What anime are you watching?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by AddleBoy » January 23rd, 2008, 12:18 am

Animes I'm watching at the moment:

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Bamboo Blade
Now and Then, Here and There.
Moyashimon
Moetan

Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Naota » January 26th, 2008, 6:19 am

I just finished Baccano (not only was it amazing, but the subject matter also had a specific appeal to me personally because of my writing and the direction it was going when I started watching.), and I'm still watching Higurashi Kai. Other than that, well... That's about it. Cripes you guys watch a lot of anime.

I'm considering seeing Spice and Wolf next, but can anyone offer other suggestions?
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 26th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Finally found the time to watch H20... I just watched the prologue but the monologue about the footprints on the sand was too tempting for me to comment before continue watching....

I dunno whether it will be revealed in the 1st ep or not, which if it is, gonna make me look like an idiot... But what the heck, i like being smartass...

"[rant about how "he" walked together with God on sands and left footprints] .....However during desperate and troubled times, during times of overwhelming sadness, during times of unbearable pain there would be only one set of footprints. Dear God, during my moments of joy and happiness, during those times you were there for me. However, when i needed you most... Why were you not there for me??"

Let me guess... God's answer will be,
► Show Spoiler
Something like that?? Lol, i think i've heard about this twice during Church sermon (by different preacher). I even think that i've seen one of those painting with "wise words" , with this story inscribed on it.

Haha... I was surprised they use that story as the inspiration for "H20 - Footprints on the sand" title. Well i could find myself embarassed though, should i'm wrong or the whole story revealed in the 1st ep.

EDIT: finished the 1st ep, nothing about the story though... I think i'm gonna mask the "God's Answer" as spoiler should someone actually never heard about it.
Uchi kaeru....

Dtrini
Addict

Unread post by Dtrini » January 31st, 2008, 6:09 am

just finish watching lucky star . and it was great .konata was just adorble. keep the last ep just to watch them jump around. apart from haruhi and fmp glad to see fate stay night make an appearance

biran007
Might just like this board

Unread post by biran007 » February 1st, 2008, 5:14 am

if you like "moe", haruhi is great
if you like moving stories:air, kanon, clannad
if you like robot: full metal panic1,2,3 ,gundam

biran007

Unread post by biran007 » February 1st, 2008, 5:20 am

Dtrini wrote:just finish watching lucky star . and it was great .konata was just adorble. keep the last ep just to watch them jump around. apart from haruhi and fmp glad to see fate stay night make an appearance
licky star is great
kagami sai moe~
but lucky star is mroe for otaku and most people couldn't understand it well including me

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 3rd, 2008, 6:04 pm

Well, my sister who is hardly an otaku enjoy it quite well, albeit with my help in explaining some of the jokes that makes reference to jp culture. She said that she likes the chara drawing... :D

And the reference to F/SN was quite hilarious too... but i don't know why, ever since watching and playing F/SN, every meal scene on a square dining table immediately reminding me of F/SN :lol: .

my favorite order of lucky star chara are: Tsukasa, Kagami, Konata, Yutaka, Shiraishi, Minami, Patty, etc.
Uchi kaeru....

Gram49
Addict

Unread post by Gram49 » February 12th, 2008, 3:54 am

anyone know where i can watch Utawarerumono english subs?

mir
Crack Addic!

Unread post by mir » February 12th, 2008, 6:51 am

Currently watching

-Shana 2: Just how adorable is Hecate in her white mage outfit....XD

True Tears: I think this one will turn out to be good. Story transitions are effortless and fairly interesting...despite the main character being a dumbaass

They Are My Noble Masters: fanservice. fanservice. more fanservice with some fanservie on the top. NSFW screencap:
Spice and Wolf: I'm not sure how this will end up. However, the voice actors are pretty good, and the opening theme is relaxing. Horo has personality too!

Clannad: obligatory. Watching it one arc at a time...mainly for the art and the 1000hit combos =)

Minami-ke Okawari: It lacks the freshness of the 1st season. They blatantly rushed it trying to get more cash and it didn't work out too well.

Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Henduluin » February 12th, 2008, 6:56 am

mir wrote: They Are My Noble Masters: fanservice. fanservice. more fanservice with some fanservie on the top. NSFW screencap:
But GOOD fanservice. I haven't been able to watch true fanservice shows in years (I actually developed something resembling good taste over the years), but somehow I find this show hilarious. Probably because it's such a blatant Hayate no Gotoku rip-off. (Welcome Sanzenin family!)
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

mir
Crack Addic!

Unread post by mir » February 12th, 2008, 7:17 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Fanservice shows usually fail due to censorship, much like Kodomo no Jikan. This one is good though...

Jarod Cain
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Jarod Cain » February 13th, 2008, 6:18 am

Wow... There are people who watch Hayate Lite? :shock:

Lets see what we've been watching, besides the occasional Boston Legal episode...
-Spice and Wolf: Horo ^____^
-Minami-Ke Okawari: The change in companies really changed some of the feel of the show, but overall it's still the Minami sisters with almost as much win as the first season.
-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: Full of win, as usual.
-Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei: Whenever we can actually get subs...
-Bamboo Blade: Normally sports anime aren't my thing, this one though was too cute and different to pass up.
-H2O: Or as we call it H2WTF, because we have no idea what is going on...
-Clannad: Interesting, though it has kind of been on the backburner for the last couple of weeks...
-True Tears: Or True Chicken as we called it, well... till it got licensed... Damn Bandai Visual, I'm not going to pay $40 for two episodes... Here's hoping for a full localization at a lower price later on in the future.
-Shigofumi: See Above...
-Moyashimon: I was sold on the intro to this show alone.
-School Rumble: Harima is a stupid, stupid, lucky, bastard.

There are probably a few that I forgot but thats a good amount of what we've been watching...

Special mention goes to Heroic Age which we finished a few weeks ago. Best butt shots of 2007.
-J-
Last edited by Jarod Cain on February 28th, 2008, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-No I'm not sorry

Donvermicelli
Addict

Unread post by Donvermicelli » February 19th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Currently watching: gunslinger girl
kinda waiting for new eps and seasons of other shows and am working down my "to watch" list so I'll just post a small list of shows I really enjoyed:

Blood+
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch
Death Note
Gekijouban Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: ShambalaKoukaku Kidoutai
S.A.C. 2nd Gig
Koukaku Kidoutai Stand Alone Complex
Black Lagoon
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
Gantz
Gungrave
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
Koukaku Kidoutai Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
Noir
Onegai Teacher
Trinity Blood
Mushishi

most of them are pretty dark along the lines of story though Full Metal alchemist is kinda comical,Onegai Teacher is echi and Mushishi is rather an 'unique' series I might add.

galvenize
Crack Addic!

Unread post by galvenize » February 20th, 2008, 12:53 am

Can't wait for Code geass R2 coming out soon (hope so).

I'm actually watching:
-Utawarerumono (wanna know if the game will be worth buying)
-Persona Trinity soul (the game Persona 3 will come out the 27th of the month in europe (1 year after US and nihon releases) DUH)
-Rosario+Vampire (sweet one)
-Ah! my goddess (finished both seasons)
-Major (best of all)

Waiting for
-Shakugan 2d season FULL release
-Zero no tsukaima 3rd season

My favourite those last months:
-Trinity Blood ... (R.I.P Yoshida Sunao :cry: )

Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Atvaark » March 25th, 2008, 3:01 pm

i'm not gonna tell you what i'm watching now, but i will tell you what i will be watching soon enough...actually, just look for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGEbLI2jLCQ

/glee? look for the second and third trailer in the menu. think there's a fourth also

Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chunky-MonkeyLOL » March 26th, 2008, 4:39 am

I just finished watching my freshly bought (tonight!!) copy of 5 centimeters per second on my 72" TV. Man that last scene always...ALWAYS makes me fuckin' cry my eyes out. :cry:
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer

Stifler
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Stifler » March 27th, 2008, 2:24 pm

galvenize wrote:Can't wait for Code geass R2 coming out soon (hope so).

I'm actually watching:

-Rosario+Vampire (sweet one)

Waiting for
-Shakugan 2d season FULL release
-Zero no tsukaima 3rd season

My favourite those last months:
-Trinity Blood ... (R.I.P Yoshida Sunao :cry: )
Rosario+Vampire was horrible. I hate the way they screwed up the totally awesome manga series that its based on. Believe me - when you've read the manga, you would know how seriously messed up the anime series is.

Waiting for Shakugan no Shana season 3. lol And CLANNAD After Story. Not to mention Soul Eater and Marcross Frontier.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:I just finished watching my freshly bought (tonight!!) copy of 5 centimeters per second on my 72" TV. Man that last scene always...ALWAYS makes me fuckin' cry my eyes out. :cry:
Man, that's great! I'm still waiting for it to be released here. Managed to watch it on the silver screen, through. Loved how they played "One more Time, One more Chance" at the end - it never fails to make emotions well up from within me.

ArthurPepper

Unread post by ArthurPepper » March 27th, 2008, 4:27 pm

I?m watching Mushishi, and when i finish I?ll watch Eureka Seven.

And by the way 5 centimeters per second is a excelent anime.
"Your head is not elegant, but I will accept it for tonight." - Assasin

"The cake is a lie." - Message

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » March 27th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Gun X Sword, it's really corny and really awesome.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » March 27th, 2008, 7:25 pm

galvenize wrote:Can't wait for Code geass R2 coming out soon (hope so).
Noo.... It'll cut the Gundam 00 series.... :cry: Well, can't be helped though. Well, I also expecting Code Geass very much, it's just that if given a choice between CG and G00, i'll go with Gundam, hands down. 8)

Well, maybe the hiatus will make better quality... just please nothing like Gundam SEED Destiny anymore.... :evil:
Uchi kaeru....