Introductions Thread

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby movingfinger » July 3rd, 2007, 10:40 am

Hello, I'm new here and I just signed up because I'm interested in eroge's English translarion.
それではみなさん、どうじょよろしくおねがいします!
俺の歌を聞け! by Nekki Basara
movingfinger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pierrot » July 3rd, 2007, 5:16 pm

I just joined because I never like to miss the opportunity to make a nuisance of myself (actually, I'm usually too weak hearted to join new forums but I fell in love with the layout... the moon icons! :3).

-----------------The body is a sword.
The blood is iron, the heart of glass.
Over countless battlefields undefeated.
Never once to flee,
And never once to be understood.
Atop the hill of swords she drinks the dregs of victory in her solitude.

Therefore her lifetime held no meaning,
and I’m sure her body was a sword.
Pierrot
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Eriol-kun » July 3rd, 2007, 7:39 pm

I had lurked around the site for quite some time already, and when I read the Tsukihime patch was out, I went out and looked for the game (since I was interested already due to Melty Blood). Once I bought it, I was so impressed with the quality of the patch and of the game that I decided to stop lurking and be more active. That led to the IRC channel too... although at the times I'm there it's usually abandoned, lol.

By the way, welcome to the new people.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » October 5th, 2007, 9:04 am

ahem.. reviving an old topic...
woot its true, so many new faces here...almost everyday now i noticed that we have at least 1 new member!
so...let me say; welcome to the forum, guys!(even though i'm new myself, lol)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » October 5th, 2007, 11:18 am

haderach wrote:I came here 'cause i discovered a few months ago how great visual novels are (through english h-games), then i watched fsn and heard that it was a visual novel and that you guys were translating it. So i came to check things out and heard about tsukime, i tried it..... i loved it :D

WOW O_O EXACTLY the same here, EVERY sentence.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 5th, 2007, 12:23 pm

Wow, we had such thread? :lol:

I joined this forum because I have large interests for anything to do with TYPE-MOON. I found this website after my friend gave me the patch to Tsukihime, and thought this would be the perfect place to share my hobbies ^ ^. Also, this forum's posting speeds are much to my liking, which makes it much easier.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby idontknoW » October 5th, 2007, 1:50 pm

hah, i knew there was an Introduction thread somewhere... thanks to Raitei for the thread resurrection.
new here as well and I must say, such a nice TYPE-MOON community there is..

Hello to everyone out there and to newcomers.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » October 25th, 2007, 6:52 am

yo, we've got lotta new faces here recently..welcome guys!

btw, I forgot to mention the main reason I'm here...well, I joined this forum for my dearest life ambition, that has recently been fulfilled by lolipedofin-senpai :D :D :D

as I've had it fulfilled, now it's time for me to...leave this dear world? no, I'm going to set a new goal :D
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby A.R.C.C. » October 29th, 2007, 2:44 pm

I'd been addicted to Key/Visualarts' stories for a while, with little interest in my experience of anything else. I borrowed Fate on a whim from a friend, got sucked into the very well-defined and and thought-out universe. I've always had a problem with these "hidden realities" because they just don't bother putting down significant thought to deal with how things work outside the protagonist's little bubble. I'm still learning more about Nasu's world that's only seen slightest reference in games, or no reference at all. If you're going to make an alternate reality in the real world that doesn't operate on the known laws of physics, you have to write new laws at the start and glue them together with consistency or your world will collapse. Nasu knows how to suspend disbelief. So after getting sucked into all that, I joined up here.
[font="Verdana"]Wai for Kawasumi Mai![/font]
A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread postby UbeL » November 7th, 2007, 9:20 am

it all started when i was looking for tsukihime english patch, that time i had no idea such thing exist, so i just punched the tag on the search engine hoping to find some and eventually ended up here..
it had been awhile and now i'm attracted to everything that have anything to do with TYPE-MOON...
"Meier may we be this way forever, and
Tell me lover what will become of the others?"
Bones, skin, nails and flesh
On a bed of lack of passion, a medievil consequence
They worry you with all the talk of how you're not their kind
UbeL
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ShikiXNanaya » November 20th, 2007, 2:14 am

I came because I've gotten into Melty Blood and so I went and bought Act Cadenza PC. While I was searching around Wikipedia for more background info on Melty Blood they said there was a completed english patch. So as I followed the link I found out it was for the original Melty Blood. But when I heard news of an Act Cadenza patch I joined the site waiting for it. I've recently bought Tsukihime so that I could play out the storyline. I can't wait for Actress Again and I'm also going to Tokyo Game Action on the 24th for a Melty Blood ranking battle. I'm still a noob at the game but I like challenges.
ShikiXNanaya
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 26th, 2007, 8:48 am

Thread renamed as requested.

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 28th, 2007, 7:55 am

Ahem, just in case some of you missed this, this'll now be the introductory thread! Rather than popping up outta nowhere, I figured it'd be nice for all of us if you'd introduce yourself instead and tell us you exist ^ ^.

Some things you could write about could be:

1. A nice introduction (say hi, state hobbies, etc. Make it glorious!)
2. What brings you to this fabulous forum, BOASTING with people ready to reply in an instant (exaggerated for maximum effect)
3. What TYPE-MOON games you've tried thus far (or similar).
4. Whatever else you'd like (appropriate of course)

And... That's about it... For the new people, welcome on behalf of everyone here (if I have that authority).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 1:46 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:...and tell us you exist ^ ^.

Well, hi there :)

Just to let you know, I exist.
As a creator of another thread, similar to this one, -[J1N]- told me about this one.
Thanks ^_____^

Anyway, the reason I'm here, is that I downloaded a stepmania file of F/SN's second opening.
I got curious, google'd the term, and watched the anime.
After some more time, I found out there was a game, and an entire translating site for those games.
That's pretty much how I got here.

So thanks StepMania :3

I hope I'll see you guys more often
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 20th, 2008, 12:31 am

Hello. I've known about this place for a while ever since I came to download the Fate/ Stay Night patch. I had been lurking for a while but decided to join because it seemed to be a nice place to talk about TYPE-MOON games. I've played through all of Tsukihime and the Fate route of Fate/ Stay Night, and I'm eagerly awaiting the patch for UBW. Currently listening to EMIYA.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zeldaevolution » January 23rd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Hello, I've been on this site a few days ago...
I didn't know that there was a forum, so I registered right away...
I only play Kagetsu Tohya so I somewhat can't relate to Tsukihime except for the anime.
I watched Fate/Stay Night too, aired on TV.
Didn't know too that there was a patch for Kagetsu Tohya but I just googled for English version/patch then I found this and VisualNews too... too bad visualnews didn't came back until now...
Things won't get better if you kept in them to yourself... or...
Thing won't be better too much if you're saying it and people won't listen to you... even though you have no lies...
zeldaevolution
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Winnuting » January 24th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Greetings from Winnuting, (THATS ME! 8) )

I was going to start a new post to say hello but then I saw this one! I'm not much of a "start a new topic cause I can" type of a person so...

Hello!

I have been coming to this site since around the time the first Fate/stay night patch came out. I've only just recently signed up to be able to post comments on the main site and now I thought it was time to join the forums to talk to other people who like what Mirror Moon do!

So about my journey to Mirror Moon...
1) Saw clip of FSN on Youtube.
2) Watched anime.
3) Found out it had a game.
4) Found game.
5) Needed a patch.
6) Found Mirror Moon.

extra notes: When I found out it was a game I was told it was a hentai game. After watching the anime I wasn't sure but I got the game all the same. It was the first visual novel i've ever played and I have to say I was very surprised at how much I loved it. I play alot of FPS and RTS games, but weekends I spent full days playing FSN.

FSN is the only visual novel i've played so far but I watch a lot of anime (something like 140gig on my hard drive)

um thats all for now. It's pretty late here so im sure i'll come back later today and see how much i've been rambling.
Fight The New World Order!
Winnuting
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 25th, 2008, 8:02 am

Winnuting wrote:6) Found Mirror Moon.

The name is mirror moon, not Mirror Moon. But welcome either way. :)

Unread postby Winnuting » January 25th, 2008, 9:09 am

Message wrote:
Winnuting wrote:6) Found Mirror Moon.

The name is mirror moon, not Mirror Moon. But welcome either way. :)

I see. It's just a habit putting names in caps. :)
Fight The New World Order!
Winnuting
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ida » February 19th, 2008, 8:45 am

Hello! I'm very new here also. Like some of you who have been lurking around for a while I have also. Just never really felt compelled to sign up since I hate signing up for things.

Since we're telling each other why we first joined the forums I'll tell my story too. Tsukihime (the anime) was actually one of the first anime I've ever watched and it happened to be shown to me by a friend when it first came out. I was amazed because I read a lot of books, mostly short stories and such and thought the quality of the story was just very impressive. I found out about the game, went and bought a copy off of ebay for tremendous amounts of money, downloaded the translations here, and voila! I was interested in the forums.

Secondly, I am a writer. I write mostly short stories and at the time was still in high school. I think I read some of the fan-fic in one of the forum sections and after hours of wasted study time in favor of anime watching binges, decided it wouldn't be a bad idea trying my hand at a visual novel/anime/manga what have you. So i'm posting a story (one scene at a time) under the fan-fic section in hopes of seeing how people with similar tastes as mine like it.

Most importantly I think that you guys who are running mirror moon/revolve are doing a fine freaking job with the translations. Seriously couldn't ask for more!

My 2 cents,
Ida
Ida
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat