PS3 mayhem

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Sparky » May 8th, 2007, 6:15 pm

You already bought the Playstation from Sony. And you are importing your games, so they are seeing their share. I think you are in the clear.

Though that pisses me off about having to choose one of the three ways to play imports, because I was so going to import Beatmania IIDX Red. This american one is just meh!
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby Atvaark » May 9th, 2007, 5:03 am

unfortunatly, i was bored and did a bit of research. using the exploit is not considered illegal by sony since you're not modifying their system, using a modchip violates their laws, since you modify their machine (wich you bought. weird, huh?) also, apparently, i'm also wrong if i play imports in my american ps2, simply because it's stated that sony does not want us to play games from other countries on their american system. sorry Message, i won't talk about playing my imports again, since that's illegal. oh, and guess what? buying a japanese ps2 is illegal for us. lol. luckily the pc isn't treated as harshly as consoles...boy, it's illegal for me to play melty blood act cadenza on US grounds on the ps2. wow. just, wow...
that's basically why lik-sang was closed. they were selling japanese game systems from sony to europe and us.

everyone who owns a japanese ps2 or owns any import games on the ps2 or psp console is in violation of the sony laws...

i'm against piracy. but i seriously wonder about this situation...i also tried a little test with bleach 3 for psp. i called sony tech support to ask about some fake error. they refuse to help since it's a japanese product and was not meant to be purchased by outsiders, hence they will not provide any support.

i'm kinda pissed off about this...sorry it turned out as a rant, but that really pissed me off.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » May 9th, 2007, 5:51 am

Sparky wrote:You already bought the Playstation from Sony. And you are importing your games, so they are seeing their share. I think you are in the clear.

What he said. Modding playstations may be illegal, but so is releasing translation patches. We will leave the modding legality to you to decide for yourselves, as long as you don't say we encouraged you to mod a game console. Because we don't. Modding game consoles is illegal. >____>;;;

The rules forbid all warez talk, so basically you're not allowed to discuss illegally downloading modded PlayStations.

Unread postby Atvaark » May 9th, 2007, 6:07 am

well, alright. i didn't know you could download a console though...i'm tired, gonna sleep. good night.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » May 9th, 2007, 8:21 pm

Message wrote:so basically you're not allowed to discuss illegally downloading modded PlayStations.

err...you meant illegally downloaded games right? never seen downloadable consoles...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sparky » May 9th, 2007, 11:09 pm

I want to respond, but this topic is starting to get more and more dangerous.
Sparky
Addict

Unread postby Atvaark » May 10th, 2007, 1:08 am

meh. might as well get back top the original topic, since indeed this is getting nowhere and it's pissing off the admins...

ps3 is overpriced. period, no good games yet. why buy now at an outrageous price when we know they're gonna end up doing a package deal with one of the first real games they get on the market?
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby james-skarz » January 26th, 2008, 3:55 am

DMC 4 ZING!! I'm so fkn bored with mine atm...

I bought it and brought it home...popped in GoW2 and found out that the 40gig model can't play PS2 games..what to do?
Rent Assassin's Creed and play it sleeplessly...god knows what happened when i took my dog for a walk the next day (I can't actually remember what happened on that walk...except that i got lost).

And while PS3 is arguably the worst standing atm in the 'next-gen war'..it's gonna get ALOT better once we hit June...Metal Gear Solid 4, (DMC 4 will be old news by then), Little Big Planet, one of the FFXIII games if all goes well, Dynasty Warriors 6 (which is turning out to be MUCH MUCH better than any other KOEI game in the history of them (I should know i've beaten nearly every DW), And much much more...I'm overusing my fanboy allowance here so I'll just stop.
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » January 26th, 2008, 8:45 am

lol dont expect ff13 anytime soon ... ff13 will prolly release end of this year in jap and then half a year till it reaches the us. Try playing uncharted and ratchet and clank while u r waiting for dmc 4 in case u dont already have them. Also warhawk is a timesink. Atleast the ps3 aint as bad as the wii is right now in terms of games ...
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Chat