The end of catgirls?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

The end of catgirls?

Unread postby DarkFusion » June 13th, 2009, 9:17 pm

I'm sure many of you guys have heard of the ban of rape themed eroge in Japan, but even if you haven't I bring news of things being taken to an even worse level

Read this article people:

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/06/12/non ... estricted/

I don't know whether howl with rage or groan in disbelief at the utter stupidity of this.

Also if something like this is passed, it could mean no Tsukihime 2
DarkFusion
Totally hardly posted

Re: The end of catgirls?

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 13th, 2009, 11:04 pm

DarkFusion wrote:I'm sure many of you guys have heard of the ban of rape themed eroge in Japan, but even if you haven't I bring news of things being taken to an even worse level

I don't know whether howl with rage or groan in disbelief at the utter stupidity of this.

fix link....
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 13th, 2009, 11:25 pm

DarkFusion wrote:I'm sure many of you guys have heard of the ban of rape themed eroge in Japan, but even if you haven't I bring news of things being taken to an even worse level

link fix'd, but for some reaosn it doesn't want to show the full link though. Not only that, but I think a lot of people notonly in this community but in many others will probablly RAGE over this if they do this. I mean this will make playing the Tsukihime remake a lot harder now, since it's pretty much more then just catgirls they are trying to get rid of. Although they say they are doing this for the loli issue.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby abscess » June 14th, 2009, 1:17 am

Proper link is here.
Anyway, I'd go for "groaning in disbelief." Canning rape-games? Whatever. Banning lolis? Sure, it don't really matter to me, they will find a way to say a loli is not a loli anyways. But throwing out elves/cat-girls/robots? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's one of the stupidest things I've read this week. I'm no fan of the cat-girl fetish, but there are a lot of them out there and is one of the most "normal" ones. To get rid of the cat-girls and such is like saying there will be no more maids or naked aprons in anime/games/manga. That's just ludicrous.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 14th, 2009, 1:35 am

And if this happens this might spark a unified RAGE amongst the pople that make and play visual novels. I mean sometimes it's fun playing these games since they have a fantasy baised setting. Not only that, but most of the community do know that non-human cratures only exist in fantasy, but it's just fun to talk about and whatnot. Although this might be an excuse to expand this to the infamous loli hunt. Wait this means Len might be in danger sooner or later now, but we all know that "A cat is fine too." :P

It goes to show you that once someone coplains about something they don't know anything atall loud enough they finnaly get thier way. I really do hate that kind of thinking. I mean don't these people understand that they would be killing the lifeblood for most anime series here?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 14th, 2009, 1:55 am

What the hell???? That's like 70% of the games out there , at least. The will even ban pregnancy? :lol: A game wants to be a little more realistic for a change (or not, really), and they ban it??? Well, i really don't care if they ban pregnancy but that made this stupidity be unbelievable. What's next? School scenes? :lol:

At a near future, they'll want all manga series to have the Marvel Seal of Quality...

and at a distant future, a boy will look at a nekomimi maid pic and will ask "Father, what's that?" and his father will answer "In an age where people had free will, that ,my son, was pinnacle of human race..."

.......or something like that
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » June 14th, 2009, 2:49 am

here is currently a possibility that games featuring non-human heroines (robots, elves, cat girls, vampires etc) may no longer be accepted for sale.

*reads again*

(robots, elves, cat girls, vampires etc) may no longer be accepted for sale.

WHA?!!?
*reads once more*

(robots, elves, cat girls, vampires etc)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You can't be serious ;_; No fucking way! No. Raptor Jesus, I beg of you. Smite these bitches with your hammer of justice!

The only one I've read with a vampire in it is Tsukihime but that is more than enough to kick me in the balls. Now the remake is in danger?!!? Any non-human being too? Damn you, damn you all to hell whoever thought this shit up!

Everyone, grab pitchforks and torches. We have to burn these morons to the ground! (But I don't know whose fault it is <.<) Well, that is only if it actually happens.
And what's wrong with the ears?! They look cute =<

I really really really REALLY hope it's just something going on right now that will eventually calm down. I'm guessing it's only going for erogames, right? Because I loved the laguz from Fire Emblem so... yeah.
Last edited by Atriel on June 14th, 2009, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Soulshade » June 14th, 2009, 3:50 am

Shit, is this the dark days of VN?
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby Cannondancer » June 14th, 2009, 3:59 am

Can't say I've heard about the ban of rape themed eroge but then I don't exactly keep up with that sort of news.
The ban, much like the goggles, will do nothing though. Well okay, it'll put a dent in the number of Catgirl Ero out there but there will still be quite a few fan made ero's around on the net.
I hope that this doesn't effect the Tsukihime remake too badly.

Atriel wrote:You can't be serious ;_; No fucking way! No. Raptor Jesus, I beg of you. Smite these bitches with your hammer of justice!

Silly person, Hammer of Justice only stuns :p
Cannondancer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 14th, 2009, 4:04 am

Yes, this will be known forever as the Dark Age, the shameful scar of the proud VN society. An age where people lost their free will, and have to fight against the dreadful (and stupid, ignorant, everything that resembles baka) demons of banishment...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » June 14th, 2009, 7:01 am

Cannondancer wrote:Silly person, Hammer of Justice only stuns :p

Wut?
What game are we talking about here?

Chaos Chaud wrote:An age where people lost their free will

Now; instead of the church in ages past, humanity will be pwned by the society of mothers against immoral evil thingies-stuff. Or something.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Maes » June 14th, 2009, 1:26 pm

That article just made me stop in disbelief and say "lolwut?", which I don't do very often.

I thought I was safe from WoW here, but I laughed.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » June 14th, 2009, 1:33 pm

*reads the article*

WHAT HERESY IS THIS!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 14th, 2009, 3:29 pm

I think this might be the spillover of the feminists managing to sucessfuly ban a Japanese rape game. I think after that they decided to keep going by yelling about things they don't understand or don't want to understand. It goes to show to that if a closed minded person complains loud and long enough they can get thier way. And that way of thinking tends to ruin things for the rest of us that are at least somewhat open-minded to things.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Maes » June 14th, 2009, 4:59 pm

A good, relavent read that got linked at another forum I frequent that sums up how I(and probably a lot of others) feel about the subject: http://www.translativearts.com/log20080 ... al_ej.html
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 14th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Ok from the looks of that link you've posted it seems that the goverment could step in and make things even worse then they all ready are. not only that, but from what I can tell visual novels, maga, etc. can be viewed differently to every person out there.

It looks like they think if they get rid of fictious material then people won't go out an do things like that. Although by my stand point I think this may cause more problems due to the fact that people like these fictional stories not just for the fanservice but for the story as well.

In any case I wonder if this was just to have as a perfect excuse to keep any loli routes from being created. This may mean that we'll never get that Illya route at all. Also, there goes my hopes for a White Len route as well now.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 15th, 2009, 12:37 pm

I think a ban on catgirls or the like aren't going to change anything at all. All that's needed is a message at the start of the game:

"All feral looking characters are wearing permanent strap-on ears. Yes, permanent strap-on ears."
It doesn't have to matter that the characters can actually feel through those fake ears, it's a fantasy, no? =)

Will be a lot harder for those other mentioned stuff though. I sure hope these things don't go through.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 15th, 2009, 2:35 pm

If this happens there are so many non-humans that might go onto the "chopping block" in Visual Novels. Although for some reason I think the Fate series might get off scott free since the one loli doesn't have any scenes like that. Although this makes me worry about the Tsukihime remake at little still. I mean they even mentioned Vampires and well there were two female vampires in that series, excluding Akiha since she was more demon-like then a vampire. Although, she might be up there as well.

In any case I must say it. "Isn't it sad Sacchin, it seems that even though Nasu is giving you your route back, but something like this is happening to were you won't have a route due to legal issues." Here's hoping that the remake comes out before this mess even starts to make things worse for us fans though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Tsunami » June 15th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Atriel wrote:

Wut?
What game are we talking about here?

World of Warcraft

On to the topic ...
I doubt this rule will pass. It is indeed sad to see that people are trying to take our free-will away but I don't think they'll succeed at it.
Tsunami
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Masterori » June 15th, 2009, 6:01 pm

Chaos Chaud wrote:At a near future, they'll want all manga series to have the Marvel Seal of Quality...

and at a distant future, a boy will look at a nekomimi maid pic and will ask "Father, what's that?" and his father will answer "In an age where people had free will, that ,my son, was pinnacle of human race..."

That above almost made me cry ( My eyes were watering thinking ) when I read it, Since I can actually see it happening...

The feminists make my blood boil. I'm going to go on a rant if anyone want to skip reading feel free.

Rape, Fair enough

Pregnancy, Heck what's wrong with that? Just because they have no one to get pregnant with. Kids won't even know the after effects of doing it without this, It's a lesson to the ignorant players. And in case of novels like clannad pregnancy shows they did it off screen as a proof without it kids will be going " Mama where do we come from " instead of it explaining with a more easier way.

Loli, They have half their point but loli = loli, kids = kids they are not the same get it into their heads. Sides it's a loli what marks a series made in japan then say america.

Non-hunans, ...Now they've done it, They pulled the last straw... They now have risen a frightening militia of otaku and non otaku alike.. It's every kids dream to go another world where you can be free. Now they've taken it away destroying dreams,hope and imagination of kids all around the world. Why do people cosplay? Because they feel like their somewhere else, someone else it's all from the dreams when we were kids now their taking it away for the next generation It's a unforgivable sin!

This will also mark sway of the pendulum for japan. Fact : 70% of japan's released games are visual novels it makes up a rather large proportion of the entertainment section. If that collapses it will affect the anime industry also ( More and more anime are basing off visual novels nower days ) causing more problems within the entertainment section which is major fact of japans economy.. Thus japan will turn thrown into the state of importing things like marvel instead as no one will enter the industry with such conditions.. Further killing the money income. If japan falls back in the world standing in economy it's the feminists fualt! [ Note : none of this will probably be true just my own predictions ]
Masterori
Might just like this board

Next

Return to General Chat