What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » April 29th, 2008, 9:00 am

pchunter wrote:im watching currently...

anime:

Code Geass R-2 (woot, great first 2 ep so far)
Tower of Duraga the Ageis of URUK (first ep i was seriously gonna drop until the last 5 min of the show, then ep 2 wasn't that bad)
Wolf and Spice (almost done)
Saikano (ready to watch as soon as i finish Wolf and Spice)
Last Exile (sorta stuck in the middle... watching when im extremely bored)
Gintama (thinking about dropping, wtf is this --;; )
Seirei no Moribito (really good, im almost done)
Shigofumi (like everyone said, great beginning, then sorta dragging ending)
Bamboo Blade (lol, well i do kendo... so im hooked)
Clannad (thinking about dropping, its just like kanon and AIR)
myself; yourself (dropping if next ep is boring)
shakugan no shana 2 (just like 1st series gonna drop if next is boring)

manga:

dammit i dont even wanna start. lets just say 40+.

hmmm anyone kno any good anime (hopefully i am not watching/have watched)?
Seirei is one of my favorites, but got stuck in ep 20 or so. Bamboo Blade is funny, but don't have time to watch it with ease and Last Exile I only watched the first ep. I only watched Saikano because when it was being aired here I didn't have nothing else to do, and I didn't like any of the characters much so... no good characters ruined it for me... and what's with the ending?!!! I like
► Show Spoiler
endings as much as anyone, but an ending like that?! naaah... The rest are completely unknown to me.

Currently I'm only watching Macross F and about manga nothing new, just Berserk and FMA

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 30th, 2008, 1:36 am

why?........................WHY???
why did Bleach have to enter into another filler side-story??????? :( :( :(
it was developing so fine...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » April 30th, 2008, 1:44 am

lrn2manga?
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » April 30th, 2008, 2:30 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:lrn2manga?
2lazy4that
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » April 30th, 2008, 8:21 am

New series in my list: Toshokan Sensou This season FTW !!

Too many good anime hanging around the air.... And i like Macross F much more than i had thought i would...

Seirei no Moribito?? hmm... that's new in my ear, how good is it??

Bleach?? I gave up on these long series years ago.... just doesn't worth the time, the last long anime i completed was Hikaru no Go, though it's not as much as Naruto until i decided to drop it, i dropped Naruto after watching 120+ episodes. And they still going on with the 2nd season, ridiculous.
Uchi kaeru....

shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread post by shirou12 » April 30th, 2008, 1:31 pm

d GRAYMAN yeah it kicks ass.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » April 30th, 2008, 3:35 pm

Catastrophe wrote:why?........................WHY???
why did Bleach have to enter into another filler side-story??????? :( :( :(
it was developing so fine...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I never watched the anime for Bleach, but I heard that they have a filler inside a filler...
That's... pretty cool.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » April 30th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I watched all of Wolf and Spice today. I just found out it existed in this thread. XP

I'm considering getting around to Black Lagoon, too.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 1st, 2008, 3:59 pm

nobaka wrote:I watched all of Wolf and Spice today. I just found out it existed in this thread. XP

I'm considering getting around to Black Lagoon, too.
Black Lagoon is okay. The thing is that it's just entertainment with good action scenes and not unlikable characters, but don't expect an intriguing storyline. If it's considered spoiler what I just wrote, please do so and I'll edit.

skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by skullreken » May 7th, 2008, 9:15 pm

I just finnishing Higurashi season 2
I highly recomend it to any fans of fantasy/murder/mystery

I'm gonna gp back and watch Ikkitousen dragon destiny again
it's one of my faves and it's been a while since I watched it
kanu fanboy and proud of it!

Graus
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Graus » May 12th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Right now marathoning everything Slayers related while shaking in my boots for the arrival of the new season.

As for stuff that's airing this season:
Kamen no Maid Guy
Code Geass R2
Tower of Druaga

Thinking of adding something new to the list once I'm done with the marathon.

skullreken
Crack Addic!

Unread post by skullreken » May 13th, 2008, 12:04 am

Out of nostalgia I decided to watch Card Captor Sakura I saw 3 eppisodes like 10 years ago
It's wierd it's aimed at kids yet the Kawainess draws you in
the characters facial expressions are really well done and overall the animation is great even by todays standards
unfortunatly so far every adventure is wrapped up in a single episode I'd like if the battle against the cards lasted a longer
but I'm enjoying it
kanu fanboy and proud of it!

sovietmisaki
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by sovietmisaki » May 13th, 2008, 6:04 am

I'm in the midst of watching Code Geass R2, need to finish manabi straight, recently finished Nagasarete Airantou, hoping for Season 3 of Shakugan no Shana, and I have just gotten into SZS

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » May 13th, 2008, 7:03 am

The only shows that I'm really following right now are Kaiba, Real Drive, and Code Geass R2. I've fallen into the part of my cycle where I put anime on hold for a while and will probably watch a lot more stuff a few months from now in large dosages/marathons.

sovietmisaki
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by sovietmisaki » May 13th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Maes wrote:The only shows that I'm really following right now are Kaiba, Real Drive, and Code Geass R2. I've fallen into the part of my cycle where I put anime on hold for a while and will probably watch a lot more stuff a few months from now in large dosages/marathons.
eh, I do the same allot the time, though I'm starting to get back into the habit of watching one episode per week as they come out now

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 23rd, 2008, 5:29 am

Woohoo...

I was checking animesuki... wondering whether Chi's Sweet Home or Nabari no Ou has been released or not.... I was surprised to see this one....

Kara no Kyoukai 1st Movie is released!!! (Click here for info at wiki)

and it was released under the group name, gg&TakaJun

I lol'ed....

I dunno... I know this is a movie and presumably ripped from DVD, but our own translator is working on this, and it is also not licensed yet outside Japan... so,

LINK removed to comply with the rules, thank God, no mod find this post... 8)

Ps: If this infringes the rule... please just softly warn me, I'll edit this myself or mod can edit it if you need it done quickly... Just please don't ban me... :cry:
Last edited by lolipedofin on June 9th, 2008, 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Uchi kaeru....

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » May 23rd, 2008, 5:35 am

Visually it's amazing, ufotable did an awesome job with it and Kajiura Yuki did another fantastic job with the soundtrack(the ending theme is just too great).

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » May 23rd, 2008, 6:37 am

Kurenai.

I quite dig the low-key narration type (anidb description for that series is totally off btw, it's amazing. Comedy wtf? :D). Oh and Persona - Trinity Soul. More 'serious' than I expected, and strangely compelling.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » May 31st, 2008, 10:32 pm

Currently watching Happiness and Kyou no Go no ni (Today in class 5-2).

I was curious about Jun... the TRAP in Happiness... so far the anime has been a good download, this anime is quite a hard to get... now to get the last 6 episodes...

As for Kyou no Go no Ni... must watch anime... It's a slice of life, it's funny, it's setting is Shogakkou, meaning.... It's full of lolies !! lol
Btw, it's not cutesy typical loli, their portrayal even sometimes doesn't look like Elementary Students... Really funny and a worthwhile anime to watch...
Uchi kaeru....

abscess

Unread post by abscess » May 31st, 2008, 10:39 pm

Hey! I'm watching kure-nai too! It's quite good and the characters aren't unlikable as I expected them to be, well,, except for one but maybe as the story develops a bit more that character may change for good... or be forgotten. Too bad for the intro and outro, they fuckin' SUCK!
I read somewhere that it's going to be a 12 ep series, is that true? because if that's the case.... well, 9nth ep and finally it gets the plot moving....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.