Post japanese games that you find particulary good.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby marus » March 7th, 2007, 11:21 pm

Apparently someone's working on a translation for the 7th Higurashi game.
I find it kinda strange that they wouldn't start on the first one.

I think they started there because that's where the anime left off.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby animefanrk2k » March 8th, 2007, 6:36 am

Yes, Higurashi has four main question arcs and four main answer arcs. The anime covered the first all four question and the first four answer arcs. Therefore, translation for the game began with Minagoroshi-hen, the 4rd answer arc.

And to play the game, all you need is the anime, the vast amount of Higurashi info lying around on animesuki, and the game itself. XD

Although, it's apparently been confirmed that there's going to be a 2nd season of Higurashi, so I'll be able to see how that compares with the game. ^^
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby soup » March 8th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Yeah there is a new season of Higurashi coming out.
Plus also Geneon has got the rights to distribute it over in north America, it's known now as 'When They Cry- Higurashi' which will be out in June I believe.
soup
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TakaJun » March 11th, 2007, 9:23 am

good visual novels.... I may have too much if you don't mind them being untranslated.
Triangle Heart 2 and 3
Wanko to kurasou

If you want a translated one, I suggest Kana, little sister.
I don't think any eroge can beat this game.
TakaJun

Unread postby soup » March 11th, 2007, 11:00 am

I really enjoyed Prism Ark ^_^
soup
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby raidman565 » March 13th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Any of you ever played AIR?

I'm guessing I'm halfway through the game since I played 5 hours through it, but then again maybe not. I see no end in sight. It gets really addicting though so I'm not complaining.

Graphic wise it could of been better, but in a way its...how should I put it...cute? Maybe not for everything, but for most it is. So I give it a 3.5/5 graphic wise.

As for sound, it really flows and stays on theme with the game. Amazingly it doesn't get annoying too quick. It's really calm and relaxing. Nothing upbeat, but nonetheless really good. A 5/5.

Gameplay its basically a point and click. There are plenty of choices to pick, some that lead to interesting events and stories. Though some end up getting you in the same place just with slightly, unimportant different text (As in like " is suitable for this") For this I give a 4.5/5.

As for the story its simply amazing and addicting....yet simple. Your this puppet master whose mother (and father?) tought you houjutsu, the art of infusing your will into objects so you can move it. Throughout her life she used her houjutsu on a puppet to entertain others a source of income. She dies and so the main character takes after his mom. Before she died he heard an interesting story of an angel residing in the sky. He gets a mystical feeling throughout his childhood and never really fully understood it and never got the chance to ask his mother as he mature. So as he takes after his mother, he also travels endlessly to find this angel until he reaches a peaceful city in the country side. He has no money what-so-ever, so he lays there on the street looking at the sky. He pretty much just blanks out while thinking about a ramen set and the angel. He finally gets up in hope of entertaining some children for some income to get food. Unluckily he finds no one willing to pay and instead gets his puppet kicked. He goes in the park in search for it and there he meets a girl named Miziu (I may have spelled it wrong). She talks of how she wishes to play stuff like tag and splash with him, but the main character coldly refuses. Ignoring (or maybe not realizing?) his coldness she helps him try to find his doll in exchange for him to play with her. (Even though he said no) She finds it, the character gets REALLY hungry, and the girl invites him to her house. And from there the character tries his best to find ways to get out of the town (Even though it is a hentai game, theres hardly any hentai) This game actually sticks too a good storyline and really holds out the hentai (In a way its like tsukihime, but without the violence) Truly heart warming at some parts and funny at others. Superb 5/5. My total score is a 4.5/5
Worth a try. Though the translation does in some parts give off unknown characters, so some parts of the story you can't make out anything.

If possible I hope this group could sometime in the future translate this game for only one girl pathway is translated and not even fully.

If you want to buy the game just go here
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/

Once you purchase it, heres the uncompleted translation patch
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/air_patch_no_voice.rar

The project is officially dead and thus, like I've said earlier on, only one pathway is complete and even that has some untranslated bits.

My source is from this site and from my game play.
http://odin.prohosting.com/creign/Air/

I came here to share this game and to partially find people to translate this game as well which has led me here. I will help with whatever I can and will continue to post on these boards. Thankyou for reading my long post
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TakaJun » March 14th, 2007, 12:46 am

raidman565 wrote:Any of you ever played AIR?

I'm guessing I'm halfway through the game since I played 5 hours through it, but then again maybe not. I see no end in sight. It gets really addicting though so I'm not complaining.

I've played it, and I pretty much feel the same way about the game.
But ONLY 5hours? If that's all you played, you haven't seen anything yet.
That's like beating one girl in Ever 17 and calling it a "decent" game.
I think the whole game takes about 20-30 hours. And the final 5-10 hours would be the best part of the game.

The only downside to this game for me was how boring the usual day scenes were. You read descriptive boring stuff OVER and OVER until the story reaches climax. But the end makes up more than enough for it :D
TakaJun

Unread postby raidman565 » March 14th, 2007, 12:59 am

Hahaha true enough. Now I've played it for 10 hours and I'm nearing the end for Miziu *Spoiler*

(Furf univat gur qernz nobhg ure bgure frys orvat va gur fxl bire naq bire. Gur znva punenpgre'f zbgure gryyf uvz fur'yy riraghnyyl srry n cnva fur fubhyqa'g, unir nzrfvn, naq gura qvr)

Unfortanetly I can only do one route since the translation patch only covers one route and I have no skill in reading Japanese at all. I feel a little empty and sad on missing some scenes and not being able to do any other of the girls' routes. How did you decipher everything? (Assuming you played the whole game)

EDIT: Masked the spoiler with ROT13.
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TakaJun » March 14th, 2007, 1:32 am

raidman565 wrote: Unfortanetly I can only do one route since the translation patch only covers one route and I have no skill in reading Japanese at all. I feel a little empty and sad on missing some scenes and not being able to do any other of the girls' routes. How did you decipher everything? (Assuming you played the whole game)

Well, the Misuzu route pretty much leaves you hanging.
*Small Spoiler*
Nsgre lbh orng nyy 3 tveyf, lbh trg gb frr nqqvgvbany fgbevrf. V guvax guvf vf gur orfg cneg nobhg Nve, naq vg hapbiref nyy gur zlfgrevrf nobhg ure cnva naq nyy. Gur navzr cerggl zhpu pbiref gur tnzr va 12 rcf, fb vs lbh jnag n dhvpx qvtrfg, gung'yy or gur jnl gb tb.

EDIT: Masked the spoiler with ROT13.
TakaJun

Unread postby Atvaark » March 14th, 2007, 4:42 pm

i didn't know air had a partial translation done...now my problem is...where did i put that game? i have a nearly full bookshelf of imports, and i remember buying kanon and air together...damn. there goes my day.

i'm glad to see this thread is picking up nicely :)
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » March 14th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Please use ROT13 encoding to mask spoilers, people.

Unread postby TakaJun » March 15th, 2007, 9:44 am

Message wrote:Please use ROT13 encoding to mask spoilers, people.

Oops, sorry.

Well, while I'm talking, back to the topic of good games.
If you like Fate, Ayakashibito (by propeller) will be a good suggestion. The battles are so hot in this game!
If you're looking for gameplay, try out Sudukuri Dragon (Softhouse Chara) or Sengoku Rance (Alicesoft). They are addictive as F***.
I know Sengoku Rance killed my life for about 5 days when I got it.
The only downside is that these are not translated...
TakaJun

Unread postby raidman565 » March 16th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Message wrote:Please use ROT13 encoding to mask spoilers, people.

Sorry about that. Should of read the rules more as well as other posts.
Anyways

If you like Fate, Ayakashibito (by propeller) will be a good suggestion. The battles are so hot in this game!
If you're looking for gameplay, try out Sudukuri Dragon (Softhouse Chara) or Sengoku Rance (Alicesoft). They are addictive as F***.
I know Sengoku Rance killed my life for about 5 days when I got it.
The only downside is that these are not translated...

Can you post screen shots please? =)....or image links?
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TakaJun » March 17th, 2007, 7:59 am

TakaJun

Unread postby raidman565 » March 17th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Nice, thanks. That Suzukuri Dragon game looks pretty cool. All I have to do now is learn Japanese and earn some money =)
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » March 17th, 2007, 5:29 pm

glad that at least some part of air is translated, I just bought it today ^^ (along with kanon) but too bad it is dead now :( I wish you luck with finding people to finish the translation! (sorry I can't help)
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby raidman565 » March 18th, 2007, 4:28 am

^-^ Thanks for the good wishes. Hahaha I'm trying my best to find a team. In the next 4 years I hope to learn full Japanese and learn some image editing. This game is worth it. On another note I might try to translate others.

Anyways to stay on topic....

Anyone ever played Castle Fantasia 2? It's one of the few, good translated rpg hentai games =) Just buy the game and download the translation patch off of http://visualnews.net/

Getchu Link: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=11383
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 18th, 2007, 7:41 am

CF2R is hardly an RPG... You'd better go for Brave Soul for that.

Unread postby TakaJun » March 19th, 2007, 2:09 am

Message wrote:CF2R is hardly an RPG... You'd better go for Brave Soul for that.

Wow this is an old game ^^

If you don't mind old games, I'll suggest Yuno.
It's one of those games where it can never be beaten no matter how great the games get.
TakaJun

Unread postby KaioShin » March 22nd, 2007, 4:19 pm

TakaJun wrote:NSFW

Sengoku Rance
http://www.alicesoft.com/rance7/index.html
Alicesoft games are never a funk.

This game is insanely addicting. The battle system seems very basic when you first start the game, but the possible tactics are endless, and the managment part adds further depth. It's pretty playable even without knowing Japanese if you learn the system with the help of this guide.
KaioShin
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat