Alice Soft Games

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Alice Soft Games

Unread postby Qualar » December 13th, 2010, 3:10 am

Hi, I own a few older Alice Soft games, but can't find translations, translation patches, or even pre-patched version for download of them anywhere.
I see where one of their flagship game series, "Rance", has some parts already patched. And even a couple of the other newer titles have been translated. So I'm wondering how it is that decade, or more, old VN's have escaped from being translated all these years?

And perhaps I'm about to answer my own question with this next one. But I have never been able to succeed gettting any of these games to install. I'm running XP SP2 and have tried all of the various compatibility modes to no avail. Each game gives the same error regardless of which compatibility mode I try to run the installation under. And each game has a different error from the others. Any idea on how, or even if, these titles can be gotten to install in XP?
Qualar
Totally hardly posted

Re: Alice Soft Games

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 13th, 2010, 4:24 am

If you're trying to install any Japanese game(s) onto the XP OS you're best bet is to use a program called AppLocale. Pretty much you're going to need that to play the game unless you have a translation patch for any of the said games though.

Besides even with some of the games translated you might need to use it to display things properly though as well.

Also, mirror moon had little, or nothing to do with the recinet Rance game so it might be easier to see what the members of Yandere Translations would say about this.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Qualar » December 21st, 2010, 1:58 am

Thanks. I did notice that Rance had been translated. Just fining it hard to believe that many of these games were released twenty years ago and there are no translations available... least none I can find. :?:
Qualar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 22nd, 2010, 7:45 am

Just so you know I only meant Rance VII. If you want any of the other Rance games or even any of the Alice Soft games you may have a better chance asking on gemot. Aside from that that's all I can give ya' on getting anything translated. As for the games you may need to check a few import shops that are out there. I know a few that are posted around the boards here, but haven't really paid much attention to them at times.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to General Chat