Hello and an ode to Type Moon

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Hello and an ode to Type Moon

Unread postby voight-kampff » April 4th, 2013, 1:11 pm

I wanted to take a moment to say hello, and also express my appreciation for Type Moon (and Nasu and Mirror Moon, of course).

Having known about visual novels for years, the prospect of playing a "dating sim" has never appealed to me. It wasn't until coming across Tsukihime that the veil was lifted, and it became apparent just what visual novels were really capable of—a vehicle through which deep, realistic characters can interact and intricate, well planned stories can take place.

Since then, I've done what I can to keep up with Type Moon and Nasu productions, playing Kagetsu Tohya, Fate, Fate/Unlimited Code, keeping a watchful eye on Hollow Ataraxia and Witch on the Holy Night, watching the anime versions of Tsukihime, Fate, Carnival Phantasm, Kara no Kyoukai, etc.

As such, I've been inspired to look into visual novel story telling, in the vein of Type Moon productions. The result is a small project I hope to get off the ground soon. I truly dislike tooting my own horn, but seeing as how we're just starting out we need to start raising awareness of the project's existence—particularly in communities that might find it at least mildly interesting. As such, if anyone is intrigued, I'd be honored if you'd check out Errant Heart.

I deeply appreciate everyone's time and consideration. Thank you.
voight-kampff
Totally hardly posted

Re: Hello and an ode to Type Moon

Unread postby Message » April 4th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Thanks for promoting work on your OELVN. You are implying that Errant Heart will be an ode to TYPE-MOON, but you don't mention them at all on your kickstarter page. How exactly will your game relate to TYPE-MOON or the TYPE-MOON universe?

Unread postby voight-kampff » April 4th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Message wrote:Thanks for promoting work on your OELVN. You are implying that Errant Heart will be an ode to TYPE-MOON, but you don't mention them at all on your kickstarter page. How exactly will your game relate to TYPE-MOON or the TYPE-MOON universe?

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to make that implication. The title is it's own universe. It merely came about because of the inspiration that Type Moon provided as a template for how visual novels could be made—as opposed to the more common model one might see in dating sim games like Shuffle, etc.

The point is, without Type Moon's efforts (as well as Mirror Moon), this game would never have even winked into existence.
voight-kampff
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 5th, 2013, 6:36 am

One question, is this project of yours going to be an Eroge, or will it be considered as a Galge?

Other then that I wish you like on the funding then.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby voight-kampff » April 10th, 2013, 7:22 pm

Thanks for the interest. However, in its current form, there are no H-scenes, nor does the story involve any dating elements.
voight-kampff
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat