What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 23rd, 2007, 6:35 pm

I've seen the Koi Kaze anime. It was pretty good, but I wish they had included certain aspects of the manga (I can't remember if they showed when the two slept together or the marriage bit but one or the other was missing---it's been a while so I hope you'll forgive me). It's a powerful drama as long as the incest element doesn't disturb you to much.

Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dectilon » May 23rd, 2007, 8:02 pm

I basically hang around shinsen's website and grab anything that looks interesting. As for now the only series I'm watching seriously are Blood+ and Darker than Black.
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"

Chetyre
Addict

Unread post by Chetyre » May 23rd, 2007, 11:53 pm

I marathoned Gakuen Alice, though college has kept me from finishing it, currently at episode 20 something
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu

joddo
Totally hardly posted

Re: .......

Unread post by joddo » May 24th, 2007, 4:41 am

Impractic_Shiki wrote:I've seen the Koi Kaze anime. It was pretty good, but I wish they had included certain aspects of the manga (I can't remember if they showed when the two slept together or the marriage bit but one or the other was missing---it's been a while so I hope you'll forgive me). It's a powerful drama as long as the incest element doesn't disturb you to much.
I read the manga right after watching the anime myself, and yeah, the marriage scene was left out. Obviously some other scenes were also left out or portrayed differently, but I'd say that the main difference in between the two is that the anime concentrates more on Koshiro's side of things while the manga tells us more about Nanoka. As such they supplement each other very nicely. In fact, anyone who watches Koi Kaze and likes it should also read the manga since it shows some of the things in a completely different way, while still being very much the same story.

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » May 24th, 2007, 8:20 am

X-Calibar wrote: Before that... I think I saw Texhnolyze, which was ... graphically awesome, I just didn't ever get too attached to that dark world... and that ending/// shazbot!
Heh. I haven't met too many people that got past the kind of awkward beginning. I actually ended up liking Texhnolyze a lot... but yeah... the ending... wow.

Right now, I'm watching Romeo x Juliet, Lucky Star, and Hayate no Gotoku.

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » May 24th, 2007, 11:18 am

i'm rewatching my old series again...ah, good memories:
vandread and vandread second stage.

wish they'd make more of this.

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 27th, 2007, 5:40 pm

You could always read the Vandread manga. It's only one volume.

Basically a Dita x Hibiki romance though.

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » May 28th, 2007, 1:02 pm

i could. is it available in english or french? or will i have to find it online?

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 29th, 2007, 12:21 pm

It was translated by a group into English. Should be online yet.

http://www.rippersanime.com/index.php?page=Manga

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » May 29th, 2007, 6:44 pm

ah, thanks for the info, I'm not sure, but i don't think the ops here will like it if you leave a link to it here...you should remove it before you get a warning.
after all, it still is a kind of piracy...although i guess it's on the same level as making translations of video games...hum, I'm confused now.

Unread post by Message » May 29th, 2007, 8:28 pm

I'm not going to check if this title is licensed. If it is, remove the link please.

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » May 30th, 2007, 4:34 am

well, i can be sure the anime isn't licensed , and after checking at a library near me that specializes in mangas, they have no vandread on their list. so nope, it ain't licensed.

oh, and back to topic, i moved on from vandread to shaman king now.

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 30th, 2007, 2:35 pm

It's a scanlation, and its been there for years. It's not going to be licensed. So I don't see a piracy issue there. >_>

Unread post by Message » May 30th, 2007, 8:37 pm

I am rewatching Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Kill and Hell for what they did to the second season... But I've already seen the ending a long time ago and from what I recall it was good enough. And either way I think Jeanne is one of the best mahou shoujo ever, so all's well and good.

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 30th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Back on topic for me as well:

Having finished Shakugan no Shana,

I've been watching MAR/Marchen Awakens Romance. I'm not really a big shounen anime, but it's one of those I make an exception for. It's airing on Cartoon Network in the US now but it's being butchering as most long-running shounen animes get.

Having just watched an episode with a character who likes to complain about not getting an orgasm unless she kills something. About 10-20 times in 3 episodes, it's one of those---I wonder how they're going to air it all things.

Unread post by Message » May 31st, 2007, 3:35 pm

Impractic_Shiki wrote:I'm not really a big shounen anime...
Ah, only 12 episodes or so? :P

Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Impractic_Shiki » May 31st, 2007, 4:49 pm

It clocks in at 102, actually.

It's just not big in terms of widespread popularity. At least, I don't think it is.

mir
Crack Addic!

Unread post by mir » May 31st, 2007, 6:26 pm

I was looking for the Mai-Hime ps2 game songs the other day and stumbled on the opening theme for Renkin San-kyuu Magical Pokaan. The show, unlike the opening, is a very light comedy full of nonsensical skits and plenty of fanservice. I.e. my type of show. It's about a vampire, warewolf, a cyborg, and a magician living together in a tree house...all underage, all mildly retarded.

Oh and what's up with Hirano Aya appearing in every other anime made over the last few years...it's like we can't get rid of the darn haruhi. She's in magipoka as well playing the vampire Pachira XD

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » May 31st, 2007, 9:23 pm

moved on to lucky star...this one,s a weird shot.look up the opening on youtube, kinda catchy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjEFUY7unks

and pretty hilarious...in it's own way...reminds me of haruhi.

Unread post by Message » May 31st, 2007, 10:34 pm

Atvaark wrote:reminds me of haruhi.
Me too. Same overhype. ;__;