thanks guys

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

thanks guys

Unread postby D3STRUCTOR » April 20th, 2007, 4:56 am

I just felt like saying this to let you know that we are all grateful for your dedication, hardwork, and support. What you guys are doing here could well have the power to effect the world, maybe several years from now visual novels could be common in not just Japan because of you and people-like-you's work. I know for sure that if it wasn't for you and Tsukihime i probably would never have gotten into this genre. 1 person tels 2 people they tell 2 people etc. and I am pretty sure I am not the only one. So for all the unspoken voices, I think I can speak for us all when I say,

Thanks Guys.
D3STRUCTOR
Totally hardly posted

Re: thanks guys

Unread postby TakaJun » April 26th, 2007, 5:21 am

D3STRUCTOR wrote:maybe several years from now visual novels could be common in not just Japan because of you and people-like-you's work. I know for sure that if it wasn't for you and Tsukihime i probably would never have gotten into this genre. 1 person tels 2 people they tell 2 people etc. and I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

Thanks for the support! We really appreciate it!
What you said is the exact reason I'm translating... So I can drag people into this dark hobby share how great visual novels are!
TakaJun

Unread postby miszou » April 26th, 2007, 7:04 am

and happy we are to be dragged in showed how great visual novels are :D

I agree with destructor, thanks to projects like this people can finally see what visual novels are really about. In the west people tend to think these games are weird and all, but no one really played them!

Although I doubt the games will ever come to the west (at least not in this form :P) people can at least enjoy them the way they are supposed to be (which means reading the story instead of just watching the piccies ^^)
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 26th, 2007, 7:43 am

Here, here!
I mean I've shown up here because I have incredible respect and gratitude for you professionals!
Since I discovered Visual Novels last year, Type Moon has been near the top of my radar ;)
A sincere thanks for what you've done thus far; I love to try to get people into VNs~

Arigato Gozaimashita!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sparky » April 26th, 2007, 7:48 am

I just wish we could show them there might be a market in the west, so costs would go down on the imports :?

Alas, the massive downloads of the ones that are brought over does not help... I own three! help the cause! :P Shame these three got nothing on anything they got over there... though I do not have Kana Little Sister yet... the name threw me off but I've heard enough to make me get it when I have the funds =/
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby GenericSuperhero » July 7th, 2007, 7:48 am

in case one more thanks does any good, thanks a lot for your work:D

The Tsukihime anime was revolutionary for me and remains one of my favorite romances (of course it became much better after playing the game). When I looked up the game and saw you were just finishing translating it, I really felt like it was a miracle, and it was truly a great thing to be able to play the entire game, which was obviously even better and more immersive than the anime. But it's not just that you translated the game that I appreciate. Your English and Japanese are apparently really excellent, because your translation, though I can't say I know how the game was originally written, was art itself. I was extremely pleased at the immersive and artistic quality of the translation; I was really able to feel the the story (once i got used to the artwork:D). That's certainly not something that a second rate translator can accomplish. The patch worked beautifully and everything was so well edited and integrated that I felt like the English version was the original. And yes, I'm one of those weird immersionists like those folks who spas out and sometimes even orgasm while listening to opera. Except that I don't do that. And I'm not crazy about opera.

Anyway, the Fate route release was just as pleasing, and I enjoyed the story similarly to Tsukihime, though it was a bit different in style. I'll be getting Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood asap and I'm sure the quality of those translations will be just as good. I really appreciate what you guys are doing; those two releases have directly and indirectly entertained me for 100+ hours (as i've also read some related things because of them). I don't remember how much time I spent on Tsukihime, but my FSN game counter informs me that I've spent 28 of the past 48 hours playing the Fate route, and I've just now finished my first run. I'll probably spend another few days in the afterglow, reminiscing in a half immersed state.

Thank you again. I'm really looking forward to the releases of Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel, from what I've (i shouldn't have) inevitably read about them, the other stories promise to be just as romantic, and you're of the few people capable of producing a translation that allows them to remain that way.
GenericSuperhero
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat