Help with Irc and fserves? XD

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Help with Irc and fserves? XD

Unread postby Orlandu » March 29th, 2004, 3:42 am

May I ask..how do I own and make an Irc Channel? I need to host fserves....real badly... :? help me please?
Orlandu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » March 29th, 2004, 5:01 pm

The first thing you must do is find a good IRC network. After that, simply figure out a good channel name that no one else is using and join the channel (say, #mychannelname). Once in the channel, sometimes you are required to have a minimum number of people in the channel before you can ?register? the channel with the IRC networks ?channel server.?

As for Fserve, I?m afraid I don?t know much about that sort of thing. ^_^;
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Orlandu » March 29th, 2004, 8:57 pm

TheXev wrote:The first thing you must do is find a good IRC network. After that, simply figure out a good channel name that no one else is using and join the channel (say, #mychannelname). Once in the channel, sometimes you are required to have a minimum number of people in the channel before you can ?register? the channel with the IRC networks ?channel server.?

Well...do you have any recommendations of good IRC networks that are free? :) and about the "#mychannelname" I replace the "mychannelname with the name i desire? :lol: Sorry..i'm not too smart in this topic.. ^_^; I wish i knew more... :cry:
Orlandu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » March 29th, 2004, 10:03 pm

Orlandu wrote:
TheXev wrote:The first thing you must do is find a good IRC network. After that, simply figure out a good channel name that no one else is using and join the channel (say, #mychannelname). Once in the channel, sometimes you are required to have a minimum number of people in the channel before you can ?register? the channel with the IRC networks ?channel server.?

Well...do you have any recommendations of good IRC networks that are free? :) and about the "#mychannelname" I replace the "mychannelname with the name i desire? :lol: Sorry..i'm not too smart in this topic.. ^_^; I wish i knew more... :cry:

All IRC networks are "free", in the sense that you don't have to pay to make a channel. And yes, you replace the name.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Return to General Chat