What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » April 6th, 2009, 1:33 pm

This seasons picks:

Full Metal Alchemist 2 - Brotherhood
Valkyria Chronicles
Tears to Tiara
Eden of the East
K-On

and *drumrolls*

Queens Blade *For teh lulz* XD
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO

TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread post by TheRedArcher » April 6th, 2009, 3:42 pm

Ugh... Queen's Blade. I have never before seen such trash for TV in my life.

This season has quite a selection. There are still many series I havent watched yet but so far I really like Cross Game, FMA, and Dragonball Kai (Nostalgia). K-ON! is pretty calm (I love the animation for the OP and the ED) but I think it will get better since it just started the engine and same thing with Phantom and Natsu no Arashi. Saki is kinda boring, especially since I am always comparing it to Akagi in my mind. And Arad Senki and Asura Cryin' are just plain bad. But who knows, it might get better...
I am looking forward to watching Eden of the East, Guin Saga, Basquash, Shangri-La and Valkyria.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » April 6th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Aaah yes Dragon Ball Kai. I was going to watch it but then halfway through the first ep I just wanted to hear the english dub because thats how I grew up with it. They were pretty crappy but I would not have it any other way now. Its just not the same in japanese. Hopefully the same old guys redub this anime as well.

But seriously DBZ remade in HD with widescreen is epic win. Hopefully they shorten the anime though theres room to make it in 100 eps :P

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » April 6th, 2009, 9:33 pm

Pardon my ignorance but, what is DragonBall Kai? Another continuation in the vein of DragonBall GT, a remake or a reimagination of the series?

Edit:
Look what I just found!
► Show Spoiler
I smell Casshern-like movie here, for better or worse.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » April 6th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Its DBZ remastered in HD and widescreen with new va and made to be more like the manga.

teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread post by teiglin » April 7th, 2009, 3:09 am

What I don't get about Queen's Blade is how they got so many big name seiyuu for such a trashy show. It's like, let's get as many recognizable names as we can, add boobs, and everyone will want to watch, right? RIGHT???

K-On! is exactly as expected--KyoAni moeblob overload. Dojikko is doji and cutely innocent, hyper girl is outlandish, ojou-sama has wtf eyebrows??!!, and Mio is uber win. As a corollary to the latter point, the ED is totally awesome.

Hayate no Gotoku!! is also as expected. I enjoyed the first season enough that I'm sure I'll keep watching it.

I find Saki more hilarious than I expected. I don't usually like sports-ish anime since the shounen fight style that they use usually annoys me, but when they apply it to mahjong, it just cracks me up, plus I like playing mahjong. Though I'm still trying to figure out why some girls have typical, unrealistically short skirts and others have actually reasonable skirt lengths. Frankly, the student councilcongress president looks better for having an actual skirt, compared to the scrap of cloth that boobsNodoka wears, since her character design seems to be purely fanservice-based, and which consequently irritates me like the entirety of Rosario+Vampire.

I'm gonna give Pandora Hearts another ep or two before I give up on it. The first ep was pretty slow, but it looks interesting conceptually, so even though everyone else seems to hate it, I'm giving it a shot (at least for now).

I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I'm looking forward to seeing a decent sub of Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S. I <3 Corti.
Kuuya/Fabre wrote:Anyways, I'm going back to watching Koihime Musou and all other ROTK related stuff... (oh anyone here watched Red Cliffs?) or read any of the ROTK stuff too?
While I love Sanguo Yanyi, I couldn't really watch Koihime Musou. Having most of the heroes become girls may work out for an eroge, but it just feels too ridiculous for me to want to watch what is basically an adventure anime, especially considering the extremely conspicuous absence of Liu Bei (whom I understand to be the protagonist in the game). I gave up after three or four episodes.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » April 7th, 2009, 3:24 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:This seasons picks:

Full Metal Alchemist 2 - Brotherhood
Valkyria Chronicles
Tears to Tiara
Eden of the East
K-On

and *drumrolls*

Queens Blade *For teh lulz* XD

WOW!!
WOOOOW!!!
Hold your
... shoes...
buddy!

Full metal Alchemist 2 season!?

but weren't they supposed to be in nazi germany? I mean...that is what happened in the movie...or did I miss something?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Arayashiki

Unread post by Arayashiki » April 7th, 2009, 3:53 am

It's a remake that now more closely follows the Manga

Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Xamdou » April 7th, 2009, 1:44 pm

Wached Kiss on my deity and its kinda wrong in so many ways.....

I mean how can a goddess be a cute girl with a let-me-be-your-wife attitude? So its just another harem anime?

I saw Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen on the new release anime list and it turn out to be a lulz

Now gonna watch Onegai teacher ova :wink:
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » April 7th, 2009, 8:38 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:WOW!!
WOOOOW!!!
Hold your
... shoes...
buddy!

Full metal Alchemist 2 season!?

but weren't they supposed to be in nazi germany? I mean...that is what happened in the movie...or did I miss something?
It's not a sequel, it's a remake. The first series had to split from the original manga storyline at a point because it wasn't finished yet but this new series is supposed to stick to it completely to the end.

On a side note, I'm going to cry like a little bitch when
► Show Spoiler

And if K-ON! continues as it did in episode 1 it'll probably be my favorite show of the season. Mio = win, this is true.
その目だれの目?

exerron

Unread post by exerron » April 8th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Strange, noone mentioned Shangri-La! Char. design by Range Murata (Last Exile) what gives the whole series a unique atmosphere. Anyway, it's very interesting so far, can't wait for the next episode. (It airs on crunchyroll, though I heard, the subtitles are off...could someone who understands the original speech confirm that? Thanks!)
Pandora hearts can become interesting, depending on what happens next...
Asura Cryin' seems to be a big mixture of various elements, but that is not a problem, if it ends up like To Aru Majutsu no Index (it kinda reminds me of that series).
Tears to Tiara seems to be ok, though nothing special.
After one episode of Valkyria Chronicles, I want to play the game.
Sengoku Basara has some annoying points, like how the guy in the blue armor (with 6 swords) has exhaust pipes on his horse and speaks "oh how very macho" english pharses sometimes (with a strong accent, of course, but that is not much of a surprise). During the first episode, it also seemed to exaggerate. A lot. (Hint: Nuclear mushroom cloud...). It's also very hard to understand, what the grand hell is going on...but maybe it's just me...
I want to watch Eden of East.
Queen's Blade seems to be something, that is not ecchi anymore, but is somewhat less, then hentai...it also misses a story, originality and quality so far. I hope this will get better in the second episode...

-Shiki-
Addict

Unread post by -Shiki- » April 10th, 2009, 4:07 pm

me want to watch FMA2..other anime on my list..pretty much depends on what i get my hand on..but one thing is for sure, kojika ni gakki!!! :D thats my top priority..whenever the latest one is out for grabs.. :lol:

CrimsonFox
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by CrimsonFox » April 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm

FLMA 2. Haven't seen the first one, but fortunately it looks like they will give sufficient explanation of who is who. After the first episode I didn't feel like I was left out because I hadn't watched the previous season.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » April 10th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Isn't FMA 2 more of a remake than a second season?

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 10th, 2009, 8:29 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:This seasons picks:

1)Full Metal Alchemist 2 - Brotherhood
2)Valkyria Chronicles

and *drumrolls*

3)Queens Blade *For teh lulz* XD
1) nice, lets see how it ends
2) FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! THE GAME WAS PURE GOLD, LETS SEE HOW THE ANIME MOVES (hoping we dont get a new non-existant title <.<)
3) *watches 1st ep* srsly....wtf was that??? :?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

negum
Crack Addic!

Unread post by negum » April 10th, 2009, 9:40 pm

that one guy wrote:Isn't FMA 2 more of a remake than a second season?
Yes, it is a remake. *points at Mea's post a few post above*
Maes wrote:It's not a sequel, it's a remake. The first series had to split from the original manga storyline at a point because it wasn't finished yet but this new series is supposed to stick to it completely to the end.

On a side note, I'm going to cry like a little bitch when
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » April 10th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Well, I'm watching Chrome Shlled Regios, FMA: Brotherhood(obviously :D ), tears no tiara, Maria+Holic, Kemeko Deluxe and Katekyo Hitman Reborn...

Uh...
I think I'm watching too much...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » April 10th, 2009, 10:13 pm

and

I am watching my feet.

and Hajime no ippon...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » April 11th, 2009, 12:29 am

Just finished Chaos;Head anime, and started playing the game. Both are incredibly confusing until the very end.

Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Xamdou » April 11th, 2009, 12:31 am

Finished Sekirei OVA and currently watching Pandora Hearts

Sekirei is still as ecchi as ever
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."