English doujin visual novels

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

English doujin visual novels

Unread postby miszou » April 26th, 2007, 7:09 am

Are there any English created doujin visual novels?

Since there are so many doujin groups outside Japan, I wondered if any of them maybe made a visual novel, or maybe a Japanese group that decided to make one in English (although that chance seems a lot slimmer XD).

Anyone knows of a English circle that's involved with visual novels? Or an English doujin visual novel?
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Flamby » April 26th, 2007, 7:25 am

I don't know about english visual creator, but somes japanese has been released in USA, but i think you already know about that.
If you are interested i can make you a list of the ones i found... but they aren't so many and a lot are just pr0n games but there are somes goods in my mind :).

But it seems to me i have heard about an english group that have released an Visual Novel maker. It like the RPG maker Program. I think you could found totally english novels made by fan but personnaly i dont expect a great quality of theses games if it's like the RPG Maker community which really a few goods games when i was using it.

http://www.bladeengine.com/
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » April 26th, 2007, 7:31 am

There are many so-called Original English Language visual novels, but out of the few I've dared to play I personally found only one that offered a story of quality, namely the Echoes of Thunder demo. The best place to start is http://renai.us/ , it has a decent number of OELs ready for download and they host the Lemma Soft Forums which are the place to be where OELs are concerned.

Edit: The Blade Engine is probably the worst example of VN engines supporting English... Ren'Py is much better. Heck, even ONScripter is better! O_o

Unread postby Flamby » April 26th, 2007, 9:08 am

Message wrote:Edit: The Blade Engine is probably the worst example of VN engines supporting English... Ren'Py is much better. Heck, even ONScripter is better! O_o

Ok lol... That's just one i found while surfing on the web. I really don't know about it lol.
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby miszou » April 26th, 2007, 9:17 am

Ah tnx :D If I have some time I can just try out a few.

Like you said, I don't suspect them to be that good, but I'm curious to some fan made VN's.

If anyone has some good experience with at least one (echoes of thunder note ^^) let me know :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » April 26th, 2007, 10:12 am

Message wrote:Edit: The Blade Engine is probably the worst example of VN engines supporting English... Ren'Py is much better. Heck, even ONScripter is better! O_o

Damn, you beat me to saying it.

Don't know of any western-world makers though.

Actually, I'm in the pre-planning stages of creating one. Does that count?
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby miszou » April 26th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Hyperbeast wrote:
Actually, I'm in the pre-planning stages of creating one. Does that count?

well let me know if you have more info about your project ;) I'd be happy to read about it :]

I was thinking that maybe in a few years I want to write a story for one, maybe :] As for now I'd just like to observe lot's of work, professional and amateur ^^. When I get back home finally, I'd have some time (or rather, a pc) to play trough the ones that interest me :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » May 14th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Well, considering it's actually a bit further along now *thanks to my co-leader who's really more of a leader than I am's initiative in setting a deadline* I guess it won't be too embarrassing to post it now.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/THs_Project_ ... p?act=site

Two things: Please do not talk about how this is going to take a lot of work. I know that.
Secondly, I will not reveal what the TH's part of the title means.

But yeah, if you were wondering, you can now see for yourself.
Last edited by Hyperbeast on May 15th, 2007, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atvaark » May 14th, 2007, 5:49 pm

cheers for onscripter!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xavier » May 20th, 2007, 7:45 pm

Message wrote:There are many so-called Original English Language visual novels, but out of the few I've dared to play I personally found only one that offered a story of quality, namely the Echoes of Thunder demo. The best place to start is http://renai.us/ , it has a decent number of OELs ready for download and they host the Lemma Soft Forums which are the place to be where OELs are concerned.

Edit: The Blade Engine is probably the worst example of VN engines supporting English... Ren'Py is much better. Heck, even ONScripter is better! O_o

I searched the site you posted and, DAMN, the games there have some of the ugliest drawing in history.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Komet » May 22nd, 2007, 1:32 am

Only group I know of is http://abstractnonsense.info/?page_id=7. They're nothing impressive, only know about them because they're taking on Damaged Goods.
Komet
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat