Need A Story for a Game!

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Need A Story for a Game!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 23rd, 2009, 7:20 pm

I have this computer RPG which I so have to make before the end of summer!
Has anyone got any badass storyline suggestions.The more descriptive the better!
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Re: Need A Story for a Game!

Unread postby Atriel » May 23rd, 2009, 10:54 pm

Sounds interesting... I'd like to check it out when/if you finish it.

As a side note:
I have some creations of my own but... 1.- They are in spanish 2.- They are not finished and I'm reluctant to give something incomplete.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 24th, 2009, 3:53 am

Sure, but don't expect much. This game will be made all by myself and it will be pretty much in a hurry.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » May 24th, 2009, 12:41 pm

The core of every story:
The protagonist
Wants something
REALLY badly
And the Antagonist is in the way.

But seriously, try www.tvtropes.org. Its a writer's wet dream.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 24th, 2009, 10:27 pm

ehhh...
h-hello.

do you accept anybody's ideas?
even mine?

if that is so then:
What about a new born machine in human shape?
it always does everything in favor of the people but the more it learns about them the more it thinks, it would be better for them to disappear.
Then at some point it decides to kill all people by using a kind of prehistoric plant that is supposed to be in the artic. That plant gives people dreams they can't wake up from. That way it can eat people in peace (men eating plant).

The robot meets people and tells them about it's plan for "salvation" and asks them to join him. They do so and a lot of things happen. ( I don't know...rpg stuff...midbosses and dragons... who cares?) at the end the party discovers the true intentions of the machine but they can't really judge him. They have seen in what kind of condition that race is. But for the sake of the game they try to stop him and convince him there is still hope.
The machine can't process it and just run to the place where the plant is to awake it.
The party then has to stop him.
that is how it ends.

You could say that the player will create his own final boss.

I would have better suggested the one with the perverts but...since this is supposed to be an Rpg ...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 4:42 am

Your idea is innovative.I'll be honest--it' not exactly what I'm looking for but I might just think of using it.
Oh,and yes I accept any idea from anybody(you never know when you'll find the perfect one!) so if you have any more ,please feel free to post.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 8:30 am

A story ey?

Once upon a time there was a king. He wasn't very well liked by his people because they think he's too harsh. So the god of creation creates a man. When the king comes to a party to sleep with the bride, he finds his way blocked by the mighty man who opposes the king's ego, his treatment of women and the defamation of the sacred bonds of marriage. The king and the man fights eachother. The event teaches the king the virtues of mercy and humility, along with courage and nobility. The king is transformed to the better and becomes friend with the man.

Later, the king wants to do something awesome so he travels to a nearby forest to defeat a demon who's lurking there with the help of the man. Afterwards, the daughter of a god notices the king's manliness so she starts to hit on him. The king rejects her so she turns to the god of death to kill the king. The god of death sends a creature that disturbs his kingdom so the king and the man defeats the creature and get's love from the people.

Then, the man gets ill because of the gods trying to kill him as a punishment for killing the creature and the king gets sad. When the king experiences death he becomes afraid of it and travels to a far away land seeking immortality. On his journey he meets another man who helps the king after telling his story. After many hardships he finally gets a plant that makes the consumer younger. This plant however is stolen from him and the king is killed.

Very shallow but might work with some twinking.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 11:55 am

Uberoy wrote:A story ey?

Once upon a time there was a king. He wasn't very well liked by his people because they think he's too harsh. So the god of creation creates a man. When the king comes to a party to sleep with the bride, he finds his way blocked by the mighty man who opposes the king's ego, his treatment of women and the defamation of the sacred bonds of marriage. The king and the man fights eachother. The event teaches the king the virtues of mercy and humility, along with courage and nobility. The king is transformed to the better and becomes friend with the man.

Later, the king wants to do something awesome so he travels to a nearby forest to defeat a demon who's lurking there with the help of the man. Afterwards, the daughter of a god notices the king's manliness so she starts to hit on him. The king rejects her so she turns to the god of death to kill the king. The god of death sends a creature that disturbs his kingdom so the king and the man defeats the creature and get's love from the people.

Then, the man gets ill because of the gods trying to kill him as a punishment for killing the creature and the king gets sad. When the king experiences death he becomes afraid of it and travels to a far away land seeking immortality. On his journey he meets another man who helps the king after telling his story. After many hardships he finally gets a plant that makes the consumer younger. This plant however is stolen from him and the king is killed.

Very shallow but might work with some twinking.

Hmmmm..........This sounds familiar, too familiar.
Gilgamesh's story,huh.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Damnit, you knew about it. Mongrel!

Anyway, it's kinda interesting so why not?
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Maybe, but then Wandering Swordsman would be a better story(you know who I'm talking about, right?).
However,you never know what I might choose in the end though.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 12:26 pm

What's holding you back from mixing stories? It might become more interesting than just picking a story.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 12:40 pm

It's real easy to mix stories.
It's real tough to get the perfect mix.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » May 25th, 2009, 1:25 pm

Mix Star Wars and Dragon Ball!! I smell win coming if you do. Or not.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Okayyy.......where has the previous originality gone :\ ?
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 3:41 pm

How about this one then?

Your parents died when you were a child and now you want to get revenge. On the way you meet hot oblivious girls and manly men with big-ass weapons. Together you use powerlevels and defeat the ultimate evil, which turns out to be your father/brother/mother/you.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » May 25th, 2009, 3:48 pm

I always had this story in my head for a while involving many animes I like. Here is how it goes

The story revolves around a boy who lived peacefully for the first 8 years of his life. However, one day his father went mad, killing all his family, including his brother who he deeply admired. Enraged, the boy kills his father. Later, the boy is sent to an orphanage where he the children are treated harshly and badly, but he makes his first friend there. When the children attempt an escape, the friend is captured, and later the boy is captured too. The boy sees that the supervisors killed his only friend, and his power awakens, instantly killing all of the supervisors.
The boy later escapes again into a jungle, where he lives for about 6 years. (Tarzan style). He also becomes a criminal by stealing important government technology. Using his incredible intelligence, the boy (Now age 14) builds a machine that allows him to travel to various worlds.
Around a year later, Earth is attacked by an evil alien race who threaten to destroy it. The Earth fights back and is roughly on equal grounds with the invaders. The boy, realizing what he must do, uses his newly constructed machine to travel between worlds to gain enough power to defeat the alien race.
He meets various people, falls in love, and gains a hell lot of power, ultimately allowing him to defeat the aliens.
However, he is not aware of the true mastermind behind the invasion: God himself, who has forsaken Earth and allowed the aliens to attack.
The boy, with his new friends, sets out to defeat god.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 6:58 pm

@Uberoy:
Your idea is interesting,but it would help if you be a bit more detailed.

@solopy567:
That's a pretty decent plot.I may not be able to use all the elements of it as it will become too expansive.However, I might just think of using this.
I think these are a few of the anime it matches.
The end is kinda like Tears to Tiara and the starting seem similar to That of Tsukihime
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » May 25th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Haha, you find it interesting? I just wrote all the cliché stuff I could think of. If you want something original, please dont use any of it.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 25th, 2009, 8:36 pm

well...
If you liked the Idea I posted before, then you will possibly like this one:

someday a space ship crashes into earth and some girl (or guy) finds it. Inside the ship there is a cute alien who likes to eat menus (don't mind that. It is just the moe-factor.). The alien is very interessted in earth and its costumes and they become friends.
One day the alien gets captured and she/he decides to go and save her.
...things happen....
then she/he saves her and the alien joins the party but when they try to go back to her ship, somebody tells them the ship was stolen by some weird creatures called "insert name here" who live underground (very powerfull creatures btw). A lot of things happen and they defeat (defeat! not kill!) the queen of those creatures and the alien goes back home...

THEN! (unexpected plot twist!)

it turns out the alien was planning an invasion and she begins her attack.
The protagonist fights back the invading force without knowing the one invading is the alien. The protagonist gets her/his ass handed back to him/her but the alien saves him and tells her/him, she/he will live with her as her personal slave (it doesn't have to be a sex slave but if you want to...well...). The protagonist refuses and the alien sends him to prision in the main ship. There the protagonist waits and sees...

then the story begins! (yeah...that was a the first half of the story...)

the player can select one of the three races:
Aliens (easy mode):
They have the upperhand already. They only have to destroy important places and kill the opposing ones.
Off Topic
NOTE: 3 Endings possible
End 1 : they win and she decides to be with the guy/girl.
End 2 : They win and she decides to get rid of the guy/girl.
End 3 : the lose.

Underground beasts (normal mode):
They have to fight the aliens back since the aliens are not only invading the human world but theirs.
Off Topic
NOTE: 3 Endings possible
End 1: they win on their own.
End 2 : they win with the help of humans.
End 3 : they lose

Humans (hard mode):
The protagonist is in the belly of the beast. He has to escape, destroy the main ship, go back to earth, help the resistence, create an alliance with the underground beasts and decide what to do with the defeated aliens.
Off Topic
NOTE: 3 endings possible.
End 1: Humans win and he decides to be with the girl.
End 2: humans win and he decides to kill the girl.
end 3: humans lose.

The first part of the game is pretty much a tutorial. There the player will know how to use the characters and get to know them, making the last part of the game more intersting.
The (love) story of the two protagonists and the story of the undergrounds beasts.
I would recommend it to be half and half: 1 half "rescue the alien and send her back home" second half "what to do now? Invasion!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

I know it seems like it is a lot of work but it isn't really that much.
Once you are done with the first part of the game, you already will have all spirits for the second part. You will be pretty much reciclying them.
The background and the music will be the problem.

And you can make it short too (I mean...if you want to invade (or stop an invasion) you will have to do it in the first 2 days (If you want to and have the weapons to do so, it shouldn't take long. If you are the one who is being invaded, then you will have to hurry. Otherwise it will be and too hard to do it later.)
Based on that you can even use a timer in hard mode to make it even more hard. But that depends on to you.

The "create your own final boss" can't be done with this idea since the alien leaves in the half of the game.
but since you can play all characters, there won't be angry players who say: "damn! and that one was my strongest character!" (like when aeris dies in FFVII. You just spend so much money and time on her just to know you can't clear the game with her. DARN that really made me angry!!)

yeah...sorry if I did more than I was actually supposed to and sorry about all those holes in the story.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Dark_Habit » May 25th, 2009, 9:06 pm

This is nice stuff man, Thanks!This type of story is quite compatible with me, though if I use it I'll probably adapt it into a more fantasy-like version.
Life is but a River.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Chat