What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » October 9th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Well, my Juuousei (Jyu Oh Sei) box set came two days ago. Haven't bothered watching it yet, though. Eh, I'll get to it.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » October 9th, 2008, 10:23 pm

IceCold_Asssassin wrote:just watched the 15th episode.
how is Millennium Actress? ive heard about it.
Wikipedia wrote:The film depicts a director, Genya Tachibana, who is working on a documentary about a famous actress, Chiyoko Fujiwara. In her old age, Chiyoko has withdrawn from public life, but Tachibana slowly draws her out. As he talks to her, the story of her life, from teenage schoolgirl to middle-aged superstar, gradually unfolds, illustrated through flashbacks interspersed with segments from her films. Her life spans the tumultuous period surrounding World War II, while her characters in movies span a time period from the Sengoku period to a futuristic space age.
Instead of me blathering about it without much sense, I decided on copy-pasting this. As I said, I liked it very much, but most of the poeple I know that watched it didn't like it or didn't understand it; dunno why, since it isn't that hard to get.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 10th, 2008, 12:00 am

Well since I finished watching what I meantioned eariler I had to hunt down for a few more series.

Now on my watch list are:
Rosario + Vampire season 2
Toradora

Planning to watch Higurashi season 2 sometime this weekend if I'm lucky.

teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread post by teiglin » October 10th, 2008, 5:30 am

So I just watched episode 2 of Clannad After Story, and it seems like they're gonna take a detour into the Sunohara route (rather awkwardly, but it included Sanae cosplay so I'll just accept it). I suspect they'll take more such detours into other routes, even though they have a long way to go before they really get into the meat of the After Story. Does anyone know how long the anime's supposed to run?

suki-gin
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by suki-gin » October 10th, 2008, 6:51 am

I'm rewatching "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" at the moment.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » October 10th, 2008, 6:54 am

I am watching "Ghost Hunt" right now...
!すでのな

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » October 11th, 2008, 1:29 am

Higurashi (as well)

epic mindraep is epic :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 11th, 2008, 3:14 am

Yes but it wins never the less since Type-Moon actually help out with a few episodes. That and a few UBW parodies actually came around this board as well.

IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread post by IceCold_Asssassin » October 11th, 2008, 5:19 am

Catastrophe wrote:Higurashi (as well)

epic mindraep is epic :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
lol i know right? it goes from
► Show Spoiler

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » October 11th, 2008, 5:22 am

► Show Spoiler

But yeah, Higurashi was good shit. And honestly, this pic is awesome (no spoiler in this pic, just has tag so it doesn't break the tables):
► Show Spoiler
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » October 11th, 2008, 2:31 pm

I'm watching School Days... for teh "Nice Boat".
!すでのな

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 11th, 2008, 3:13 pm

And with that pic of season 2 makes me want to watch is all the more. Although for some reason out of all of the girls in season one Rika never went into psycho mode, and the same went with Satoko as well. With that I'll be watching the second season now.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » October 11th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:And with that pic of season 2 makes me want to watch is all the more. Although for some reason out of all of the girls in season one Rika never went into psycho mode, and the same went with Satoko as well. With that I'll be
watching the second season now.
thanks for the spoiler :x :x :x :x
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » October 11th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:And with that pic of season 2 makes me want to watch is all the more. Although for some reason out of all of the girls in season one Rika never went into psycho mode, and the same went with Satoko as well. With that I'll be watching the second season now.
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnically she isn't in psycho mode for that pic. She's just fucking pissed off. But yeah. <3 that pic. Makes me glad I never fapped to her.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » October 11th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Thalnos wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:And with that pic of season 2 makes me want to watch is all the more. Although for some reason out of all of the girls in season one Rika never went into psycho mode, and the same went with Satoko as well. With that I'll be watching the second season now.
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnically she isn't in psycho mode for that pic. She's just fucking pissed off. But yeah. <3 that pic. Makes me glad I never fapped to her.
► Show Spoiler
nii nii... *sigh*
...call me a pervert but that Nii nii...is damn nice...I want to be called nii nii insted of "Dead! (stabbed)"...
:D
:)
:(
:cry:

PUKKA-SAMA DOKO DE IRU!!!
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by zweiterversuch on October 12th, 2008, 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » October 12th, 2008, 2:45 am

zwei, put your reply in spoiler tags before you spoil someone with that.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » October 12th, 2008, 3:13 am

Thalnos wrote:zwei, put your reply in spoiler tags before you spoil someone with that.
Ok, done. I don't know what exactly you were referring to so I put everything in a Spolier tag.

but....what could be considered a spoil in my comment?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 12th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Catastrophe wrote:thanks for the spoiler
Actually all I probablly spoiled was season one on that part. I mean I just started watching the second season never the less. Unless do you mean it as a spoiler for season one or what?

Belzera
Addict

Unread post by Belzera » October 12th, 2008, 10:21 pm

DOUBLE O

Woo
► Show Spoiler

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » October 12th, 2008, 11:15 pm

^Why would you put that under a spoiler tag? Yes, episode 02 of Gundam 00 had some crazy shit in it. OOOOHHHH MAN THAT SPOILS A LOT DOESN'T IT! NOW I DON'T WANNA WATCH IT ANYMORE :wink: