PS3 vs Xbox 360?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Choice?

PS3
31%
Xbox 360
28%
Both too much or a waste of money
41%

Total votes : 29

Unread postby Einherjar » September 19th, 2007, 12:00 am

Xbox 360 = HALO 3

Period.

Wait, no, they're both a waste of money anyways.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Xavier » September 19th, 2007, 1:17 am

Waste of money. Get a brand new comp. with the best graphic card and 4 gigs of ram. Now, that is something worth buying.

When you're done with that, get Crysis when its out and stress your comp to the limit.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » September 27th, 2007, 6:26 am

I built a new PC around Feb, bought the PS3 on March, and probably will buy the 360 on November (when Mass Effect launches).

No, I'm not rich, I'm just your average college student. But I don't drive, drink, and smoke, all that saving money needs a place to go. :P
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raykun » September 29th, 2007, 2:22 am

well both are too much I would say xbox if the price drops to 250 though
Raykun
Addict

Unread postby Raven » September 30th, 2007, 9:30 pm

Just got my 360 :D
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raykun » October 1st, 2007, 4:00 am

how is the 360?
Raykun
Addict

Unread postby Raven » October 1st, 2007, 4:24 am

don't know, I didn't bought any game for it. All I did was set it up and messing with the demo on LIVE, most of them were horrible on my SDTV. I'm waiting for a cable to hook it up to my LCD instead.
I'm waiting for a couple of games that I want for it, they won't be release till the end of the month though.

Right now basically it's small, lighter then the PS3. I think it doesn't look as elegant as the PS3, the DVD drive kinda looks barbaric to me after so used with the PS3 drive. After dealing with Sony Tech Support, compared to what I experienced today I can say MS's tech support Suck, with a capital S.

The console itself seems fine, I got the new model so I hope I won't be seeing RROD any time soon, at least, hopefully not 'till next year. The games (demos) so far are good though except that my SDTV didn't do them justice, generally by the time I get these game, I think I'll get my money worth. The control is cool too (except maybe playing Ace Combat on it feels a little weird), and it's good to feel the rumbling again.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » October 1st, 2007, 5:44 am

i'd vote on ps3; xbox 360's too much of a waste of money for me(considering its playability and price..)
the only console I think can match ps3 is nintendo wii...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Einherjar » October 1st, 2007, 6:36 am

Halo3 rocks.
Then again, DMC4 looks pretty cool...
Did you know that MasterChief's visor reflects light? That would create an infinite cycle if 2 Spartan look at each other... Not to mention that the water reflect and refract light at same time.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 1st, 2007, 1:14 pm

Einherjar wrote:Halo3 rocks.
Then again, DMC4 looks pretty cool...
Did you know that MasterChief's visor reflects light? That would create an infinite cycle if 2 Spartan look at each other... Not to mention that the water reflect and refract light at same time.

Wow they really reflect?

I voted for the PS3 as well, because many games I'm looking forward to are coming out on PS3 ^ ^. However, there aren't a lot of signs of these games yet =/
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » October 13th, 2007, 7:40 am

What's so good about Halo, or Halo 3 for that matter? I bought Halo 3 just to see what heck all the fuss about, beat it, go online a bit, then trade it away, marked down as just another average generic shooter.

The game is pretty meh for me. Generic weapons (that lack imaginative for the most part), linear level design, bad,repeative, and boring encounter, bad character model, sub-bar narrative, low standard cutsceen, average sound effect. For such a game to break the sale record ... it makes me worry for the future of the market. :?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 13th, 2007, 11:09 am

Raven wrote:

What's so good about Halo, or Halo 3 for that matter? I bought Halo 3 just to see what heck all the fuss about, beat it, go online a bit, then trade it away, marked down as just another average generic shooter.

The game is pretty meh for me. Generic weapons (that lack imaginative for the most part), linear level design, bad,repeative, and boring encounter, bad character model, sub-bar narrative, low standard cutsceen, average sound effect. For such a game to break the sale record ... it makes me worry for the future of the market. :?

This'll probably start a war somewhere else :lol: . Have you tried playing multiplayer with Halo 3, cause that's where I found most of the fun to be. The campaign does give me a headache once in a while, but it really wasn't that bad. Also, I haven't played Halo 3 myself, but it might be more enjoyable if you played the previous ones before playing 3.

Hmm, once I think about it again, multiplayer was definitely the best part of Halo 3. The split screen does seem small with four players, and the constant screen hacking does cause a bit of frustration, but it's all fun.

Try playing N3 :lol:
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » October 14th, 2007, 10:46 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:This'll probably start a war somewhere else :lol: . Have you tried playing multiplayer with Halo 3, cause that's where I found most of the fun to be. The campaign does give me a headache once in a while, but it really wasn't that bad. Also, I haven't played Halo 3 myself, but it might be more enjoyable if you played the previous ones before playing 3.

Hmm, once I think about it again, multiplayer was definitely the best part of Halo 3. The split screen does seem small with four players, and the constant screen hacking does cause a bit of frustration, but it's all fun.

Try playing N3 :lol:

I played Halo, skipped Halo 2. And yes I did play a few online matchs including both co-op and deathmatch. But comparing to all the other FPS that I played, BF1924, BF2, BF2042, UT, R:FOM ...etc... and Halo easily waving a white flag.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sterling01 » October 15th, 2007, 1:30 am

XBox360 - PS3 just costs too much
sterling01
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Einherjar » November 8th, 2007, 3:20 am

Raven wrote:

Beat the whole game LEGENDARY without dying and say it's not fun. All you've touched is the surface of the Halo universe, and I hope that you've got at least one Killatacular online. I still play Halo 1 these days. 1 gold Elite take 4 snipe in the head and there are 5 holding swords a small room. You don't get that in easy mode. and Halo games are always rated one of the best graphic games on the market so if you're still complaining, you should just get a damn life. Weapons are so goddamn balanced too it makes CS look broken; And just in case you haven't realized, genius, cutscreen = game play screen. And excuse me if the graphics are enough animeish for you, my friend, this is an American game.

If a lot of people play this game, it's good. The rule of the world is always this: The majority is always right. You don't like it, too bad, cause the future market for Halo will always be a good one.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » November 8th, 2007, 4:54 am

Einherjar wrote:Beat the whole game LEGENDARY without dying and say it's not fun. All you've touched is the surface of the Halo universe, and I hope that you've got at least one Killatacular online. I still play Halo 1 these days. 1 gold Elite take 4 snipe in the head and there are 5 holding swords a small room. You don't get that in easy mode.

I reached the next to last state of Halo 3 on legendary soloing, the reason I didn't finish on Legendary because AC6 was coming out and I want that game. I also beat Gear of War on Insane, so no, I don't lack the skill to enjoy the game if that's what you're getting at. But for me skill is rarely a factor in how to enjoy a game. You kinda sound like you have to be yahoo!! I'm teh roxXXor to actually enjoy the game, uhm ... not for me. No offense, but people like that is one of the reason I rarely go online without a friend. In fact, most of the game that I actually enjoy I'm usually just average.

What Halo on Legendary does to you? Or as a matter of fact, what Gear of War on Insane does? Change a few parameters? Yeah right. For me, difficulty is only matter when they mean a different AI algorithms, not some illogical laming configuration. If you want an example in which difficulties add to gameplay, Ninja Gaiden should be your example, I got slaughtered on the master level, but hey I enjoy it because it's a valid challenge. Halo on Legendary ... not so much.

and Halo games are always rated one of the best graphic games on the market so if you're still complaining, you should just get a damn life.

Full time college and working, hum .... I'm not sure I can handle more life than that. Let's keep this civilize shall we, I browse and post on these forum for pure entertainment and relaxation, I hardly stick around because I don't have a life. One good things about this thread is that people have been stating their opinion without turning it into a flaming fetch of console war and I don't detect fanboynism from anyone, let's keep it that way.

Anyway, I never said the graphic of Halo 3 is bad. The environment and the object is certainly top notch. I said the character "models" look bad and they need a hug. Look at Gear of War and Resistance: FOM for good example.

Weapons are so goddamn balanced too it makes CS look broken;

Uh Huh, and how that makes Halo goods? It accomplish something that should be taken for granted? I can hardly remember more than a couple of FPS that weapon balance is out of whack. Again, you seem to miss what I'm getting at. I'm not talking about weapon balancing, I'm talking about how much imaginative idea was behind the weapons. Except for the Mist, any weapon in halo can be deducted to just a regular gun with flashy animation since there is no special mechanic behind them. Want an example of what I'm getting at? Try Resistance: Fall of Man.

And just in case you haven't realized, genius, cutscreen = game play screen. And excuse me if the graphics are enough animeish for you, my friend, this is an American game.

Sigh ... do you feel the need of throwing an insult/sarcasm every time you address a point? Ok ok, you like Halo, I got the message, be civilize please.

I'm not a cutsceen whore, and if you want to talk about that, let me tell you one of the reason I start disliking Final Fantasy really because they seem to making it into an interactive FMV. Given the graphic prowness Halo's engine got, there is no reason for them not to have better in game - cutsceen. Again, want counter example? Mass Effect and Gear of War, and as a bonus, throw in Ressistance: FOM for good measure.

If a lot of people play this game, it's good. The rule of the world is always this: The majority is always right. You don't like it, too bad, cause the future market for Halo will always be a good one.

Heh, we can go about argueing whether the majority is a good measure of quality for 100 pages without getting any conclusion. Not with how the hype machine and fashion can drive and influence consumer's decision these days, and not just game. So I wont reply to that.

This thread is about opinion, and it looks like you like Halo 3, I don't like Halo 3. We both get the message, so I would appreciate if you keep that in mind if you are going to reply again. No need to antagonizing each others alright? If my taste does not favor Halo and it somehow set the market standard then hell I have a reason to worry.

Well, not exactly since it seem the PC market is still my choice when it comes to FPS.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 8th, 2007, 8:42 am

Raven wrote:Well, not exactly since it seem the PC market is still my choice when it comes to FPS.

PC's most definitely the best for FPS, given the fact that your aim is dependent on your own hand and mind's accuracy, rather than how long you've held down the joystick for. Another advantage is that the graphics of any games on PC can increase over time, but PS3 or XBOX 360 cannot as much. PC also gives room to many options which most people never touch. Loads of options can be very tedious if they try to input it into PS and XBOX games.

After saying that... What PC games require lots of graphics? I still need to test my comp ^ ^".

Hmm... Just so this isn't too off-topic... Are XBOX 360 games generally better for FPS games?

P.S. I'm glad you replied calmly
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby JimmyT64 » November 8th, 2007, 9:05 am

people wrote:Halo 3 stuff

If you want a funny, and probably right, Halo 3 review, look no further than here

I find this guy hilarious.
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 8th, 2007, 11:41 am

halo 3 is just another generic shooter that pales in comparison to bioshock ... if theres any game xbox shud be touting it has to be that one but then again all xbox players just go on about is more generic shooters >_>

oh since this is a ps3 vs x360 i would like to say uncharted is coming out ^_^ cant wait for that game looks like the best next gen system game yet of course thats not saying much but still :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » November 8th, 2007, 12:28 pm

Let's look at it this way:
1. Halo legendary doesn't require any skill, seriously. But if you can actually beat it a couple of times, you actually know about the game. And if you played normal mode, there are just so many differences to realize. I like the ways guns works, really, since there are not many shooters with free dual wielding, plus the bending of the plasma pistol, semi auto aiming device needler has, sticky grenades, and how melee works. Even if it's not as creative or diverse as some other games out there, it's still so damn solid and I usually pick different weapons according to situation. Also, I did play many of the FPS games you mentioned out there, but still find Halo the best. I believe that the game graphics were purposely done to be the cut-scenes just so the graphic fits the game (And just so you know it's the same for every single Halo games). As a side note, my friend actually prefers a game pad over a mouse.
P.S. My apologies for my previous insults, my friend, I just don't feel so well in the past week (you did talk Halo in a pretty pathetic way though).
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat