A random, noobish question about NScripter

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

A random, noobish question about NScripter

Unread postby zippy » May 24th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for dragging this onto your doorstep, but I've had a random glitch, which is absolutely mystifying me, strike all of the games that I have that use NScripter at once. I figured that I'd come over here and ingratiate myself in the hopes that folks such as you, who has used it before, might understand my problem and feel like pointing me in the right direction. I've had trouble finding tech support for the program itself that's in english.

Anyway, my problem is that my cursor has started becoming stuck whenever there is an option that I can choose or menu buttons to press. The mouse cursor will jump over the first selectable option and if I try and drag it elsewhere it instantly jumps back. I managed to play through all of Tsukihime and most of the Beast Lair translation of Kagetsu Tohya without this being a problem, and it quite literally popped up overnight. Now neither of those translations are playable, but it I open up the original Japanese they both work fine.

If any of you happen to know what this problem is or could point me in the right direction for finding out I would appreciate it, especially because it has little to do with you.
zippy
Totally hardly posted

Re: A random, noobish question about NScripter

Unread postby solopy567 » May 24th, 2009, 10:17 pm

I'm no expert, but try the common procedures such as reinstalling, running as administrator, reapplying patch....Try those.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zippy » May 24th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Oh, yes, I should say that I already uninstalled and reinstalled the english patch for both games and the problem persists. I haven't done so for the original versions as they weren't showing the same problem, but it's worth a shot. Also I'm running on XP, so I shouldn't suffer from the administrative privilege woes that vista users face.
zippy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 25th, 2009, 7:13 am

I don't know the cause of your problem, though it does perhaps sound a tiny bit familiar... You could try using a newer version of ONScripter-En, Tsukihime's build is ancient.

Return to General Chat