What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Re: What anime are you watching?

Unread postby Sovran » April 3rd, 2010, 5:30 pm

Watching Dyurarara. Am I the only one here who thinks Izaya looks hell of a lot like Nanaya?!
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Watashimo » April 3rd, 2010, 5:46 pm

Durarara is surprisingly better than I originally thought it would be. I'm not sure about Izaya being like Nanaya though.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » April 3rd, 2010, 10:17 pm

Durarara is my favorite show of this year so far.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby exerron » April 5th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Agreed, Durarara(rarara...whatever) is great, even though it's kind of slow, at least story-progression wise.
Watched the first ep of Heroman. Well...it's like the pinnacle of shounen-ness. Old recepie too, but nice graphics. Anyone living in the USA (and have seen the west coast)...is this authentic? It seemed like that to me, expect for the characters, but it IS an anime after all.
Gave a try to Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, because the heroine looked tsundere. It reminds me of Special As, only a bit less of a comedy and more girly. Well it's shoujo. I guess it worths watching a few more episodes at least.
Also watched Angel Beats! It shows great promise, i just hope they won't mess it up. And Yuri seriously reminds me of Haruhi. I'm not the only one either, but that's not such a bad thing, as, seriously, who could hate Haruhi? Anyway, might be the best show this season, though that's a bit early to declare.
I also have plans to try Arakawa Under the Bridge. Seems interesting, if not completely original.
exerron
Might just like this board

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » April 6th, 2010, 7:10 am

Just watched To Love-Ru OVA 6, three short episodes in 20 something minutes.
It feels the same as what they did to the manga, kinda rushed.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby abscess » April 6th, 2010, 7:29 am

FMA:B 51
I liked much better the past op and ed, but seeing an Alphonse about to kick some serious ass makes up for it in this ep.
Got a question: How many episodes do you guys estimate are left until the anime reaches the manga? I'm not following the manga, but I'm afraid the anime will stray and make it's own ending like the first series did.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Tessara » April 6th, 2010, 1:08 pm

abscess wrote:FMA:B 51
I liked much better the past op and ed, but seeing an Alphonse about to kick some serious ass makes up for it in this ep.
Got a question: How many episodes do you guys estimate are left until the anime reaches the manga? I'm not following the manga, but I'm afraid the anime will stray and make it's own ending like the first series did.

Eh, I'd estimate 60-65ish. Thing is, the manga looks like it's wrapping up as well, and my bet is they try to release the last episode of the anime and the last chapter of the manga in the same week.
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby abscess » April 7th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Tessara wrote:Eh, I'd estimate 60-65ish. Thing is, the manga looks like it's wrapping up as well, and my bet is they try to release the last episode of the anime and the last chapter of the manga in the same week.

That sounds logical. I was hoping for something a little longer, but 60-65 eps sound good enough overall.

Arakawa Under the Bridge - ep 1

Ko Ichinomiya is a 21-year-old son of a very wealthy family who lives under the creed of "never relying on anyone else" (or something like that). One day, when a bunch of kids get his pants and hang them on a bridge's pillar, he tries to retrieve them, but the pillar falls down along with him and both fall to the river below. Ko is saved by a mysteryous girl named Nino who assures to be from Venus and who happens to live under that bridge along with the Mayor, who says to be a kappa living on the river, even though he looks like a dude with a kappa suit. Ko, having the family creed drilled into his brain since very early, needs to repay the favor in any way he can, Nino refuses at first but then agrees asking for the guy's love as payment. Most of that, and more stuff, happens in 9 minutes.

My ever useless opinion:
Even though the setting may sound like another romantic or romantic comedy story that is so goddamn sweet that makes your teeth rot even before getting a bite of it where the wealthy dude (or gal) gets the poor chick (or bastard), this appears to be different in that it doesn't take itself seriously; instead (so far) is a full-blow comedy.... Problem is it feels like one frenetic sketch after another and it seems to depend too much on that format to "shock" its audience with "quick funnies" instead of relying on well written scripts, so much so that I'm convinced that the super-sweet teeth-rotting romance was substituted with jokes fast-forwarded almost to the speed of a hamster on coke.

It has a somewhat interesting absurd story and setting but being hit with 4-koma-style gag after gag after gag I'm left wondering if this is yet another of those shows that is intended for a small audience like those moe shows that last season were a dime a dozen. The art and animation are really good though, but so far is the only thing that stands out.... well that and Maaya Sakamoto, or R. Shiki to some.

who knows, maybe I'm just not used to it...

Also, in b-4 "Nino is moe~!" or some garbage like that.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Sovran » April 7th, 2010, 6:34 pm

Watched Senkou no Night Raid. Kind of reminded me about Darker than black. I liked the 1st episode, looking forward to this series.
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 3rd, 2010, 12:36 am

Currently watching K-On!! (yes the second season), and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Tessara » June 8th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Tessara wrote:
abscess wrote:FMA:B 51

Eh, I'd estimate 60-65ish. Thing is, the manga looks like it's wrapping up as well, and my bet is they try to release the last episode of the anime and the last chapter of the manga in the same week.

Not much to add here, but damn, I nailed it. Episode 64 is the last episode, and it airs on July 4th. It'll be good to finally see how the series ends. Been following the manga for a while and wasn't that happy with the old anime's ending.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-08/fma/b-ends-july-4-sengoku-basara-2-starts-july-11
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby MegaLeon » June 14th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Now the word "epic" has a whole new meaning to me.
MegaLeon
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » June 15th, 2010, 12:57 pm

You have finally been exposed to the awesomeness of it. Now watch the movies and feel the same GAR, BUT MORE AWESOME!

And after that, watch Evangelion
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Maes » June 15th, 2010, 7:03 pm

solopy567 wrote:And after that, watch Evangelion

I'm actually rewatching the series after watching 2.22.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby solopy567 » June 16th, 2010, 5:38 am

You must agree that 2.22 was pretty freaking amazing, especially Shinji's new badass level.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 20th, 2010, 8:04 pm

solopy567 wrote:You must agree that 2.22 was pretty freaking amazing, especially Shinji's new badass level.

Oh, do I have my qualms with it...
It's not a bad movie, but some of the changes they made made me uneasy, not to mention Mari who's mostly there to be "HARDKORE and MOE, NIGGA!" which translates directly into merchandise.
abscess

Unread postby Raven » August 4th, 2010, 8:41 pm

ok, soooo................ this thread has been death for sometime, but why is it? I know there has been a significant drop in the traffic ever since the site went down for the transfer, but this thread has never been this death like this summer. Is it because the Summer line up are pretty bad (personally I haven't been able to ditch up anything interesting myself). Or is it because people does not visit anymore? (I still see some of you posting on other topics and forum occasionally).

I'll have 2 free weeks after this so I would like something to fix my anime drive (which haven't got any for a lonnnnnnggggggg time). So common guys, bring the love! At least someone would always post a brochure for the season.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 7th, 2010, 1:02 am

Raven wrote:ok, soooo................ this thread has been death for sometime, but why is it? I know there has been a significant drop in the traffic ever since the site went down for the transfer, but this thread has never been this death like this summer. Is it because the Summer line up are pretty bad (personally I haven't been able to ditch up anything interesting myself). Or is it because people does not visit anymore? (I still see some of you posting on other topics and forum occasionally).

I'll have 2 free weeks after this so I would like something to fix my anime drive (which haven't got any for a lonnnnnnggggggg time). So common guys, bring the love! At least someone would always post a brochure for the season.

I have to agree with this Summer's line up being quite bad. I tried some animes (Dancing in the Vampire bund, The legendary blacksmith, The legend of the legendary heroes...legendary.) and all of them really, really, really bored the hell out of me!
the only reason I watched the legendary blacksmith from beginning to end was this:

Kishi no hokori
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Watashimo » August 8th, 2010, 1:15 am

I agree. There are a few I watch for the sake of something to watch and they are: Nurarihyon no Mago, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Highschool of the Dead, Shiki, Asobi ni Iku Yo, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Amagami-SS. These are in addition to the anime I watch regularly... which at the moment is only Fairy Tail.

That song is pretty amazing too.

I think another reason for the forum to die even more is the release of SC2!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 22nd, 2010, 12:31 pm

You know. I have been watching this anime called "Katanagatari" and I wanted to tell you all how much it sucks.

ok?

IT SUCKS!!!!
You know who long is each episode? approx 50 min!!! 50 MIN!!! and you know how much of that time is really interesting? only 3 to 4 min. Really, no joke.
They just talk...and talk...and talk...and talk...and have flashbacks...and talk...then fight...and talk...more flshbacks...and at the end have some fanservice.

Really, it is just bad.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat