Alucard vs. Arcueid

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Hyperbeast » April 7th, 2007, 6:09 am

Well I haven't read the Hellsing manga yet, but...

In the anime he needs to drink blood to remain strong, and at the end when he was reduced to a puddle of blood the only way he survived was through Integra releasing his control limits to level one, causing him to absorb the blood of about 60 or so people I think it was. If he hadn't done that, it's likely that he would have died.

As such, I think they're about evenly matched, only while Alucard needs blood, Arcueid needs the moon.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 7th, 2007, 4:29 pm

if you read the hellsing manga, you'll find alucard to be overpowered. he would kill arcueid easily. if it's the anime version, then arcueid would destroy him.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » April 7th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Arcueid does not need the moon. Roa does (at least the full moon)! Arcueid is just 'almost' completely immortal at night, be it full moon, or no moon.

Alucard needs blood for regen abilities, but he can easily absorb it from people, even if they are not close. Both Alucard and Arceuid are restricted btw, So if Alucard gets to fight without restrictions, Arcudeid should fight without Roa and without the need to suppress her lusting for blood :]

They are both just too immortal to kill if it is night -_-
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » April 8th, 2007, 11:33 am

miszou wrote:Arcueid does not need the moon. Roa does (at least the full moon)! Arcueid is just 'almost' completely immortal at night, be it full moon, or no moon.

Alucard needs blood for regen abilities, but he can easily absorb it from people, even if they are not close. Both Alucard and Arceuid are restricted btw, So if Alucard gets to fight without restrictions, Arcudeid should fight without Roa and without the need to suppress her lusting for blood :]

They are both just too immortal to kill if it is night -_-

IIRC Arcueid is completely immortal(indestructable) at full moon and maybe even when it's not. Arcueids lines when she was killed during the day by shiki the lines on her were very thin which means that even at day she is almost undestructable.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby asceai » April 10th, 2007, 12:17 pm

I'm not sure Alucard can be killed at all--his universe basically renders him invulnerable. If we put Alucard up against something a lot more dangerous than Arcueid--ORT, maybe, we just get the 'irresistible force meets immovable object' paradox. Still, if Alucard could be killed ORT would be the one to do it.
asceai
Addict

Unread postby miszou » April 10th, 2007, 2:57 pm

I have a new theory!

Alucard and Arcueid end up marrying O_O

that would be ... disturbing ... really XD

think of the children NOOOOOOOO
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » April 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm

...marriage? then shiki would go nanaya on their ass out of jealousy. 2 points for the humans.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby asceai » April 10th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Shiki vs Alucard would be something else entirely. Alucard has this thing he does where he often lets his opponents freely attack him before regenerating and slaughtering them, and that could be his downfall, since Shiki would actually likely be able to kill him (kinda like Nvnrsqr was able to be killed).
asceai
Addict

Unread postby puKKa » April 10th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Alucards weakness is that as I've understood him, he requires blood to be able to fully regenerate etc. And concidering what will be left of Alucard after getting hit by Arcs marble phantasm..
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby potaatti » April 25th, 2007, 1:09 pm

puKKa wrote:Alucards weakness is that as I've understood him, he requires blood to be able to fully regenerate etc. And concidering what will be left of Alucard after getting hit by Arcs marble phantasm..

Even if he doesn't, could he do anything if he repeatedly gets blown up when he regenerates..
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby puKKa » April 25th, 2007, 9:12 pm

potaatti wrote:
puKKa wrote:Alucards weakness is that as I've understood him, he requires blood to be able to fully regenerate etc. And concidering what will be left of Alucard after getting hit by Arcs marble phantasm..

Even if he doesn't, could he do anything if he repeatedly gets blown up when he regenerates..

probably due to him being able to use parts of himself as minions or however you want to look at it.
iddqd
puKKa

Unread postby potaatti » May 22nd, 2007, 1:01 pm

Well, probably that is true. But anyway, as far as I know, Alucard doesn't need to have blood at hand to regenerate, though I dunno if he needs to 'refuel' after getting blown up enough..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29

I'd say Alucard wins weakened Arc easily (and probably non-weakened Arc as well, though that could be a bit harder if she can blow him up repeatedly) as he is so damn overpowered (in the manga), well at least as long as Arcueid doesn't have some weird magic weapon that can kill him with a couple hits.. and weird magic weapons seem to be in better supply in Nasuverse than in Hellsing. Arcueid without bloodlust might be able to take on him depending on how powerful she is then.. :?
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Stradiot » May 22nd, 2007, 1:26 pm

comparing the superiority of characters from different "worlds" is kind of pointless..it's like the whole star wars vs star trek internet debate vOv

hey guys who's more powerful... the 5 sorcerors from the world of fate/tsukihime, or the most powerful sith of the star wars universe, or Q from startrek
Stradiot
Might just like this board

Unread postby Chetyre » May 22nd, 2007, 6:59 pm

of course it's Q, he is freaking omnipotent
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby GaiusIuliusCaesar » May 26th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Alucard would most likley win the the longterm, I haven't played tsukihime so I can't be sure but I have read hellsing manga. Ok for people who don't want spoilers stop now
Alucard gets his power from how many souls he has in him, basically the more souls he gains from eating people or drinking their blood the more powerful he gets. Also he can reincarnate himself for each soul in him, in this case it's at least several thousand people. Basically it's like bezerkers god hand Noble Phantasm times several thousand. It includes the entire walachian army, all the people he has killed in the show, including the valintine brother and ripvanwinkle. He can also release the souls and substainate them under his control, basically his own personal army.

Finally Alcurad said only a "Human" can kill a monster, and Arc is deffinently not human. This is why Alucard didn't want anderson to become a monster using the true cross, because as a human Alexander could have killed him, but not as the monster he became using the true cross.

In fact, given time, Seras Victoria could become just as strong, she would just have to eat sevral thousand people.
GaiusIuliusCaesar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby potaatti » May 27th, 2007, 12:45 am

I'd say that bit about only a human being capable of killing a monster is just Alucard's philosophical speech. If it should be taken literally, even a true omnipotent couldn't kill Alucard, which obviously can't be the case. :P
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » May 29th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Basically it would be a matter of whether arc could kill him enough times that he couldnt regenerate anymore, or if alucard would wear her out of energy first.

To have an idea of killing alucard, imagine if you had nero, except with tens of thousands of beasts instead of just 666. There's alucard's regeneration power for you.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

Unread postby A.R.C.C. » June 7th, 2007, 6:24 am

If this contest is because their names are fairly similar, does that mean I am a valid third combatant?
[font="Verdana"]Wai for Kawasumi Mai![/font]
A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2007, 12:25 am

potaatti wrote:I'd say that bit about only a human being capable of killing a monster is just Alucard's philosophical speech. If it should be taken literally, even a true omnipotent couldn't kill Alucard, which obviously can't be the case. :P

So Alucard is waiting for Shiki? I see a slash doujin...
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Qaenyin Angelblade » June 8th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Arcueid could beat Alucard if Arc killed him once for each person who's blood he has drank(minus how many times he's been killed already) since he was defeated by Van Helsing. I imagine this number probably to be in the ten thousand range, maybe higher.

Since we don't know how easy she would find it to kill him without marble phantasm I can't say how likely that would be, but all things considered I doubt she would be able to kill ten thousand alucards one at a time, or use Marble Phantasm that many times. And simply butchering Alucard himself wont work as has been shown in the manga(he's been shredded, blown up, decapitated, impaled, staked, dismembered, etc etc, doesnt seem to be more than an inconvenience), so he is at LEAST as capable of regenerating as Roa during a full moon. Possibly even more capable.

I think the odds are against Arcueid but I do think it's possible depending on how evenly matched they are without counting her Marble Phantasm.
Qaenyin Angelblade
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat