what are u playing now?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!
Posts: 286
Joined: February 20th, 2008, 12:07 am
Location: You tell me

Unread post by DarkRedSky » May 4th, 2008, 12:47 am

P4 2.4 gigahurtz SINGLY core (Damn that's old)
Geforce 4200 Ti (Even Older)
512 RAM

I want a new computer... or a gaming laptop.

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » May 5th, 2008, 9:35 pm

DarkRedSky wrote:P4 2.4 gigahurtz SINGLY core (Damn that's old)
Geforce 4200 Ti (Even Older)
512 RAM

I want a new computer... or a gaming laptop.
Let me refill the info with my pc specs:
P4 1.6 gigahurtz SINGLY core (Damn that's old)
Geforce 2 MX 400(Even Older)
256 RAM
XD

Playing ToD2 BTW. Why would you want a combo system where you can miss enemies 'cause your accuracy stat is low? -_-

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » May 5th, 2008, 10:01 pm

^ wtf? MX400??? i thought they already surpassed their lifespan XD

CPU: AMD(pentium sux since first dual core attempt) Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz (<.<)
Geforce 6200+ (somewhat <.<)
1 GB RAM (somewhat <.<)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » May 6th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Catastrophe wrote:^ wtf? MX400??? i thought they already surpassed their lifespan XD
My pc's 6 years old >_<

User avatar
Henduluin
Crack Desu!
Posts: 341
Joined: November 5th, 2006, 3:29 pm
Location: Dutchtopia

Unread post by Henduluin » May 6th, 2008, 1:47 pm

Re-installed Earth 2160 a couple of days ago, been playing that. Also got hooked on "The world ends with you" which is basically a much improved version of the MMBN games.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

User avatar
idontknoW
Crack Desu!
Posts: 257
Joined: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 am
Location: Philippines and obviously elsewhere but here.
Contact:

Unread post by idontknoW » May 6th, 2008, 2:31 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of chernobyl
Touhou 6-10
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.

User avatar
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread post by inferno_flamex » May 10th, 2008, 1:46 am

Have any of you that played Persona3 played Persona3 FES yet??

if so.. Can someone please tell me what is it that can be brought over from the older game if one had completed it.

I only just got my copy, but having NOT completed the original game yet.. When prompted to load from a previous save for the new FES file. The only thing i saw getting brought over is my intel, charm, bravery.. That's all...


Edit: Have yet to check if my pendomonium is updated...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » May 13th, 2008, 2:49 am

Playing Tales of Destiny Remake.
It owns.

User avatar
Unlimited_Blade_Works
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 25
Joined: January 30th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Unread post by Unlimited_Blade_Works » May 13th, 2008, 3:53 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Have any of you that played Persona3 played Persona3 FES yet??

if so.. Can someone please tell me what is it that can be brought over from the older game if one had completed it.

I only just got my copy, but having NOT completed the original game yet.. When prompted to load from a previous save for the new FES file. The only thing i saw getting brought over is my intel, charm, bravery.. That's all...


Edit: Have yet to check if my pendomonium is updated...
I believe the game states it at the beginning: max s-link items (not s-links), compendium data (skills and persona level don't carry over) and your charm, academics and bravery stats, that is all I think.

User avatar
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread post by inferno_flamex » May 13th, 2008, 10:46 am

Unlimited_Blade_Works wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Have any of you that played Persona3 played Persona3 FES yet??

if so.. Can someone please tell me what is it that can be brought over from the older game if one had completed it.

I only just got my copy, but having NOT completed the original game yet.. When prompted to load from a previous save for the new FES file. The only thing i saw getting brought over is my intel, charm, bravery.. That's all...


Edit: Have yet to check if my pendomonium is updated...
I believe the game states it at the beginning: max s-link items (not s-links), compendium data (skills and persona level don't carry over) and your charm, academics and bravery stats, that is all I think.
Mehh.. So there's not much difference from playing FES with a completed save VS a non-complete save huh...
I know about those being brought over, i just thought that a completed save would have something alittle bit more extra.

Maybe have equipments brought over. Or maybe even cash.... That item that would heal %5 of Mp would be great...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

User avatar
Phlebas
Crack Addic!
Posts: 163
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Unread post by Phlebas » May 13th, 2008, 10:56 am

I got a completed save and just got my FES so I'll let you know soon. I believe equipment and money are carried over at the very least.

User avatar
Phlebas
Crack Addic!
Posts: 163
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Unread post by Phlebas » May 13th, 2008, 11:28 am

Haha I'll have to take that back :( Looks like my saves from P3 PAL version aren't compatible with P3FES (NTSC) *headshot*. There goes 100+ playtime lol :D.

User avatar
Unlimited_Blade_Works
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 25
Joined: January 30th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Unread post by Unlimited_Blade_Works » May 13th, 2008, 2:12 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
Unlimited_Blade_Works wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Have any of you that played Persona3 played Persona3 FES yet??

if so.. Can someone please tell me what is it that can be brought over from the older game if one had completed it.

I only just got my copy, but having NOT completed the original game yet.. When prompted to load from a previous save for the new FES file. The only thing i saw getting brought over is my intel, charm, bravery.. That's all...


Edit: Have yet to check if my pendomonium is updated...
I believe the game states it at the beginning: max s-link items (not s-links), compendium data (skills and persona level don't carry over) and your charm, academics and bravery stats, that is all I think.
Mehh.. So there's not much difference from playing FES with a completed save VS a non-complete save huh...
I know about those being brought over, i just thought that a completed save would have something alittle bit more extra.

Maybe have equipments brought over. Or maybe even cash.... That item that would heal %5 of Mp would be great...
That would have made the game too easy. Just not having to raise the MC's traits saves a LOT of time. :D

User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away
Contact:

Unread post by Einherjar » May 14th, 2008, 5:43 pm

I played FES and didn't really like it (yeah, go ahead a shoot me...)
It feels a bit too repetitive, and I never really liked random generated dungeons in the first place. The school things is pretty cool, but it just felt like it's school... grinding in Tartarus... school... social... full moon... repeat. I never got into it so I quit after the 4th moon.

User avatar
Phlebas
Crack Addic!
Posts: 163
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Unread post by Phlebas » May 14th, 2008, 6:06 pm

So you played FES without having played the original? Well I can understand your point although personally I find the constant improvements you can do in many fields really addicting, sometimes it's rather awful though how there's way too much to do and so little time :D. Shame you quit before even getting into any major story developments ^^.

User avatar
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread post by inferno_flamex » May 15th, 2008, 3:45 am

Phlebas wrote:So you played FES without having played the original? Well I can understand your point although personally I find the constant improvements you can do in many fields really addicting, sometimes it's rather awful though how there's way too much to do and so little time :D. Shame you quit before even getting into any major story developments ^^.
Yeah.. I agree... I dont really like random dungeons myself.. But somehow Persona 3 got to me...

Maybe its the cast of characters..

I donno.. Maybe.. But you gotta admit, that (at least further on) they are characters that you wont so easilly forget...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

User avatar
idontknoW
Crack Desu!
Posts: 257
Joined: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 am
Location: Philippines and obviously elsewhere but here.
Contact:

Unread post by idontknoW » May 15th, 2008, 4:36 pm

my brother got an xbox360 (sheesh, i've a pc already.), so i've been playing:
Mass Effect <-- especially this, it's an awesome game for me.
Assassin's Creed
Burnout: Paradise
Burnout Revenge
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.

User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread post by abscess » May 22nd, 2008, 10:13 pm

idontknoW wrote:my brother got an xbox360 (sheesh, i've a pc already.), so i've been playing:
Mass Effect <-- especially this, it's an awesome game for me.
Assassin's Creed
Burnout: Paradise
Burnout Revenge
The first two games are really great, but be wary... the box tends to die very fast (mine died on me.... :cry: )
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

moonster
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 6
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 8:27 am

Unread post by moonster » May 29th, 2008, 8:57 am

Right now I am playing GTA4 for the ps3.
This game is so good that I have been playing it 8 hours straight now.
I love playing games on my computer

User avatar
Phoenician
Addict
Posts: 105
Joined: May 27th, 2008, 8:54 am
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Contact:

Unread post by Phoenician » May 29th, 2008, 9:15 am

I'm playing Battle Moon Wars, Fatalfake, Rinkan Club, Re-Finishing Kana -little sister-/Figures of Happiness/Heart de Roommate/Kingdom/Ever17 (my laptop died so I had to start my games over)

on a side note, the box for my kana game is squishy, as is the one for Phantom of Inferno, but they are made of "hard" plastic, hueh~?
my Mass Effect and Crescendo boxes are nigh indestructible tho, and rest I just keep stuffed in closet so I don't lose them (everything from Monkey Island to Star Wars Galaxies to my complete Baldur's Gate series ^_^) ah memories, now to find X-calibar and reminisce about the Imoen Mod for BG... and discuss "when mirrabbo will EVER finish the TOB mod he announced 3 years ago"

Post Reply