I started playing, I really couldn't escape from its cast of unique characters and extremely fun battle system that I did not usually find in the fighting game genre. After the translation patch for Melty Blood was released, I completed Story mode; and believe me, it was really interesting.

So, after a few days, I got Tsukihime and ... well, you know what happened: My life was stolen by TYPE-MOON. At the time, I wasn't sure if I should join the forum; however, I got more and more interested on how it would be really interesting to hear other peoples' opinion on certain things, and how people won't go "Wha?" when you talk about a route in Kagetsu Tohya. :P

I'm playing F/SN at the moment, waiting for the UBW patch. (But I'm not in a hurry to get it; please take your time, MM, I'm sure you'll do a great job, like with all of your other translations.)

And, for some odd reason, this forum doesn't allow you to post the dash symbol (not the hyphen), replaces it with a "?", and goes into a "Debug" screen. Is this an error on my side? Or has the forum had errors like these?
Sekai
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby yud1 » April 5th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I have been a fan of TYPE-MOON's work for a while now. I've finished reading (or should it be 'playing'? :roll: ) Tsukihime a while back, it was the first visual novel I read. a job very well done by mirror moon staffs. ;)

aside from Tsukihime, I found that Fate (the anime adaptation though) was interesting, but perhaps I'll have to pending the read until the patch for Heaven's Feel is done. I dearly wish that mirror moon will not drop the project (at any rate, please don't! :shock: ) until its completion. a wish of a fan if you would grant, that is.

so what is it... I've heard about mirror moon since quite long ago, but it just recently that I decided to go to the forum. I'm into TYPE-MOON's goods, and aside from Fate and Tsukihime, I'm also into Kara no Kyoukai and Melty Blood. still waiting for Rakkyo movie though, perhaps a fan-subbed version. my Japanese is still at no good... I'm still learning though.

...ah, anyway. right now I'm also into Bootfighter Windom XP. it rocks. :o
yud1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby skullreken » May 7th, 2008, 2:57 pm

Hi I'm Skullreken
I'm a huge fan of F/SN and thats what lead me here
I got hooked from the moment I saw the discussions going on at the fate forum
I'm studying science in college and I'm a huge fan of rpg's anime ancient mythology and music
I like different styles of music but my fave is metal
I play the bagpipes and bass guitar for my band McGalligog
at the moment we are preparing for the final of a competition to win a recording contract
we have a myspace if anyome is interested http://www.myspace.com/mcgalligog
anyway thats enough about me I've met some of you already and look forward to meeting more
see you on the forums
kanu fanboy and proud of it!
skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 8th, 2008, 3:24 am

Whoops.. Double post... Gomen!
Last edited by inferno_flamex on May 8th, 2008, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 8th, 2008, 3:36 am

Eh?? We have an intro thread? XDD

I didnt know that...

Ah oh well... Guess its alright to 'introduce' myself now since im already here... But i believe the fact that im already quite a regular here wouldnt make much diff. Considering that i've already gotten myself to ba a Crack Addic! :lol:

Anyway.. Time to make it official...

Yo! I'm inferno_flamex... Or Inferno for short. Im a guy that loves to joke around, alot... So please forgive me if i tend to get.. rowdy... or alittle... perverted... Just an early warning.. LOL

And how i got to this site?

Well.. I went to GameFaqs and posted "F/SN needs an english Translation FAQ!"... And some good bloke linked me to the main site.. It was before Fate route was completed really.. wayyyy before.. I think the staffers only just started on Fate back then..

But how i got myself into the forums?

Well its because of the 'installer' thing for UBW... Somewhere i still believe my first post still existed.

(I think Lolipedo would remember it well, considering i used some Football metophor.. LOL)... But that's in the past now, lets not relight the flame. I've only been a 'main page' guy before that fateful post.. And im glad that i did register to post... I found out that the people here are a nice and funny bunch...

so NICE TO MEET ALL THE NEW REGISTERERS! Welcome to the forums..
Dont worry.. We wont bite... Much...

Unless you're a verry verry hawt loli maid.. Then.. i guess you better get used to all those little bite marks. :lol:

Edit: Oh and a WARNING to all new registers... Remember that 'Mirror Moon' is actually spelled as 'mirror moon'! Or the residential restless spirit called Message will swallow you whole, and spit you back out all saliva-ry and icky and sticky, and poke you in the eye... For not reading properly. ROFL... :twisted:
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » May 8th, 2008, 10:31 am

Inferno wrote:Edit: Oh and a WARNING to all new registers... Remember that 'Mirror Moon' is actually spelled as 'mirror moon'! Or the residential restless spirit called Message will swallow you whole, and spit you back out all saliva-ry and icky and sticky, and poke you in the eye... For not reading properly. ROFL... Twisted Evil

ROFL, that's true though... and that post just made you a highly probable candidate to get "swallow you whole, and spit you back out all saliva-ry and icky and sticky, and poke you in the eye... For not reading properly" :lol:

Inferno wrote:Unless you're a verry verry hawt loli maid.. Then.. i guess you better get used to all those little bite marks.

Who are you kidding?? They'll get the most bites
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 8th, 2008, 12:35 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Edit: Oh and a WARNING to all new registers... Remember that 'Mirror Moon' is actually spelled as 'mirror moon'! Or the residential restless spirit called Message will swallow you whole, and spit you back out all saliva-ry and icky and sticky, and poke you in the eye... For not reading properly. ROFL... :twisted:

Though we all say things like that, people just keep popping up and making the same mistake (a magazine did too, if you guys haven't read about that), it's inevitable :lol: . But it's good to persist, eventually we'll get in into the heads of people...... eventually

Hmm, where has Message been these days? puKKa seems to be quite active these days though, which is good to see ^ ^.

Well anyway, welcome to this forum! (again to skull and a bit late to inferno =P)
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » May 8th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Um... Sorry to go out of thread abit. but...

-[J1N]- wrote:Hmm, where has Message been these days? puKKa seems to be quite active these days though, which is good to see ^ ^.

You know.. Honestly.. Besides these 2.. I only know afew more that are the board mods...

Its shown here right?

groupcp.php?g=3

But out of the ones mentioned here. I've only seen and interacted with a handful of em...

People like Taka and Ryuu i've definitely seen, and md around.. Phib on the BattleMoon Wars thread about translations. I think i've seen ArchD around when i first got here.

But i dont think i've seen the others around, at least i dont remember them.. much... So i guess is that page not updated? Or do most of the mods rarely get into the forums.. Unless its official duty of course.
Hmm.. Do I sound abit rude and ignorant? Forgive me if this really sounded like that.. Im just trying to making sure.

But in all honesty? I thought that you -[J1N]-... was a mod as well.. That was BEFORE i checked out the list...

OH! And i forgot to mention Xev.. Who can ever forget widdle Fluffy, destroyer of worlds...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat