The world of Vocaloid

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

The world of Vocaloid

Unread postby Raven » December 17th, 2009, 1:19 am

Hey anyone here listen to Vocaloid? Basically virtual characters with synthesis voice, from Japan of course. I knew about them for sometime now, but only recently I become fully aware of their capacity and say ... success? They're not bad for computer generated voice:

Magnet. sung by Luka, Hatsune, Rin and Len (the 4 official second generation vocaloids)

Scarborough Fair sung by Luka

My Heart will Go On sung by Luka

Phantom of the Opera (it's an Opera) sung by Hatsune and Gakupo

And finally, this is the shocker, a LIVE concert of Hatsune Miku. In case you wonder how they hold a live concert for a virtual character, fast forward/wait till 3:25 in the video.

I must say, I'm impressed. A few songs were done so well it's hard to believe they computer generated. Macross Plus Shale Apple anyone?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Re: The world of Vocaloid

Unread postby I1nk » December 17th, 2009, 4:15 am

I have. I thought the program is really good. They have some really good samples on their website. Some of the samples don't have that robotic sound to them too, but these videos are still good. (Well this is from the Vocaloid 1, 2 sounds good too)
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » December 17th, 2009, 5:41 am

I grew up listening to "Scarborough Fair" sung by Simong and Garfunkel thanks to my dad, thus I find this version more than a tad strange. But the lesbian Luka is a nice add :3c

At any rate, this makes me wonder if Gaston Leroux ever imagined about a pair of singing synthesizers um... singing an adaptation of his work before he died. As for the "live" concert..... Sharon Apple, much? Technology is a funny thing! :D
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Raven » December 17th, 2009, 6:07 am

I1nk wrote:I have. I thought the program is really good. They have some really good samples on their website. Some of the samples don't have that robotic sound to them too, but these videos are still good. (Well this is from the Vocaloid 1, 2 sounds good too)

I think these 4 are the Vocaloid2 series.

abscess wrote:I grew up listening to "Scarborough Fair" sung by Simong and Garfunkel thanks to my dad, thus I find this version more than a tad strange. But the lesbian Luka is a nice add :3c

I think it's the best English song sung by the Vocaloid so far. Although I must say, I find Phantom of the Opera strangely interesting. And ... lesbian Luka?

abscess wrote: As for the "live" concert..... Sharon Apple, much? Technology is a funny thing! :D

I think the Japanese is closer to their anime then we are. Or maybe, anime is a more down to earth thing to them then to us.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » December 17th, 2009, 10:05 am

Raven wrote:I think [Scarborough Fair is] the best English song sung by the Vocaloid so far. Although I must say, I find Phantom of the Opera strangely interesting.

I stay with Brightman's version any day.

Raven wrote:lesbian Luka?

Heh. It's a dumb joke. Just check the lyrics.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 17th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Any fans of Cave Story?
Cave Story Anthem (Miku) [original song]

Then there are those who sing songs created for vocaloids...
World is Mine (Choux)

And of course the lovely PV animated versions...
Anger (Miku)

Want some action?
PV Higo Sai (Miku)

Teary eyes? A favorite of mine...
Kokoro (Rin)

Yeah I can only imagine how good vocaloids and other voice synthesization software will get over time...
Btw, why isn't there a visual novel based on them :O

(If you want me to post more favorites of mine I will :D]
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Tessara » December 18th, 2009, 5:16 am

Let's not forget that Vocaloid songs can be many things, including:

Beneficial to your mental health

Utterly Incomprehensible

and Intensely Creepy
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 18th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Nooooooooo!
Beneficial to your mental health

At the end of the video it says... "Miku is a well-trained vocaloid android... Normal people who imitate her may risk neck-injury" :P
lol I imitated it anyways ;D

Nice find~ Francium too xD

Here's an instrumental version of a vocaloid song only thanks to the web...

And now an actual cosplay version...

Kokoro revisited... Two songs, put together into one... (past and future)
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raven » December 19th, 2009, 6:50 am

X-Calibar wrote:And now an actual cosplay version...

You know ... there are times when Cosplay feel like it's the next best thing since slice bread, but often time it's something I feel like need to be ban ... forever.

And this song ... I gotta say, I don't think I have seen even a rap song have a whackier lyric. I figure that if a company decide to make a goth ero ... this song will be the perfect theme song.

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 19th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Raven wrote:You know ... there are times when Cosplay feel like it's the next best thing since slice bread, but often time it's something I feel like need to be ban ... forever.

I'm not sure which you think that one is but ... if enough of the comments for that video can be trusted, one of the characters is actually a trap :O :P

Anyways here are a range of videos that I found today :)

Black Rock Shooter [fake ending] (miku)

Imitation Black (sung by live people in place of Kaito, Len(rin), the G guy...)

Black (miku)

Love is War (Anti-material mix) (miku)

It's pretty impressive when they sing together.. (lots of vocaloid!)

Here's another creepy one for fun : (Rin, Len)

And one for laughs... (miku)
Fanmade MV for I Found Out My BF Had a Velcro Wallet
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 8th, 2010, 1:02 am

Ehhh...I didn't know there was a vocaloid thread here.

I would have posted "that video " here if I had known...

In any case, quite odd that vocaloid's most known videos have not yet been posted.

wide knowledge of the late madness

dark circus.

alice, human sacrfice

joker

Miku - parody

mikudam
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby regueradela » July 6th, 2010, 5:58 am

Videos of recent events have rocked my world shake my soul, my essence. SEGA has produced a (probably) other signs related to software program Vocaloid singing, and Live Concert Hatsune Miku, Rin and Len Kagamine, Luka Megurine, a phenomenon that has developed around it. Sega has created a 3D CGI animated characters performing songs from their back and evaluate the Open box, which was held in front of the stage. live band provided the accompaniment.
regueradela
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat