Lycee Trading Card Game

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

What is your opinion on Lycee?

Amazing, I'll definitely start playing it!
No votes
Interesting, I will/might start playing it, if... [insert condition]
44%
Interesting, I will/might start collecting cards, but I won't play it.
22%
I'm not interested, since other card games are better.
No votes
I'm not interested, this card game just doesn't sound great to me.
No votes
I'm not interested in card games.
33%

Total votes : 9

Re: Lycee Trading Card Game

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 13th, 2009, 4:17 am

metal_cocoabo wrote:Well, the number of cards in a booster box is around 600. Compare it to the 60 cards you get in the structure deck. Then again, if they were selling structure decks for 30,000 yen, I'd imagine they'd run out of customers...

oooooh, BOX! now it makes sense... :P (how the fuck did i miss that?? /facepalm)

out of my budget either way ¬¬
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » May 13th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Catastrophe wrote:also:
"All die schönen Fotos gibt's nur bei uns"

Arg... I was too lazy to upload all pictures again. x__X
I'll do it over the next days though, just to show some more cards.

Kid-Wolf wrote:I kind of wonder if this has something like Magic: The Gathering type of setup or something like some other card game that I'm not overly familiar with.

Well... it does have some things familiar with other TCGs, no doubt.
Characters need to be tapped for attacking, defending and supporting (and also for some special abilities) which isn't uncommon in many card games.
The winning by discarding deck cards of your opponent is also a concept which few other card games also have, though it is more common to have something like life points.

metal_cocoabo wrote:Whoa, actually some of the art is actually nice. Do they happen to sell singles? I'm interested in these purely for the collection value; I highly doubt anyone else where I'm from plays this anyway. --And the added difficulty of shipping the cards makes it more harder to promote, like say, Magic which is readily available in my area.

Who do you mean with "they"?
Of course, you usually buy booster packs etc.
However, there are some shops and also some players who sell cards (though shops of course tend to be more expensive).
If you have the opportunity, you can try bidding on Yahoo auctions for Lycèe cards for example.

About the other part of your post... it is correct that getting other people than yourself to play this game can be extremely difficult. I, too, have thought that I'd never manage to convince more than a friend or so to start playing this game.
However, over the internet, I surprisingly found a few other people willing to start playing this card game. And now we're even starting to plan small tournaments!
As I already said before, sometimes you will be surprised how successful you can be with putting some effort into this!
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 13th, 2009, 10:31 pm

well, i found this page selling the individual booster packs (not a big selection though), which is a way better option for the normal buyer, but i dont know about the site's reputation, any idea?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Pink » May 14th, 2009, 4:24 am

A card game is quite an odd choice as something to market...

What I think would be neat is if White-Wolf made a Game System (It'd probably be a modified Scion or Exalted system) for Nasu-verse. It would definately open doors to new markets for both companies (Type-Moon and White Wolf), but such thoughts are still folly ;-;... Maybe if we buy and ship a copy of all the Type-Moon games to the President of White Wolf...
Pink
Might just like this board

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » May 14th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Pink wrote:A card game is quite an odd choice as something to market...

Why do you think so?

What I think would be neat is if White-Wolf made a Game System (It'd probably be a modified Scion or Exalted system) for Nasu-verse. It would definately open doors to new markets for both companies (Type-Moon and White Wolf), but such thoughts are still folly ;-;... Maybe if we buy and ship a copy of all the Type-Moon games to the President of White Wolf...[/quote]
Yeah, maybe.
It'd also be great if there would be RPGs like Final Fantasy with a setting in the Nasuverse.
However, chances that such things will happen are so low...

Anyway, back to topic. :)
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 15th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Catastrophe wrote:Whoa, actually some of the art is actually nice. Do they happen to sell singles? I'm interested in these purely for the collection value; I highly doubt anyone else where I'm from plays this anyway. --And the added difficulty of shipping the cards makes it more harder to promote, like say, Magic which is readily available in my area.

What I did was just Ebay it. There's a particular salesperson who has a very wide variety of cards on sale (plenty of rares of everything), so you can just search for a card you want and search for it from the user.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 15th, 2009, 10:04 pm

^^^^^ how the fuck did i get to that quote??? o.0?
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 15th, 2009, 10:24 pm

lol
Chill out, being misquoted happens.
Anyway, I'm not interested in trading card games. Though the pics are nice, having them in such a small area really puts me off....
Anyway, this topic reminded me of this pretty old chapter in vg-cats:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=84
lol Sorry if it offends anybody, it's not my intention. If it does, I'll take down the link.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby -[J1N]- » May 16th, 2009, 1:51 am

Haha, sorry, I seem to have quoted a quote, which somehow turned out to quote someone wrong.... Or something like that.

I don't think I'm very used to the new forum format yet >.>

Pink wrote:A card game is quite an odd choice as something to market...

You've never played any card games before???
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat