What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread post by teiglin » March 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

solopy567 wrote:The show couldnt be more realistic. Imagine a group of college students making a HENTAI club and having 3 girls willingly join it (except 1)
It's really not a hentai club; the point is that it's about their diverse otaku-ness, for lack of a better word. They include interest in anime, manga, and video games--all aspects of "modern visual culture"--rather than focusing on a single one like the anime or manga clubs. The fact that they're a bunch of college otaku clearly implies interest in eroge and the like, and
► Show Spoiler
but calling genshiken a hentai club is pretty misleading.

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » March 9th, 2009, 10:39 pm

I really dont know what else to call it other than that or the Major Otaku Club

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » March 11th, 2009, 4:48 am

I just read the Tsukihime manga chapter 57.

:cry: It doesn't matter how many times i read it (or the VN), i just love it. :cry:

Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread post by Kuuya/Fabre » March 11th, 2009, 5:01 am

Atriel wrote:I just read the Tsukihime manga chapter 57.

:cry: It doesn't matter how many times i read it (or the VN), i just love it. :cry:
Yeah, I really enjoy a lot of Type Moon stuff... I hope they actually make a Tsukihime Anime..

*suddenly blanks out, his eyes turns a strange color and a strange music plays in the background*

~Yeah... They... really should make... Tsukihime...Anime... They.....

*curls up into a ball, shielding face from everyone*

~No more... no more... There's no Tsukihime anime... Nooo....Nooo....

Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Xamdou » March 11th, 2009, 1:45 pm

I think i will go watch witchblade again
since i freaking love the characters :D
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » March 20th, 2009, 2:36 pm

I just watched Argento Soma...

it is aaaweeesome!

I didn't expected anything of what happened in the seires...
It even reminded me a little bit of Code geass (but a tiny little bit)

EDIT: (I didn't want to double post)

So I just watched toradora ep 24 and thought "is that the end!?"
It was really romantic and stuff but ... I can only doubt whether they will be really happy or not I mean...

I still remember those grandmohter's stories about how she and granfather
► Show Spoiler
, but things became quite hard after the first kid.

Hopefully something else happens...
► Show Spoiler
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » March 23rd, 2009, 10:36 pm

Here I am, back from the underverse to post shit up.

- Battlestar Galactica
This is NOT an anime in any way, it's not even asian, but in my humble opinion, this is the BEST science fiction show I've ever seen. It pretty much demonstrates that sci-fi stories can be much more than "rocket ships and aliens".
I seriously recommend this series to anyone interested in a great story (yes, great, not just good), not just to sci-fi fans. Most, if not all, the characters who hold an important place in the plot are properly fleshed out and change with time in a believable manner. The situation in which they are doesn't grow old and tiresome as the series progresses, on the contrary it always manages to keep matters "crispy".
Now that it's over (last friday the last ep was aired), I really don't have much else to watch in TV anymore...

Just to keep the anime-theme here:
Last thursday (I think) I saw Solty Rey's ending. I'm not much of a fan of the series (I watched it sporadically to begin with), but the ending felt quite rushed to tell the truth.
Also, still waiting to see the mangled version of Fate Stay Night dubbed in my language.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » March 23rd, 2009, 11:06 pm

Rakkyo 1-5. That was a wild ride. Good animation, weird story, good music. 'Sall good in KnK land. That being said, I'm almost positive movie 7 will be a dissapointment. Why's that you say? Well, unless movie 6 is roughly 50% buildup, movie 7 won't feel like a climax, which it should be IMO. I thought they were gonna start building towards the finale in the fifth, but alas, I was wrong.
► Show Spoiler

abscess

Unread post by abscess » March 23rd, 2009, 11:47 pm

that one guy wrote:Rakkyo 1-5. That was a wild ride. Good animation, weird story, good music. 'Sall good in KnK land. That being said, I'm almost positive movie 7 will be a dissapointment. Why's that you say? Well, unless movie 6 is roughly 50% buildup, movie 7 won't feel like a climax, which it should be IMO. I thought they were gonna start building towards the finale in the fifth, but alas, I was wrong.
► Show Spoiler
You kidding? They mostly get by just fine, I think Enjou was kind of an exception. Look at Arihiko, he is fine(ish) just chillin'. Shirou? he is a main character! On the average, they get around the storyline without much of an authors will to harm them just because of their hair color.
Girls with pink/purple(/I think also blue) colored hair is another thing altogether, they pretty much are doomed to get something crappy happen to them:
► Show Spoiler
Anyway, I'm gone again. Time's been a bitch to me this past months or so..... Laters, dudes!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » March 24th, 2009, 12:13 am

abscess wrote:
that one guy wrote:Rakkyo 1-5. That was a wild ride. Good animation, weird story, good music. 'Sall good in KnK land. That being said, I'm almost positive movie 7 will be a dissapointment. Why's that you say? Well, unless movie 6 is roughly 50% buildup, movie 7 won't feel like a climax, which it should be IMO. I thought they were gonna start building towards the finale in the fifth, but alas, I was wrong.
► Show Spoiler
You kidding? They mostly get by just fine, I think Enjou was kind of an exception. Look at Arihiko, he is fine(ish) just chillin'. Shirou? he is a main character! On the average, they get around the storyline without much of an authors will to harm them just because of their hair color.
Girls with pink/purple(/I think also blue) colored hair is another thing altogether, they pretty much are doomed to get something crappy happen to them:
► Show Spoiler
Anyway, I'm gone again. Time's been a bitch to me this past months or so..... Laters, dudes!
Arihiko gets swept to the side after being built up, and Shirou...the less said about Shirous circumstances the better.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » March 24th, 2009, 1:33 am

abscess wrote:Here I am, back from the underverse to post shit up.

- Battlestar Galactica
This is NOT an anime in any way, it's not even asian, but in my humble opinion, this is the BEST science fiction show I've ever seen. It pretty much demonstrates that sci-fi stories can be much more than "rocket ships and aliens".
I seriously recommend this series to anyone interested in a great story (yes, great, not just good), not just to sci-fi fans. Most, if not all, the characters who hold an important place in the plot are properly fleshed out and change with time in a believable manner. The situation in which they are doesn't grow old and tiresome as the series progresses, on the contrary it always manages to keep matters "crispy".
Now that it's over (last friday the last ep was aired), I really don't have much else to watch in TV anymore...

Just to keep the anime-theme here:
Last thursday (I think) I saw Solty Rey's ending. I'm not much of a fan of the series (I watched it sporadically to begin with), but the ending felt quite rushed to tell the truth.
Also, still waiting to see the mangled version of Fate Stay Night dubbed in my language.

... is that the one show with the one who used to be Hercules in the Xena (the warrior princess series) ?
or am I thinking of some other thing?
8 inches in a week!

abscess

Unread post by abscess » March 24th, 2009, 3:27 am

that one guy wrote:Arihiko gets swept to the side after being built up, and Shirou...the less said about Shirous circumstances the better.
Hmm.... well, you've got a point there, but I still think that pink/purple/blue haired girls get the worst part (well, mostly unnatural colored hair girls I guess).
zweiterversuch wrote:... is that the one show with the one who used to be Hercules in the Xena (the warrior princess series) ?
or am I thinking of some other thing?
Eehh... not quite. If you mean Kevin Sorvo*, he isn't in the series (at least not that I remember). If it is Lucy Lawless* (Xena for some), yes, but saying anymore would be spoiler to the plot.

Here, the intro to the miniseries If somebody cares, the order is: miniseries, Season 1 through 4, with some webisodes in between some seasons.

*Don't ask me how I know those people names, I really don't know myself...

Unread post by Message » March 24th, 2009, 8:37 am

Science fiction series discussion ends HERE.

Gothicvision
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Gothicvision » March 24th, 2009, 1:09 pm

since you mentioned Galactica, i would advise anyone that loves these kind of shows to watch both Tytania and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu(Legend of the Galatic Heroes) as they are the best space opera animes you can find around, and if you're a fan of politics, both shows will sure please you, as they are quite heavy on the eternal Democracy vs Dictatorship/Absolutism dilemma :)

Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Xamdou » March 28th, 2009, 10:51 am

Can Happy Tree Friends be counted as an anime? >_>

It has been so long since i last watched it
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."

TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread post by TheRedArcher » March 28th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Xamdou wrote:Can Happy Tree Friends be counted as an anime? >_>

It's been a while for me too, but I will probably never watch it again...
I wonder how those animals would do in the Hinamizawa...
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread post by Kuuya/Fabre » March 28th, 2009, 7:13 pm

YAAAH! Finished Tora Dora and now waiting for Natsume Yuujinchou to finish...

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » March 28th, 2009, 10:48 pm

TheRedArcher wrote:

You can already imagine what's gonna happen *shivers*

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » March 28th, 2009, 11:44 pm

solopy567 wrote:
TheRedArcher wrote:

You can already imagine what's gonna happen *shivers*
yeah... It will be like "barney meets the teletubbies"...but with more blood and gore.
8 inches in a week!

wyldfire
Addict

Unread post by wyldfire » March 29th, 2009, 1:57 am

watching an old classic...berserk...it's kinda good...