Post japanese games that you find particulary good.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby robertofgod » April 24th, 2007, 10:23 pm

MuvLuv Alternative and Cross Channel are my favorite games. They are the masterpieces, and they are both remade in japan as a PS2 game.

The story is really thought out, and makes you cry at the end. The main character in Cross Channel is definitely a work of art. They both only have one ending, but it's far better than a lot of other games. Unfortunately, though, for MuvLuv Alternative, you have to play MuvLuv and MuvLuv Unlimited before it to fully understand the story. I really want to translate them.

But raidman565, Key makes the hardest avg games. Omg, how long it took me to complete Clannad and Air. I would've never finished them without getting the fan book.
robertofgod
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TakaJun » April 26th, 2007, 4:42 am

robertofgod wrote:MuvLuv Alternative and Cross Channel are my favorite games.

Cross Channel rocks!!
Don't forget that it has awesome music!

robertofgod wrote: Omg, how long it took me to complete Clannad and Air. I would've never finished them without getting the fan book.

I think Alicesoft makes the worst games in terms of taking your life away.
I swear to god I've played at least 100 hours on each game, Kichikuoh and Sengoku Rance...
TakaJun

Unread postby robertofgod » April 26th, 2007, 5:18 am

TakaJun wrote:Cross Channel rocks!!
Don't forget that it has awesome music!

I definitely love the opening music、CrissCross.  And Taichi is so awesome. The best main character ever!
I really want to get their music, but unfortunately, they dont have any OST out(or at least I think).
And I need to find An editing tool I can use to insert The english translation into the game, so that everyone can play it.
robertofgod
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AyaReiko » May 3rd, 2007, 9:13 am

Snagged Higurashi Daybreak and Higurashi Daybreak Kai (Au au au au...) off of auctions (along with Fate/Zero vol 2).

Should arrive probably sometime next week.
AyaReiko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DrmChsr0 » May 7th, 2007, 8:53 am

LOL Touhou series?
DrmChsr0
Might just like this board

Unread postby blindrage7363x » June 22nd, 2007, 6:33 am

Completely uncalled for, i know, but the first Japanese games i played was the Ayanami Rei Raising Project. I still bust out the old swapmagic to play the latter Ayanami Rei Raising Project with Asuka Complementation on my PS2.

Thats about the ONLY Neon Genesis game i like though... love the anime, but the game sucks.

I think at this point, my favorite non VN Japanese Game is Guilty Gear XX Slash, never gets old for me.
"Thats the problem with strengthening, if you try to change something that is already perfect, you risk making it imperfect, so why take the risk?" ~Emiya Shirou, Fate/Stay Night
blindrage7363x
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pierrot » June 24th, 2007, 9:07 pm

I'll add another vote for Higurashi. Amazing game.

Demonbane for satisfying my Lovecraftian tastes. Carnevale Della Luce Della Luna looks positively delicious. Obviously, Fate.

I watched a demo trailer of Bullet Butlers the other day at a gaming store and fell in love with it. In stores 7.27...
Pierrot
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby A.R.C.C. » July 2nd, 2007, 8:01 am

Anything by Key. Admittedly, I've only seen about half of their stuff, but everything I have played has been unparalleled. Personally I consider them to be a decisively peerless company in the industry, with no offense to Type-Moon. They're finally making their first real presence on US soil now, with the AIR and Kanon animes being licensed. I don't expect them to be any good dubbed, because they relied so heavily on the fantastic acting of their Japanese voice parts, but I'm definitely going to drop money to support them. What's more, on July 24th vol. 1 of the AIR TV series will see its one and only big-screen premier at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater in Houston, TX. . . and admission is free. It'll be worth it just to see the opening and hear Tori no Uta in full theatrical surround sound. :D If you're in the area and you're a fan, you just might want to look it up.
[font="Verdana"]Wai for Kawasumi Mai![/font]
A.R.C.C.
Addict

Unread postby md » July 4th, 2007, 5:40 am

Oh, and the Galaxy Angel games were really pretty fun. Expecially the fourth one. The new one is probably better. They consistently got better and better.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby movingfinger » July 4th, 2007, 9:42 am

Is there anyone who played BALDR FORCE EXE?
It's kind of action game....I think it's better watching the game clip than just read my comments.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z6TnzPvUIIk

Also the openning song, Face of Fact, is sung by KOTOKO and it's awesome!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GMxCYLGjSVg

The only downside to this game for me was some hardcore h-scenes...
俺の歌を聞け! by Nekki Basara
movingfinger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Master gamer » September 3rd, 2007, 10:30 am

About which higurashi game are you talking about here?
Master gamer
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 15th, 2007, 9:46 am

Ooooo Jap game thread.

Have any of you tried one of the games from the Fatal Frame series? I've played through the first, second and getting my way through the third game.

Here's a link for the (warning: Horror themes :twisted: )
First: http://www.fatalframe.com/
Second: http://www.fatalframe2.com/
Third: http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/zero3/ (there isn't an English website for the third game of the series)

I have to say the dubs are horrible, but the game is quite enjoyable (for me).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raykun » October 17th, 2007, 2:22 am

the game looks scary is it made from a anime?
Raykun
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » October 17th, 2007, 6:05 am

Raykun wrote:the game looks scary is it made from a anime?

I believe it is not. fatal frame is originally a game; it's made for gaming purpose, like resident evil and silent hill.

and rather than scary, I think the word "thrilling" or "exciting" will suit it better. :)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 20th, 2007, 12:25 pm

Raykun wrote:the game looks scary is it made from a anime?

Like Raitei said, this is an original game. The first game claims to be 'based on a true story', said by the director (i think), but there is no factual evidence to support this. The other games are all made up, with 2 having its own new villages and 3 based on previous villages and it's own. The game does fit into 'exciting' and 'thrilling', but does has it portion of scare once in a while. They DO tend to use the old and cheap 'pop from nowhere' scare approach quite a bit though.

Also, research has shown that all the rituals and sacrifices don't fit into anything from this world, so if you do play it, you feel so scared about it =). This game does scare off a few people (my friend bought the game off someone that was selling it from ebay because he found it too scary xD).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » October 20th, 2007, 1:47 pm

nearly every games a japanese game...just alot of em are translated to english...eg everyone thinks metal gear series was american made...
but anyway

---> shadow of the colossus <--- really good game :D

EDIT: oh and about fatal frame, its based on the japanese urban legend of a hidden village that appears under certain conditions, aswell as some story about a haunted mansion...theres more to it than that thou o_o
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » October 20th, 2007, 2:39 pm

serialies wrote:nearly every games a japanese game...just alot of em are translated to english...eg everyone thinks metal gear series was american made...

nah, you remind me of a question that has been lingering for a long time in my mind...
is time crisis(1 to 4) a japanese game, or an american game?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby p997tt » December 17th, 2007, 11:39 am

Japanese games that I find particularly good?

Most of the games I like are Japanese games. Right now my picks would be:
Fighting: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Racing: Gran Turismo series
RPG: Final Fantasy series. Tales of Symphonia.
Action: Devil May Cry series
Puzzle: Puyo Puyo series (anyone plays Puyo Puyo Fever online on the PC here?)
Novel: Air, Ever17, FSN, Tsukihime, Symphonic Rain, Phantom of Inferno
Strategy: Fire Emblem series. Super Robot Wars series.

There might be more but that's all I could think of right now.
p997tt
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby noradseven » January 6th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, every game being translated by mirrormoon.

Now I demand all of you go out buy Fire Emblem 6: Fuuin No Tsurugi for GBA I used my DS to put it on my computer downloaded the translation mod put it back on my DS using the SD card.

by the way Fire emblem 6 is what happens after fire emblem 7 which was the first game released in america.

Plus it has Roy from SSBM.

There are other games 2 but its those are the ones I would play immediately.

lol fireemblem joke

noradseven
Might just like this board

Unread postby Einherjar » January 7th, 2008, 2:43 pm

In FE every time Roy attacks it looks like he dropped his sword. Thank god they improved it when doing Eliwood's sprites.
Anyways, I would prefer Boktai 3 to be translated cause it's kinda fun with the solar sensor. They killed it in Lunar Knights I believe.
I wanted to play Tales of Symphonia on PS2 (I don't have a gamecube -_-) but it's in Japanese. Curse the US people for not releasing them.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat