What manga are you reading?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Re: What manga are you reading?

Unread postby solopy567 » November 4th, 2009, 1:29 am

I Fell In Love For The First Time

....You have to see it to believe it
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » November 10th, 2009, 6:49 pm

First off:
Beelzebub
F*cking AWESOME. The comedy, badassness and action all combine into a harmony of lulz and garness. Basically a delinquent finds the son of satan and has to raise it cuz the kids attatched to im and if he gets too far away from the kid, kid cryes, leading to electroshock goodness.
Theres also a sexy demon maid, some love affairs and so on.
Rate 10/10

Breaker
Aight, when i started this it was kinda annoying. Basically guy goes to high school, ppl harass im for cash, he doesnt do shit, gets beat up, cuz hes a fuckin pussy. Substitute teacher sees em and, this was unuasual for me cuz ya know, u automatically think ,,here comes the hero to save the cowards ass!", ahem.. .and laughed at em. Yeah teacher made fun of kid for getting beat up, happens... I think. So later a girl that likes the coward repports the guys that beat on im to the teachers and, what do ya know, they dunn like it. So they tell this weakling to come to the gym after school with his ,,girlfriend" and, ahem, this was something i almost vomited from, he started planning it. AAAAAAAAAAAND thats where i stop, gl/hf to anyone who reads ^_^
Rate 9.5/10
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » November 20th, 2009, 3:02 am

went and tried Kämpfer manga (just... dont ask why) and...

holy cow....

where did all that badassness go in the (truth-be-told, non-existant) anime??????
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 20th, 2009, 7:48 am

Catastrophe wrote:went and tried Kämpfer manga...

that reminds me...

*reads Kämpfer light novel*
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Catastrophe » December 9th, 2009, 2:50 am

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CODE GEASS MANGA IN 2010

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT

and is scripted by taniguchi so (hopefully) it wont be a cheap spin-off ala Nightmare of Nunally
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » December 17th, 2009, 1:06 am

Doraemon - raw.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » December 25th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Starting Kaibutsu Oujo

Also,
nanaya_shinya wrote:*reads Kämpfer light novel*

In English? *_*
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » December 27th, 2009, 1:07 am

High School of The Dead

As expected from a hentai author, it's full of gag boobs and unnecessary fanservice. Good thing its not an hentai, but its damn crazy.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » December 27th, 2009, 8:27 am

^I kinda liked that one, ignoring the abnormal boobs. Too bad that it's on halt...
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » January 4th, 2010, 12:02 am

^I agree

Starting Zombie Loan
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » January 11th, 2010, 11:59 am

I've been reading a lot of random manga lately, but one thing that caught my eye was Sword Art Online. It's not a manga, but a novel with a few pics here and there. Here's the translation project if anyone is interested and a small synopsis.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Art_Online

The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Game over means actual 'death' ----
The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' have been forced into this perilous death game.
Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'.
He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'.
To meet the conditions of clearing the game --- getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.
However, Asuna --- a famous female rapier swords-woman, has somewhat forced Kirito into partying with her. This meeting, it will lead to ---?

I'm sure many of you guys will be interested in this one. As of now I've read the 5 translated chapters and think it's good, but it's too early to tell for certain. Chances are this will get a manga or anime adaptation. Here's hoping it is the former.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » January 11th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Atriel wrote:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

after reading the translated chapters...bookmarked. XD
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby solopy567 » January 15th, 2010, 3:06 pm

Read Hentai Kamen

It was so funny I almost died laughing. It was so amusingly ridiculous that I couldn't stop reading.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » January 16th, 2010, 12:44 pm

HIghschool of the dead
FUCK is it awesome, theres like everything everything - gore, badassness, echii, comedy, drama, survival and horror in *1*. But its on fucking hiatus QQ

Has any1 found something similar? Id rly like something thats like this thing... The setting doesnt have to b the same, and i can even live without the zombies, but could some1 recommend me something with similar character and gore? =]
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » January 16th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Dunno. Berserk? I mean... it's badass and there's gore <.< Though it's so famous everyone may have read that by now.

If you like survival, there's "Cage of Eden", it's plenty shounen-ish but it's all right anyway. It has some gore but not too much.

Edit: I read some of Otoyomegatari yesterday. I'm not really sure what it's about but so far it's good. And the art... oh the art is just superb. The amount of detail is just ridiculous! Google image "Otoyomegatari" to see what I mean.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 17th, 2010, 7:39 am

^
It certainly looks detailed. What can you tell me about the story?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Atriel » January 17th, 2010, 8:44 pm

So far, the setting is in the Silk Road in the 19th century. It's about a woman named Amira which was given off by her family to wed a boy named Karluk from another... family? Don't know what to call them. Anyway, Amira is quite a skilled woman as far as I have seen. She's good at archery, sewing, etc. The boy, Karluk is still learning but has his own skills and guts. Amira is 20 and Karluk 12... which is kinda weird, but I guess it wasn't all that much back in the day. There's plenty of screen time for the family members too, which are a lot.

I'm not sure where the plot is going, really. It seems a lot like a Slice of Life kind of thing but I've only read 8 chapters as of now. They go on with some daily activities, they run into some trouble (from Amira's family/whatever) and the relationship between Amira and Karluk develops bit by bit. It's very simple if you ask me, but enjoyable if you want to read something with no deep plot (like Berserk :P). And the art simply drags you in, it's one of the best I've seen together with Wolf Guy but the detail in Otoyomegatari is beyond outstanding.

Check this if you wanto to check out how the author draws. It's unbelievable <_<

http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/otoyomegatari

You might want to be fast forwarding the videos, since each is about 6 minutes and there are 6 videos (2 in each of the first 3 pages).
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat