Thoughts about Evangelion new Movie!!!!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Thoughts about Evangelion new Movie!!!!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 2nd, 2010, 5:21 pm

YO!

so I just finished to watch the second movie of Evangelion for the first time and I wanted to hear other people' opinion about the movie.
As I said before I just watched it for the first time so I was watching it more or less through the Fan boy glasses so I can't really say something besides it was awesome and everybody should see it. To give a critical opinion I would need to see it again and even a third time to see the connections and differences between the other movies, anime and manga, but I won't do that today. I am just too excited to do that.

*FAN BOY ALERT!!!*

I mean I was like "F*CK!!" for at least 50% of the movie! And I mean the good kind of "F*ck" like "F*ck this is awesome!", althought there was this one time in the movie when I was "F*ck" the castlevania SOTN- way, like in "F*ck. This cannot be!! NOOOO!!!!!" I had to pause it and take a 10 min recess! it was that intense!
It was like:

*stares at the screen*
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!
*closes eyes*
Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not Please not !
*glances at the screen*
DAMN IT!
*closes eyes again and prays*
Ok then.... Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive Be alive!!
*Opens Eyes*
NOES!!!!!!!!!!!.... that was unexpected.

*Fan boy phase end.*

Now even though the movie was awesome there were some points that really pissed me off.
This was, as I said before, the first time I saw the movie so I might miss something or be wrong about some stuff.
I won't spoil anything but I would like to know what people think about these things.

1.) The beginning was totally unnecesary. It had, in my humble opinon nothing to do with the movie.

2.) the new eva girl was totally in the way. I know it is the first time she appears in the series but really it just pissed me off. Especially the way she enters. It was like: "I just popped out of nowhere to make things confusing!". Really, she is just annoying.

3.) Too much fanservice! (well... I don't really mind that seeing panties or boobs...but sometimes it is unnecesary and distracting. "Oh my good finally I will know wht the human instrumentalisation project was about...and now to something totally different, panties."

4.) A certain Kaji's scene.

5.)Eva #2 with super saiyan and gurren Lagan references. (I am the one whose eva will pierce the heavens! Evangelion super saiyan phase 3!)

6.) Eva's gaining weight. (I know this one isn't really that bothering but... it is weird.)

7.) Asuka's screen time.

This might had nothing to do with the things above but after watching the movie I really expect something from the third one, something Big, HUge, TREMENDous, EPIC!!! and I also expect some extra fan service movie.

*what the flyer would be like*

2:30:27 hours of panties, boobs and compromising scenes and puns of the evangelion characters.
Watch Gendou pick his nose!
Watch Rei make a lewd face while buying victory panties!
Watch Misato put a hot dog in her mouth!
Watch Maya stalking Ritsuko!
WAtch Ritsuko with a restriction order for Maya!
Watch Asuka having her first hang over!
Watch what if Shinji were like Sean Connery!
Watch Shinji, Rei and Asuka do the a night at the roxbury sketch!
and many others!!

God, that would be awesome.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Re: Thoughts about Evangelion new Movie!!!!

Unread postby Raven » November 3rd, 2010, 2:25 pm

Just like the case of Kara no kyoukai I'm holding back until all 4 movies are released. What I'm interesting though, is the prospect of a character paradigm shift. From what I understand the script writer was going through a depressing time and it reflects on the character, especially Shinji's over the top withdrawal and emotional state. He has a new family now and apparently see life in a new light now, and some people think they may change the mood of the anime.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 3rd, 2010, 11:30 pm

I totally hope so.

I loved the anime (Even the confusing claping end), I loved the OAV's (even the weird abstract ending near the red sea), but this time I really want to see some happy ending for the Eva children (I am actually looking foward to an Asuka X Shinji X Rei ending.)
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raven » November 4th, 2010, 5:49 am

I'm not talking about the ending, and I doubt you'll see "that" kind of change ... not like I won't welcome it, but I don't see that radical of a change. What I meant is how the characters gonna be portrait during the event, I hope they can have a more multi-dimensional personality now (damn can't find the right word for it, abcess where are you?), in the original series "psychology disorder" seems to have a one phrase catch all for most of the characters.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 4th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Oh! so that is what you meant. Sorry, I kind of... didn't get it.
Anyway. If that is what you want to see then I can already tell you that there are some changes in the way the characters act.
I won't say anymore since I don't want to spoil it.

btw, what is with calling Abcess for help? That really made laugh. It was as if Abcess were some kind of superhero you can summon whenever you don't know the right word.

MID: "Oh! and who might help us find the right word now ?"
Ab: "ME!"
MID: "IT IS ABCESS!"
AB: "They didn't count with my knowledge of the english lenguage!"

really, it was very funny.

8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Return to General Chat