Translated visual novels other than Tsukihime

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Raven » September 6th, 2007, 9:40 pm

Eh ... don't exactly get you're saying.

But school day (and its sequence Summer day) is not visual novel. Although they are classified as game instead of anime, they're more like interacting movie. There is no narration, mostly only direct dialogue, the character and scene are fully animated. The only difference is sometime the game pause for you to make a choice, in fact, I think in School Day after you finish a path, you can choose to rewatch the whole path without interuption just like a regular anime.

If the anime you mentioned is simply just the anime ripped from this game then yeah ... it has more then an average amount of H-scene, it is a H-game after all.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » September 7th, 2007, 1:02 am

Hmm I don't quite agree after a couple of minutes of research, looks like more of a visual novel to me. Never played it though, so don't take my word on it.

But yeah looks like a 18+ game, so it might have some H scenes in it.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » September 7th, 2007, 1:03 am

Raven wrote:If the anime you mentioned is simply just the anime ripped from this game then yeah ... it has more then an average amount of H-scene, it is a H-game after all.

Woah, the anime has H scenes?

Oh yeah, I searched School days in t3h anime news network and it turns out that there are two versions of it.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » September 7th, 2007, 1:10 am

Eriol-kun wrote:Hmm I don't quite agree after a couple of minutes of research, looks like more of a visual novel to me. Never played it though, so don't take my word on it.

Unless he's talking about a total different School Day that I'm thinking about, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe my classification is wrong and people still prefer to call it visual novel, it's difinitely not a text reading game. It plays exactly like an interactive video.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xavier » September 7th, 2007, 1:14 am

Raven wrote:
Eriol-kun wrote:Hmm I don't quite agree after a couple of minutes of research, looks like more of a visual novel to me. Never played it though, so don't take my word on it.

Maybe my classification is wrong and people still prefer to call it visual novel, it's difinitely not a text reading game. It plays exactly like an interactive video.

I would classify it as an interactive video. Visual novels are like Tsukihime, FSN, and the lot.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » September 7th, 2007, 1:19 am

Brief discription from Wikik.

School Days (スクールデイズ, Sukūru Deizu?) is an animation adventure game developed by 0verflow. The game is vastly different from traditional visual novels in that it resembles an interactive anime with over 70 minutes of animation - a first for this genre. It is presented in widescreen format and divided into individual episodes similar to anime, and has opening and closing scenes for each one. The game has 21 possible endings, both good and bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_Days_(game)

There is a demo for it on Getchu, and no, it's not because it's FMV for demo, it how the game actually is

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=196481
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » September 7th, 2007, 1:34 am

From the same Wiki page:

スクールデイズ
(School Days)

Seinen

Genre
Drama, Romance

Game Developer
0verflow

Genre
Visual novel

Rating
18+

Platform
Windows98SE/Me/XP

By the way, kinda off topic, but would anyone classify Narcissu as a Visual Novel or as a Kinetic Novel (Or interactive video? o_O)?
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » September 7th, 2007, 1:40 am

You know what's funny? I have both School days and summer days. =p
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » September 7th, 2007, 1:48 am

Eriol-kun, did you take a loot at the Getchu link?

And like I said, maybe its just the classification, but it's defnintely interacting movie.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Eriol-kun » September 7th, 2007, 4:27 am

Raven wrote:Eriol-kun, did you take a loot at the Getchu link?

Unfortunately, I am not this person but I will take a look as soon as I stop eating my bandwith off with new anime.

Raven wrote:And like I said, maybe its just the classification, but it's defnintely interacting movie.

I believe you, just presenting the facts I've been shown upon the internets. Plus your opinions must be better than mine after all, you've experienced them firsthand.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sobzob » September 7th, 2007, 8:02 am

Xavier wrote:You know what's funny? I have both School days and summer days. =p

Yay for 1GB patches!
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » September 11th, 2007, 4:42 pm

I see Takajun so ...

And I have one question:

@Takajun, when browsing Peach Princess I saw Family Project. The thing is one of the character (Kawara Matsuri) looks exactly like the one in your avatar. So given how a hardcore fan you are and you're interest enough to make it your avatar (if that IS your avatar), am I safe to assume that the game is very good. From the description I do think it's one of those with a sensible story
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xavier » September 11th, 2007, 11:45 pm

Raven wrote:I see Takajun so ...

And I have one question:

@Takajun, when browsing Peach Princess I saw Family Project. The thing is one of the character (Kawara Matsuri) looks exactly like the one in your avatar. So given how a hardcore fan you are and you're interest enough to make it your avatar (if that IS your avatar), am I safe to assume that the game is very good. From the description I do think it's one of those with a sensible story

I saw something at some website about Family project being one of those highly rated (something like that) visual novel. It's exaggerated, yes, but I think it holds some kind of truth in it.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Chat