PS3 vs Xbox 360?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Choice?

PS3
31%
Xbox 360
28%
Both too much or a waste of money
41%

Total votes : 29

PS3 vs Xbox 360?

Unread postby raidman565 » March 13th, 2007, 5:48 pm

In your opinion what is the best console out of those two to have? I'd go with the PS3 just because of its history with RPGs...but its anyones opinion
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby marus » March 13th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Right now I'd say XBox360 - PS3 just costs too much, and there's hardly any decent games on it. That'll probably change after some time has passed and it's had time to build up a library, but right now there's nothing I want.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 13th, 2007, 11:29 pm

the kexbox is my choice at the moment. PS3 has too many problems and what they have done with the european systems is just sucide. If I buy one it will probably be imported..

also, almost all games that were exclusive for the PS3 are now not and the kexbox will have them aswell so I see no reason except for the FF-series and it's system specs.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby miszou » March 14th, 2007, 3:04 am

I just bought a wii, way more fun :P

ps3 is too expensive now and hardly any games worth that much money, I'd rather go for a pstwo right now, since it's very cheap with a lot of nice games. Ps3 only offers better graphics and propably a lot of sequels, I rather go for original and good gameplay, graphics don't concern me, so ps2 would be alright too and save me tons of money ^^ Xbox ... never been a fan of that, only xbox live arcade sounds appealing I have to say ^^ Wii for me \o/

well my opinion anyway ^^
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » March 14th, 2007, 4:22 am

My moeny is on X360. Once Forza 2 comes out and kills any GT game that can possibly be released, Sony will only have the Final Fantasy series to keep it afoat, and with the release of Blue Dragon and another game from the same devs on X360, I don't see Final Fantasy helping PS3 out that much.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby miszou » March 14th, 2007, 5:40 am

well, the short exclusiveness of the FF games is not with sony anymore, the got lucky that in the middle of the serie most games were only released on sony machines, but I guess the FF serie is back to where it started and is spreading on consoles, so real FF fans would probably have to buy all consoles to keep playing the series and its spin-offs, then again, real FF fans would probably not say "Sony has FF" like Sony itself sometimes proclaims.

Ah its not like sony won't cut a few good deals with some exclusive games, I mean they do have a lot of nice games on the ps2, but I doubt that they will have as much of exclusive titles as the ps2, even music games switch to nintendo and microsoft these days, sony would have to try hard to keep the games original, only playing sequels is just for fans, but keeps others bored. Next gen console war started out as a spec war for some, but it is obvious that innovation is the key, all parties try to bring new ways to keep gamers interested. Makes me wonder what consoles in the future will look like ^^ an xb0x 1080, a playstation 13 and a Nintendo Hypercube O_O :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 14th, 2007, 9:24 am

miszou wrote:well, the short exclusiveness of the FF games is not with sony anymore, the got lucky that in the middle of the serie most games were only released on sony machines, but I guess the FF serie is back to where it started and is spreading on consoles, so real FF fans would probably have to buy all consoles to keep playing the series and its spin-offs, then again, real FF fans would probably not say "Sony has FF" like Sony itself sometimes proclaims.

Havnt heard anything about Sony losing the FF series, FFXIII is still PS3 exclusive and the following will probably be aswell. Sure games like crystal chronicles are sure to come to other consoles aswell but if Sony lets FF go they will be pretty much dead.

The only console with a good amount of good games is the 360 at the moment. Havnt really found any real good games for the Wii except for maybe Zelda though I'm not much of a Zelda fan..

The only thing that is better with the Wii are the social games though most of them are pretty unaccurate with the wiimotes and such so you can get irritated at it..
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby miszou » March 14th, 2007, 10:35 am

well I never said sony will lose the FF games or that they will loose the exclusive FF games, just that they loose the exclusiveness for the series it self, which the had for a very short time (after FF9) I mean to say that the FF series is not PS exclusive series anymore, just like it never was in the first place :] Square and nintendo made up after all, so I think we will see some interesting games from their series (not just FF) on nitendo consoles in the future (just like how it should be ^^) and I think that xbox will also spawn more and more japanese rpg's since it lacks those game and the sales in japan are horrible :P (ps3 sales are horrible too btw).

when you say the only good console around with a lot games is the 360, I disagree, the NDS is a console too, and it has a lot of games (especially in Japan) including some very good ones ^^ But both had a head start on Wii and PS3, I think that both wii and ps3 will get some interesting games soon, 360 didn't had anything at all in the begin, so its not entirely fair to compare them yet ^^.

Funny to see btw that they all have download services for old games (and I don't think no one stole that idea :P) which is a good idea for any consoles :D I really like to play those oldies and don't mind paying a few euro's for it ^^.

If they could only work together and make the download service combined, that would be really neat :D
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » March 14th, 2007, 1:38 pm

when you say the only good console around with a lot games is the 360, I disagree, the NDS is a console too, and it has a lot of games (especially in Japan) including some very good ones

Heh, I let my idiot friend borrow my DS for a bit, and he "accidentally" drove over it somehow... haven't gotten a new one yet, I probably will sooner or later though, there's a few games I wanna try out.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 15th, 2007, 3:09 am

How on earth do you accidentally drive over a game console O_O maybe he didn't liked losing his game? ^^;;
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TakaJun » March 15th, 2007, 10:02 am

Dude!! DS is a system I'd have anyday over PS3 or Xbox 360!!!!!
As for the poll, both systems are too expensive to get, although IdolMaster looks good on 360 --;;;;
but PS3 is just out of question. I don't see myself getting it... EVER. (Well, maybe if someone gives it to me)
TakaJun

Unread postby Atvaark » March 16th, 2007, 1:12 am

idol master! damn, the 360 has a major advantage there..*drool* unfortunatly, i told myself i wouldn't buy any new-gen consoles, simply because they're slowly beginning to act like more than just game consoles.remember the times when you could only play games on them? i don,t need an extra dvd player or anoter machine to browse the net, i already have a standalone dvd player, i have a pc for internet stuff, mmo's should stick to computers. all these additions are the excuse they found to charge you over 500+ for a console. when i got my old n64 and ps1, both were about 150 bucks. playstation 2 was the most expensive console i bought at 200, and i got a gamecube for 65. why does next-gen consoles cost so much anyway? for everything else they added into it. ps2 costed 200 probably because of the dvd player in it. and i'm sure you all remember that ps2 tended to have faulty dvd drives...i had to replace mine twice already.

\end of rant

sorry. just my opinion on the matter. soon, gaming consoles will only be available to the rich.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 16th, 2007, 2:21 am

Atvaark: i agree 100% with you ^^

Luckilly I got the wii before they're gonna upgrade it with a dvd player -_- at least right now it more or less just plays games :] Nintendo usually doesn't add too much goodies but brings them as extra modules you have to buy (like with the DS). One of the reason I like nintendo consoles is because they mainly concentrate on gaming, other consoles do have nice games too, I just don't want to pay for all those non gaming crap (imo) :]
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby raidman565 » March 16th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Haha should of added Wii and DS. Nintendo does bring pretty good consoles. I think their ideas are really creative and brilliant. The Original Nintendo with its Controller which is even today used as a blueprint for most controllers, the DS with its touch screen, and the Wii with its motion sensor controller. IMO their truly the best Entrepreneurs when it comes to games.
Now that I've heard the Wii is going to come with a DVD player I'm kind of thinking I should get the Wii instead of the PS3. Square Enix ,the best game company in Japan, is starting to make its games for Nintendo now (Every once in a while for the Xbox too) so thats also whats changing my opinion
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » March 17th, 2007, 3:07 am

nintendo stupidest mistake was indeed letting square-enix go some time ago, I don't even remember what they were fighting about XD

but at the moment nintendo games usually sell a lot better then square-enix games in Japan, although most square-enix games will at least make it to the number 1 sales the week when they come out :] these days they even bringing more of them to europe \o/ It would help xbox a little with their sales in Japan if they have some square-enix exclusive games on it ^^
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby raidman565 » March 17th, 2007, 4:13 am

True true. Xbox has mostly western style games (meaning hardly any RPGs). So we can probably guess why as to why its not doing as well in Japan.
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby FOEBOMB » August 27th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Well i would have to vote for ps3 for now in the end i never really cared much for consoles i just care for the genre of game that comes on it sure each console has it's own type of specs and whatever but i only care for the games i was also never one to really care much for graphics either .

I'm mainly an rpg player or adventure type games player occasionally i will go for an fps .

Anyway as long as Sony keeps releasing massive amounts of rpg I'll stick with them if the rpg genre would one day move to another console so would i XD.
FOEBOMB
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » August 28th, 2007, 11:08 am

exactlly as long as square keeps releasing the numbered ff's on the ps i am wif sony. But then again its not like microsoft is gonna get many jrpgs and the wii is totally out of it now due to its shitty specs. I am wondering how long it will actually last most people i know who bought one avent touched it for a long time. the new controller is innovative and all but no way is it becoming the norm of gaming any time soon.
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dtrini » August 28th, 2007, 11:57 pm

i think i go wee . shiney graphix dont impresss much , and shoots not my style, tekken(dribbles) wanna try out new controls. next gen took two steps not one?
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby Raw » August 29th, 2007, 4:26 am

Both has it's own kind of games. Action Games for Xbox360, and problably, RPGs and Misc. Stuff for the PS3. I like them both very much, but i bought the 360.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to General Chat